DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NanoSync Antenna for DJI Mavic Coming Soon

I don't think the 1.5w mod was there, it could of been - actually I think I had the .5w mod still applied from months back. I recently added the 1.5w (2.4Ghz) mod and WOW this did it. Nanosync is now what I was expecting.

Good to know not to have the booster + mod, you might of saved me from a busted controller. Right now I'm more than happy w/ the range from Nanosync and 1.5w boost.

You mean you attached a sunhans AND had the 1.5w mod at the same time??
If that the case it s logical your signal went apeshlt, the booster cannot handle this. Max it can take is around normal FCC output (=input for booster). Might be busted now.

You don't need a Nanosync to use the 1.5W boost mode. It works very well with a stock controller. I have both modded and stock controllers and often just use the stock one with the boost mode.

Reactions: cderoche
I am highly interested as well. Please share the link/info with me as well. Many thanks!

My mavic is out of warranty now so a power mod would be a okay with me. And that nanosync antenna.

So how much extra heat does the 1.5w generate, also presumably the power consumption goes up daring the battery quicker?

Am I understanding this right... is it the remote that is 1.5w or whatever the mod sets? Or is the drone that is transmitting at 1.5watts? How about heat and component wear at these power levels? Can the antennas take that much power? What about the coaxial connections?

I have no quams operating at high power levels legally as I am a valid licensed amateur radio operator as well. At my license class I am authorized to transmit many many many many many many more times power than the default.

Am I understanding this right... is it the remote that is 1.5w or whatever the mod sets? Or is the drone that is transmitting at 1.5watts? How about heat and component wear at these power levels? Can the antennas take that much power? What about the coaxial connections?

I have no quams operating at high power levels legally as I am a valid licensed amateur radio operator as well. At my license class I am authorized to transmit many many many many many many more times power than the default.
there is no difference in EU or US mavic, its the software that determines your power by your GPS location
class 1 am radio licence has nothing to do with RC radio operation in EU

Last edited:

I haven't seen any issues and I run it as a permanent settings. I even add boosters on top of the 1.5W mode signal for max range. In reality it is not really 1.5W, but it's around triple the normal output. You can definitely tell a difference if you get it working. You might need an older DJI Go version to get it working. I run 4.0.6 on my ipad.

I haven't seen any issues and I run it as a permanent settings. I even add boosters on top of the 1.5W mode signal for max range. In reality it is not really 1.5W, but it's around triple the normal output. You can definitely tell a difference if you get it working. You might need an older DJI Go version to get it working. I run 4.0.6 on my ipad.

One thing to keep in mind is that you can boost your outgoing signal all you want. The signal coming back from the MP will be no different. Its power is limited and you can only boost that via either an amplifier at the MP (not easy) or better receiving antenna which will make it more directional and requiring better alignment of your controller with the antenna. It makes no sense to boost the outgoing signal to the "whazoo" when your incoming signal is lost because of distance.

One thing to keep in mind is that you can boost your outgoing signal all you want. The signal coming back from the MP will be no different. Its power is limited and you can only boost that via either an amplifier at the MP (not easy) or better receiving antenna which will make it more directional and requiring better alignment of your controller with the antenna. It makes no sense to boost the outgoing signal to the "whazoo" when your incoming signal is lost because of distance.

In the case of Mavic, the return signal is MUCH stronger from Mavic than the signal from controller. Boosting equalizes them, or slightly raises RC over HD return signal. Plus, the boost mode in theory boosts the Mavic side as well (from what I read) but haven't confirmed. Anyway, I did a 59K flight today right over silicon valley at only 150ft altitude. Perfect signal with boosted 4Hawks XR antenna. Both outgoing and incoming signals had 3-4 bars.

Capture.JPG

Nothing will boost the Mavic Pro done output power unless you add an additional amplifier at the Mavic (assuming you leave the MP antennas unchanged). The only way to get a better return signal is using a more directional antenna and/or receive amplification. Its basic physics

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman