DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NanoSync Antenna for DJI Mavic Coming Soon

Wow that s getting bigger by the day!! I recall that fpvlr also has these, for 3dr? Rexuav advertizes a similar product (yours) for 3dr AND dji (mavic not mentioned though)? Why did you not opt for the fpvlr one? I think i can mod my nanosync bracket easily to accomodate this! Would normal rg316 coax work as well?

This one was cheaper at $99 and just as good if not better. It is the 3dr/DJI one. Same frequency as Mavic. Works great.

Reactions: CyberNate
More circular....if these work so well with mavic, why is drone-world the only one selling them specifically for mavic?

It works well boosted. Without boost it's only slightly better than stock. It boosts well due to the diversity on the tx and rx.

Home made Bi-quads is the answer!! Givem a shot.. totally awesome signal improvment . Using them past 3 months.. ya can't beat the cost.. Easy & Fun to build...only problem I wish sum one would build a fancy Biquads setup matching the mavic remote for me!! Thats were im totally slacking...every build to date hasn't met the "ok to bring out in public" quality im hoping to come across.. I see one other person using them so far.. are there any other peeps out there using Biquads style antennas too? Just looking too compare builds and specs .. all the Biquads info out there is so old that I've found and nothing much with use on dji products

Home made Bi-quads is the answer!! Givem a shot.. totally awesome signal improvment . Using them past 3 months.. ya can't beat the cost.. Easy & Fun to build...only problem I wish sum one would build a fancy Biquads setup matching the mavic remote for me!! Thats were im totally slacking...every build to date hasn't met the "ok to bring out in public" quality im hoping to come across.. I see one other person using them so far.. are there any other peeps out there using Biquads style antennas too? Just looking too compare builds and specs .. all the Biquads info out there is so old that I've found and nothing much with use on dji products

Any tutorials/sites available?

Here's a update on my situation. After contacting the seller on Ebay and asking to return the NanoSync I was told I'd have to pay a 15% restocking fee and return shipping. Okay, fair enough I guess so, I figured the heck with it I'd just keep it and finish the install since I'm now invested. Just got home from work and opened up the box and right away I see a problem. Both of the internal cables are exactly the same lengths? I've watched the install video put out by MaxxUAV five times now and see that there are supposed to be a long one and a shorter one. As far as I'm concerned this backs up my initial "don't do it" thought. Am I correct that this is not right and will cause the antenna to not work right or does this not matter?
Sorry if this seems dumb but I don't want to chuck $112 and my tx for the mavic in the trash by screwing it up. Luckily I still haven't removed the stock antennas! Here's a pick of the cables.

Attachments

• IMG_20170504_015646463.jpg
    IMG_20170504_015646463.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 74
Here's a update on my situation. After contacting the seller on Ebay and asking to return the NanoSync I was told I'd have to pay a 15% restocking fee and return shipping. Okay, fair enough I guess so, I figured the heck with it I'd just keep it and finish the install since I'm now invested. Just got home from work and opened up the box and right away I see a problem. Both of the internal cables are exactly the same lengths? I've watched the install video put out by MaxxUAV five times now and see that there are supposed to be a long one and a shorter one. As far as I'm concerned this backs up my initial "don't do it" thought. Am I correct that this is not right and will cause the antenna to not work right or does this not matter?
Sorry if this seems dumb but I don't want to chuck $112 and my tx for the mavic in the trash by screwing it up. Luckily I still haven't removed the stock antennas! Here's a pick of the cables.

As you might have noticed: im an antenna calble noob. Had no idea cables so short in length could impact a signal so much.. but yes, there should be 1 long and 1 short cable. I thought this was because of the very limited space inside the tx. Yet having modded about 4 of em i can confirm there is enough room in there for 2 equal lengths if placed correct. You just dont want to put alot of strain on the cables forcing them in a certain direction cause the tiny connectors could pop out..maybe contact Maxxuav to check? Jake is very helpful.

Reactions: flyingduck88
As you might have noticed: im an antenna calble noob. Had no idea cables so short in length could impact a signal so much.. but yes, there should be 1 long and 1 short cable. I thought this was because of the very limited space inside the tx. Yet having modded about 4 of em i can confirm there is enough room in there for 2 equal lengths if placed correct. You just dont want to put alot of strain on the cables forcing them in a certain direction cause the tiny connectors could pop out..maybe contact Maxxuav to check? Jake is very helpful.
But wouldn't the actual length of the cable effect the signal or are they different lengths solely for fitment?

The 2 internal cables can be the same length. Mine were the same that I received from drone nerds.
Okay god to know! Thanks all.
I still haven't committed to snapping and cutting the factory antennas off! Looking at them I need to see if I have a rounded set of pliers that I might be able to pinch them evenly enough to slip em out. The little nub on top is a must go for the washers though.

Okay god to know! Thanks all.
I still haven't committed to snapping and cutting the factory antennas off! Looking at them I need to see if I have a rounded set of pliers that I might be able to pinch them evenly enough to slip em out. The little nub on top is a must go for the washers though.

Do not pinch the old antenna with pliers. They snap right off easily if you torque then in the right direction. You'll damage if you try to pinch them. No cutting required. They will be intact and can be reinstalled if necessary.

Reactions: MacIak
Yes, very valuable input!
Just be careful torquing not to damage the shiny top plate (with DJI on it) if it is forced it seperates slightly, looks awful. Also if stock is reinstalled and you broke the anti-rotation thingies do not overturn...

Why dont we have mods on the actual drones antenna? Half the **** equation is the drone has to receive your signal then send one back. I dont get why there isbt anything better for the actual drone....or is that asking too much?

Why dont we have mods on the actual drones antenna? Half the **** equation is the drone has to receive your signal then send one back. I dont get why there isbt anything better for the actual drone....or is that asking too much?

The drone already has a stronger transmitter. If you check you controller, you'll normally see that the RX signal is much stronger. By amplifying the controller TX signal, you fix the weakest link. After boosting controller, you may find that the drone is now the weak link. There was one guy here that added circular polarizing antenna to the drone with an amplifier, but he didn't give too much detail.

Anyway, I have yet to reach the limit with my controller side mode. I think I'll reach over 40,000 ft once I get enough battery capacity. That's pretty good range already.

Reactions: Natedoggz
My earlier project, lol, did my remote with $6 cables from Amazon and hot glue and $15 panel antennas from china, total remote mod $21 and then added 2- $21 Boosters from eBay on there, im getting great ranges, but did not get a chance to look at the antenna in the MP during another install but ill let u know what I find out, this weekend

I decided to get the fpvlr "solo 3dr" antenna. The nanosync bracket is perfect to mount the antenna (basically any antenna) and to accomodate a holder for booster (s).
Its darn bulky though, have to find a way to fit this in my bag. No idea when i will receive it. When mounted i will post the findings boosted and unboosted.

Reactions: CyberNate

No, actually want to do this the proper way. So: open the mavic> find the antenna cable> unplug it> plug in a new cable ( like the tx mod) ending with an sma connector to exit the shell at middle the fuse behind the battery> screw on cloverleaf. First like to try this before amplifying, it already should have better performance.

Reactions: Natedoggz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zloalex