DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NanoSync Antenna for DJI Mavic Coming Soon

Why dont we have mods on the actual drones antenna? Half the **** equation is the drone has to receive your signal then send one back. I dont get why there isbt anything better for the actual drone....or is that asking too much?

And I had no idea the word d a mn was a cuss word still lol
The drone already has a stronger transmitter. If you check you controller, you'll normally see that the RX signal is much stronger. By amplifying the controller TX signal, you fix the weakest link. After boosting controller, you may find that the drone is now the weak link. There was one guy here that added circular polarizing antenna to the drone with an amplifier, but he didn't give too much detail.

Anyway, I have yet to reach the limit with my controller side mode. I think I'll reach over 40,000 ft once I get enough battery capacity. That's pretty good range already.

My concern is not with 40,000 foot range, which by the way if you can pull that off then wowsers thats awesome. I am more concerned with absolute positive control of my device for safety and a solid tether to my $1300.00 drone. I already have contemplated getting a Trackimo incase I do lose control.

I am intersted in this mod. I would like to know if the antenna box can be removed quickly and stowed away. I am highly HIGHLY highly, yes 3x to emphasize, turned off by the abhorrent pricing of DroneWorlds MAXX mod upgrade. I just can't justify in the least what they are charging for their mod. I could care less about FPV antennas and blah blah. What I care about as a consumer is maximum control tether to the drone. Video feedback is a second importance but has no real factor vs. a solid and 100% reliable control signal. The drone records 4k quality drone side whether or not my video signal is skipping out or not. It is control I care about.

Can the DBS antenna offer a solid control signal? As a HAM Radio operator, licensed and all, I understand that UHF that the Drone uses for control and video will not penetrate green foliage such as a forest more than a few hundred feet before signal is saturated by the density of the water in the leaves of trees etc.... 40K feet is great if you live in Kansas or New Mexico where there is nothing but open space. So 40K feet is not a marketable point for me living in the dense deciduous forest of Georgia. I need a reliable signal to keep her connected where the stock antenna might drop out.

I am excited at the DBS antenna you guys are talking about because it might just be the best thing for the price hands down.

I decided to get the fpvlr "solo 3dr" antenna. The nanosync bracket is perfect to mount the antenna (basically any antenna) and to accomodate a holder for booster (s).
Its darn bulky though, have to find a way to fit this in my bag. No idea when i will receive it. When mounted i will post the findings boosted and unboosted.

Works well for me. I'm a little surprised that your current setup isn't working well after boosting. Will be interested to see your results.

And I had no idea the word d a mn was a cuss word still lol

My concern is not with 40,000 foot range, which by the way if you can pull that off then wowsers thats awesome. I am more concerned with absolute positive control of my device for safety and a solid tether to my $1300.00 drone. I already have contemplated getting a Trackimo incase I do lose control.

I am intersted in this mod. I would like to know if the antenna box can be removed quickly and stowed away. I am highly HIGHLY highly, yes 3x to emphasize, turned off by the abhorrent pricing of DroneWorlds MAXX mod upgrade. I just can't justify in the least what they are charging for their mod. I could care less about FPV antennas and blah blah. What I care about as a consumer is maximum control tether to the drone. Video feedback is a second importance but has no real factor vs. a solid and 100% reliable control signal. The drone records 4k quality drone side whether or not my video signal is skipping out or not. It is control I care about.

Can the DBS antenna offer a solid control signal? As a HAM Radio operator, licensed and all, I understand that UHF that the Drone uses for control and video will not penetrate green foliage such as a forest more than a few hundred feet before signal is saturated by the density of the water in the leaves of trees etc.... 40K feet is great if you live in Kansas or New Mexico where there is nothing but open space. So 40K feet is not a marketable point for me living in the dense deciduous forest of Georgia. I need a reliable signal to keep her connected where the stock antenna might drop out.

I am excited at the DBS antenna you guys are talking about because it might just be the best thing for the price hands down.

Ok, if you have read this thread you might have noticed that experience with nanosync is divided. For me it used to work well but only boosted. Now it doesn't anymore cause i shortened 1 cable by 1"...this is clearly not the system for me. It is not stable enough to rely on. I do not like it.
My remote setup including antenna and booster were still quite compact.
Drone-world: I have contacted drone-world several times by mail and contact form. Never-ever i got a reply back. That is also not acceptable so i will not do business with them. I definitely am not interested in that crap-package combo thing full of stuff i do not need. I just needed the circular antennas.
The tx and rx side are further apart and polarization circular. @CyberNate has good results with this setup too.
To get one of these i contacted FPVLR, now based in San Marino wow such a nice guy. Service like i am the only customer, unique. The rexuav one would cost me double with shipping and customs though it is a copy of what i ordered.
Ideally the antennas should be even further away like mounted on a 1 meter carbonfiber baseplate or something but i do not want to do that.
For signal it is always bad to have something inbetween remote and uav. Even trees, especially pinetrees as far as i was told screw up the 2.4g signal big time.
So i will try this setup when i receive the antenna. If it works the only challenge will be how to fit this in my bag.
I do not recommend the panel antennas but this is my experience. Just try it, they are a bit over 100 bucks and if it does not do the trick you can keep the bracket for mounting other antenna systems, it s really nice.
Jake from maxxuav is a really nice and dedicated person, you can always contact him for more info on these panels though. And who knows, in your area you might just get the extra signal gain you need?!

Well, I finally got the antenna installed without a hitch. I was even able to get the stock antennas off without breaking them. Now there are 25mph winds so no testing today but I was able to get a short flight in and all seems good. I have a few benchmark spots to test if the penetration through obstacles is any better, I'll update with the results. I'm not expecting any miracles but fingers crossed there's even a little improvement. IMG_20170505_170237883.jpg IMG_20170505_170257983.jpg

Good luck and well done! Benchmark spots are the best.
That sticker is gonna cut your signal in half though;)

Good luck and well done! Benchmark spots are the best.
That sticker is gonna cut your signal in half though;)
Well, as the sun was setting the winds calmed down so I put one battery through it. Not really impressed for $100. Just about the same if not a little worse than stock.
Are you serious about the sticker Maclak??? I'll rip that sucker off in a heartbeat! :eek:

Are you serious about the sticker Maclak??? I'll rip that sucker off in a heartbeat!

A cheap easy test for whether that sticker will affect RF signals is to put it in a microwave for a short bit. If it heats, it does. If it doesn't heat, you're ok. Not proof positive but sensible. If it can absorb your microwave oven energy enough to heat, it likely will absorb 2.4GHz WIFI too. (they're close enough, water's resonant frequency and WIFI).

Well, as the sun was setting the winds calmed down so I put one battery through it. Not really impressed for $100. Just about the same if not a little worse than stock.
Are you serious about the sticker Maclak??? I'll rip that sucker off in a heartbeat! :eek:

The maxxuav ones also come with a vinyl sticker.. was just joking. Take it off though maybe its the wrong material, could be?!.
Just give it a couple more tries using the benchmarks and keep the bracket. Hopefully i will be able to post something useful whether the fpvlr option is good somewhere next week. I will test that unboosted also.

Im just gonna go and buy two Yagi antennas for HAM radio in the 2.4 ghz band. I am going to tune them using my HAM radio antenna analyzer. I will get like a 20dB gain using those lol...

One of these days

TBS 2.4GHz Yagi Antenna

I'm glad I don't have connectionproblems. All looks terrible!
Haha! Noone really has connection issues. Most of us like to play with this stuff for a hobby. Meaning airtime and groundtime. Sometimes a modification does not work out but the learning factor is too much fun not to modify. Drones are too boring otherwise..

So flew 9 packs. Was rather disappointing when it came to range today, for some reason my boosted system was performing less than usual on the same route..Gaining altitude seemed to make things worse, signal deteriorating faster than normal. I did shorten the tx to booster cable a bit and 100 % sure it is done correctly ( tried another tested cable, also short too). Could this be related?
Anyway i decided to do some more testing with nanosync. Unboosted it really is no different to stock.
I used 2 different panels to make sure. Same tx same cabling (standard as they came) same flight profile compared to stock. The only difference being the nanosync system the signal drops "steeper" than stock which is more gradual. But rangewise...
I would not recommend CE regions to use this since there is no gain unless boosted. And that requires the tx to be modded anyway.

So you're saying that the itelite panel for the Mavic or any DJI drone doesn't do much unless it's amp'd?

I could not disagree with you more.

On the Phantom board I had no battery mod, and no amps. Just the MaxxDBS panel. That's it. At the time I was in the top 5 with distance and the stock guys were at the bottom.

It's pretty well documented that these panel upgrades are just that upgrades! They work amazingly!

So you're saying that the itelite panel for the Mavic or any DJI drone doesn't do much unless it's amp'd?

On the Phantom board I had no battery mod, and no amps. Just the MaxxDBS panel. That's it. At the time I was in the top 5 with distance and the stock guys were at the bottom.

It's pretty well documented that these panel upgrades are just that upgrades! They work amazingly!
I'm not impressed with the results of the one for the mavic. I had much better results with my P3A and the Itelite.
It's much more sensitive to interference now and I'm getting random drops in open areas where I had no problems with the stock antennas. I even put the stock antennas back on this morning to see if maybe something was wrong with my install of the Nanosync (pretty straight forward and hard to screw up) and the stock setup was a more solid connection. Maybe there's a quality control issue here?
By the way, I removed the sticker. No love either way from the Nanosync...

I'm not impressed with the results of the one for the mavic. I had much better results with my P3A and the Itelite.
It's much more sensitive to interference now and I'm getting random drops in open areas where I had no problems with the stock antennas. I even put the stock antennas back on this morning to see if maybe something was wrong with my install of the Nanosync (pretty straight forward and hard to screw up) and the stock setup was a more solid connection. Maybe there's a quality control issue here?
By the way, I removed the sticker. No love either way from the Nanosync...

Get a circular polarized antenna if you're having issues with interference. I've had excellent results with mine.

Reactions: flyingduck88

I do not recall mentioning all dji drones. I just own a mavic, that's it. I fly heli's normally.
The reason i immediately chose itelite is because their panels have indeed done miracles on phantoms. But for mavic ( i am just able to fly in CE region) it did not work out. More people have confirmed this.
You are welcome to disagree, but you cannot compare 2 different beasts.
I just honestly post my unfiltered findings during tests i have performed under similar circumstances.

Last edited:
Please mind if you intend to order one: standard this thing is intended for the 3dr solo. The cables from the antenna are fixed to the antenna (soldered). I gave fpvlr a call and he "customized" the antenna with sma female connectors. This way you can use other cable length to fit this on the mavic remote.

Reactions: Natedoggz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02