DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nervous newbie

Welcome to the forum! :)

Just bought a Mavic Air 2 and it's amazing. Still trying to learn how to fly it without hitting anything
Here are some things to help you get started with your Mavic Air 2:
  • The current Mavic Air 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mavic Air 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mavic Air 2 manual.

• This video covers all the basics of the Mavic Air 2.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

Welcome Pippa Jo, I am new to the forum also (awaiting delivery of my mini2 today). Looks like your location is very close to mine so it is nice to have a 'neighbour'. Looks like new lockdown rules are going to restrict for now but hoping in the coming months to get out there and practice flying and get some decent footage (really want to get out in the peak district).

Welcome Pippa Jo, I am new to the forum also (awaiting delivery of my mini2 today). Looks like your location is very close to mine so it is nice to have a 'neighbour'. Looks like new lockdown rules are going to restrict for now but hoping in the coming months to get out there and practice flying and get some decent footage (really want to get out in the peak district).
Thanks for getting in touch. I'm a bit lucky in that my garden backs onto a golf course - that has had to close - so I get to fly around it whilst nobody is there. Getting a bit boring but it's good safe practice. Like you, can't wait to get into the Peak District, who knows perhaps our drones will meet - with a fair degree of social distancing obviously

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm a bit lucky in that my garden backs onto a golf course - that has had to close - so I get to fly around it whilst nobody is there. Getting a bit boring but it's good safe practice. Like you, can't wait to get into the Peak District, who knows perhaps our drones will meet - with a fair degree of social distancing obviously
Oh yes that is really lucky and safe practice will build your confidence for when we can travel further from home. I wanted to get some practice in on mine before we went to Scotland at the end of march but looks highly unlikely our holiday will happen now anyway so i am in no rush (but will be flying around my garden for practice).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15