DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New battery color?

Jacobegg

Reactions
I just exchanged one of my batteries. It seems to be darker. Has anyone else noticed this? Pictures below
da755d85545a1523dbdcab0fd0c62da9.jpg
bcb14d760960323aebdcb14a59e02076.jpg

Did you buy it from an official DJI dealer? It's not a knock off is it?

Wow! Is the battery model number different from your others?

Wow! Is the battery model number different from your others?

Yea it's a completely new battery. Lucky me! (Besides the fact that it took more than a month to exchange it)

My guess is that the battery needs some wind and sun exposure and the color will fade. I'm hoping at least.... the darker battery will drive me crazy if not.

No, I meant is it a different model number as in a different type not just a different one from the one you sent back?

This sounds like a perfect excuse to get a skin.. :)

No, I meant is it a different model number as in a different type not just a different one from the one you sent back?

This sounds like a perfect excuse to get a skin.. :)
It does have a new sku, I have been reading about these batteries but my impression just was it was just from a different subcontractor. However a 100 mw sounds like a big fluctuation.

It does have a new sku, I have been reading about these batteries but my impression just was it was just from a different subcontractor. However a 100 mw sounds like a big fluctuation.

Well there you go. And when I took off the estimate said I had 30 minutes of flight. I didn't test it because I want to be nice to this battery. But that may be helpful to people

I had received an off color one in my fly more combo back in febuary. They sent me a label to exchange it but never got around to it.

I guess i'm not picky but I don't see the big deal, as long as the battery works I wouldn't of even gave it a second look.

I thought it was just in real life people were like this... Now its on forums too. I laughed at the comments you guys made... Then I thought, Yeah, I'll make a big deal of the apparently not a big deal mention of if it was a big deal or not to be a big deal.

OP thought it was a big enough deal to make the thread, and you saw the topic and thought what a big deal and you clicked on it and thought it was a big enough deal to post too. Who cares.

Me, I clicked on it too because I had a different shade of gray battery in my fly more combo as well. along with a odd very faint line in the middle of the plastic injected cover... I never started a thread about that too, but I too wondered, Did I get a refurbished one or something...... Nope, just quality control in china.
P.s. Wasn't a big deal... ahh who am I kidding, it was, I mentioned it in this post./ ahhaha
'
Just click back, and go onto the next thread. If everyone thought like that, we would be here forever to respond to the "big Deals" Trust me, I see ALOT of threads that should have a VOTE TO DELETE button.

Reactions: Gp™
So if you bought a new car the door or hood wouldn't need to match ? Sounds like people have pretty low expectations /standards for dji and their selves. If they are not keeping consistent color of the plastic how much confidence can you have in their work? I've worked in QC for 20 years and experienced similar problems. The ultimate goal is to ensure the customers satisfaction and confidence in your product.

Last edited:
So if you bought a new car the door or hood wouldn't need to match ? Sounds like people have pretty low expectations /standards for dji and their selves. If they are not keeping consistent color of the plastic how much confidence can you have in their work? I've worked in QC for 20 years and experienced similar problems. The ultimate goal is to insure the customers satisfaction and confidence in your product.

I like the two tone look.

I passed your post through quality control and the pedantry department say that you should have used "ensure" rather than "insure". Unfortunately, it needs returned to writer on production line for re-editing. Thank you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki