DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware: V01.03.0600

Yes, and C2 to exit
thx for helping, Ryo

No prob mate, sorry i can't tell any more because i tested fixed wing only once and even not sure if i was really doing it. :D

Reactions: D700
No. It's because pan synchronous follow is set to On. If you turn this option off the gimbal won't turn on yaw stick when the craft is on the ground and also won't "compensate" in flight.

Many thanks, sir :)

Reactions: Gray_seagull
I didn't have any problems with the upgrade to .600 but after installing it and taking it out for a test drive I noticed quite a bit of drifting when hovering. I just came back from vacation in Florida and did a lot of flying down there with no drifting using .550. I'm switching back to .550 as I'm typing this.

I just did the update everything seemed okay, however on start up with the gimbal some reason I got some huge tilt issue and started to straighten up slowly, has anyone else has this issue with the new update gimbal acting funny

I just did the update everything seemed okay, however on start up with the gimbal some reason I got some huge tilt issue and started to straighten up slowly, has anyone else has this issue with the new update gimbal acting funny

I'm experiencing the same exact symptoms with my gimbal after upgrading to .600. The gimbal is good most times, but then I get this strange tilt (about 45 degrees) sometimes. I have to reset the bird to get it right. Prior to the upgrade, this bird had zero issues.

Reactions: Antohagg
I've only done one full flight since upgrading to .0600 and I calibrated my gimbal and compass before taking off. I wanted to see the new longer gimbal calibration process (sure enough, it's just as people are saying, takes a while, does a lot more). After that worked, I flew indoors a little, then outdoors, then up at 400' in sport mode where there was quite a wind blowing - all ok, no gimbal issues at all. So far I'm completely happy with .0600.

I'm experiencing the same exact symptoms with my gimbal after upgrading to .600. The gimbal is good most times, but then I get this strange tilt (about 45 degrees) sometimes. I have to reset the bird to get it right. Prior to the upgrade, this bird had zero issues.

Yeah it's odd, I don't know if it's part of the the startup gimbal process now??? I did do a gimbal calibration and that was a much longer process and it said calibrated complete and looked good, so Not sure if it just from the update. However when i started flying everything seems fine and worked well.

Yeah it's odd, I don't know if it's part of the the startup gimbal process now??? I did do a gimbal calibration and that was a much longer process and it said calibrated complete and looked good, so Not sure if it just from the update. However when i started flying everything seems fine and worked well.

I just did the long gimbal calibration and it seemed to work fine too. So we'll see how it works tomorrow. Going to shoot some lakes at sunrise tomorrow morning.

Finally updated to .600 and got some time to take it for testing. Everything went well (I can't have follow me mode working, tho, always the weak gps error popping), no drifting, no gimbal issues. I was flying with strong winds and I was amazed how well it did while hovering, you can't spot any drifting at all. However when I tried to test the new fixed wing mode I wan't able to activate it. The C1 appears after I move it forward for some speed, but as soon as I release the right joystick it stops hovering. Pressing the C1 doesn't do anything. Anyone experiencing the same problem?
Thx in advance!
Mine worked well except flying towards the sun...It would stop and hover. Were you towards the sun?

Reactions: D700
For the record - my upgrade to 600 went perfectly fine, I flew for an hour today, first I got excited that my Nexus 6p 7.1.2 is finally usable, then the app once again died while was on my second battery so I went back to my S4 and that worked perfectly fine. No issues with NFZ, tracking etc.

So it's not all doom and gloom.

Anyone else experienced massive video lag after 4.0.7 + 600 upgrade on IOS? Just did a first flight today; experienced video transmission lag already at 60 meters distance; never happened that with any previous firmware versions. I'm starting to get totally annoyed about DJI's firmware updates...My Mavic was a very good piece of technology; why do they keep ruining things that went so well?

Anyone else experienced massive video lag after 4.0.7 + 600 upgrade on IOS? Just did a first flight today; experienced video transmission lag already at 60 meters distance; never happened that with any previous firmware versions. I'm starting to get totally annoyed about DJI's firmware updates...My Mavic was a very good piece of technology; why do they keep ruining things that went so well?
I flew extensively yesterday for the first time since upgrading to .0600. For the first time since I received my Mavic, I experienced video drop outs, gimble wierdness, and mid flight freak outs. I'm also experiencing poor hover performance and sudden altitude drops. I can only assume it's all related to .0600 since I had none of these issues on .0550.

Reactions: Capra Vecinului
I flew extensively yesterday for the first time since upgrading to .0600. For the first time since I received my Mavic, I experienced video drop outs, gimble wierdness, and mid flight freak outs. I'm also experiencing poor hover performance and sudden altitude drops. I can only assume it's all related to .0600 since I had none of these issues on .0550.
Strange...I have some 10+ flights now on .0600 and I have experienced nothing of the sort. Either flying it myself using Go4 or running some Waypoint missions using Litchi it all works as it should.

I have updated it to .0600.

Will take it out later to have a fly, one thing all the settings were reset, i.e. return to home altitude, max height, multi flight mode. etc etc. Check everything !
Why do they do this to us? SOP (standard operating procedure) should be to save settings and reapply them at the completion of the update.

Reactions: Rbruz
I hadn't thought about it until now, but yesterday I updated to .0600 and on my first flight, it acted like it was in Atti mode and started to drift (quickly) away from me. I don't recall that it informed me that it was in Atti mode. I brought it back and hovered but did not shut it down. It then ascended and started heading away when in a panic I again tried to turn it around but it went into a downward spiral and crashed into a wet ditch. This was really strange behavior. Shut everything off, wiped off muddy water and restarted. Ascended to 35 feet to pause for RTH recognition when it started drifting forward. After it moved 15 feet, I touched the right control stick and noticed that the butt LED on the Mavic changed from red to green. After that, it behaved properly for the rest of the flight.

Reactions: Budmancan
Mine worked well except flying towards the sun...It would stop and hover. Were you towards the sun?

No, I had the sun in my back. I was planning a video so I positioned the Mavic in order to avoid flares and backlights. I hope to be able to try again tomorrow or monday...

I've only done one full flight since upgrading to .0600 and I calibrated my gimbal and compass before taking off. I wanted to see the new longer gimbal calibration process (sure enough, it's just as people are saying, takes a while, does a lot more). After that worked, I flew indoors a little, then outdoors, then up at 400' in sport mode where there was quite a wind blowing - all ok, no gimbal issues at all. So far I'm completely happy with .0600.

Nathan "follow me" mode works in your Mavic?

Reactions: cimp65

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet