DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware: V01.03.0600

I have done all the updates from 400 to 600 and never had a problem. I won't say this will cure all problems nor am i telling you what to do, just sharing my procedure.

1. Update mavic then controller.
2. recalibrate rc.
3. After letting mavic cool down (off) i do the IMU recal, preferably within 2 minutes then switch off.
4. Restart, calibrate gimbal inc manually tweaking the horizon using 2 perfectly level work tops parallel to each other.
5. Redo my preferred settings including resetting cam ntsc to pal and back.
6. Calibrate compass.

Hope that may help.

After upgrade in sport mode total crawling not the 46.6mph Ive seen before, odd.

You have to reenable the multiple modes. It defaults back to "no" which only allows P mode in either switch position or whatever it is.

Reactions: Rbruz
tested after updated to .0600. I experienced altitude lost for about 1m when it was at 20m hovering. then also experienced the RTH not precise landing. all setting including precision landing was on. Sometimes "gps erorr" pop up on screen. .0550 was more stable.

I'm having issues with my Gimbil with .0600, where the camera is not level. Tried recalibrating and nothing. I didn't see these issues on other firmware versions. I'm going back to_O400 as well.

I'm having issues with my Gimbil with .0600, where the camera is not level. Tried recalibrating and nothing. I didn't see these issues on other firmware versions. I'm going back to_O400 as well.

You can manually adjust it, i have always had to fine tweak mine on all FW versions.

I'm planning to revert back to .550 from .600. I'm annoyed of the occasional gimbal issue. So to revert I need to use DJI Assistant 2 is that correct? What about for the controller?

I'm planning to revert back to .550 from .600. I'm annoyed of the occasional gimbal issue. So to revert I need to use DJI Assistant 2 is that correct? What about for the controller?

Yes, use the assistant for both.

What gimbal issue did you have?

Yes, use the assistant for both.

What gimbal issue did you have?
After the upgrade to .600, did a couple of flights that were good. Yesterday morning, started her up and gimbal started at about 30 degrees...took about a min before it corrected itself. Then while in flight when I would fly to the left or right, the gimbal would not stay horizontal. There has been a report of this happening to others in another thread I started.

Ok, not had that in the 6 or 7 flights on 600 fw.

Hope it sorts it for you :)

Reactions: Rplanas
updated and flew .600 today, everything seemed good except i took a few bracketed photos and there is no difference in all 3 of each shot...ive used this many times with no issue.

For those who find .0600 without issues, try fixedwing mode and report please.

Had the MP since late January, flown it many times without issue. Top notch performance. Kept up with all firmware updates. Today, I flew three flights with .600 firmware. I don't like it.

Biggest issue is as others have stated, and this first issue is anecdotal, is a shorter range before experiencing communication issues. In fact, today was first time my MP lost comms, and initiated RTH to resolve, which it did.

Problem is that on manual RTH and auto-RTH due to comms failure, MP failed to land in same exact spot as take off. It was plus or minus a few meters, but not spot on like it has been heretofore. I did recalibrate compass, did ensure homepoint set, and did enable precision landing - oh and 12+ sats.

Dissappointed in the new .600 firmware. I am an Engineer by training and work, so I'm particular in my expectations on performance. So not a huge complaint here, but I am in the process of rolling back to 0.400.

We'll see how that goes. YMMV. :)

Last edited:
Had the MP since late January, flown it many times without issue. Top notch performance. Kept up with all firmware updates. Today, I flew three flightw with .600 firware. I don't like it.

Biggest issue is as others have stated, and this first issue is anecdotal, is a shorter range before experiencing communication issues. In fact, today was first time my MP lost comms, and initiated RTH to resolve, which it did.

Problem is that on manual RTH and auto-RTH due to comms failure, MP failed to land in same exact spot as take off. It was plus or minus a few meters, but not spot on like it has been heretofore. I did recalibrate compass, did ensure homepoint set, and did enable precision landing - oh and 12+ sats.

Dissappointed in the new .600 firware. I am an Engineer by training and work, so I'm particular in my expectations on performance. So not a huge complaint here, but I am in the process of rolling back to 0.400.

We'll see how that goes. YMMV. :)
Curious...what does .500 and .550 fix in .400? Wondering if I should go to .400 instead of .550 or .500.

Curious...what does .500 and .550 fix in .400? Wondering if I should go to .400 instead of .550 or .500.
After googling a few threads here on MPilots, it just seems as though folks had the fewest issues with 0.400. So an unofficial, unscientific, quick look poll on my part led me to be conservative and roll back to 0.400. Can't really give you all the specifics off the top of my head.

The other firmwares seemed OK to me too, YMMV.

After googling a few threads here on MPilots, it just seems as though folks had the fewest issues with 0.400. So an unofficial, unscientific, quick look poll on my part led me to be conservative and roll back to 0.400. Can't really give you all the specifics off the top of my head.

The other firmwares seemed OK to me too, YMMV.

With every update there is the usual it don't do this or it's now doing that.

Reality is it takes months to know what fw is the most stable.

What I would always advise is people updated fully check every setting and reset camera settings then fly it 10 times minimum, you can not really budge issues from one flight, people will always say I have less range or it does not fly the same but after a few days these things usually fall away.

I have flown this fw a lot and I have not found an issue with it.

finally got some time to test out .600 and everything worked fine. I didn't get to check everything as i only had about 10 minutes to go film up and down the road with all of the trees in bloom. I did notice that while doing a RTH the top bar shows distance to home point in real time....thought that was a nice addition (or at least I never noticed it before). Otherwise, works as advertised...

Reactions: Cut.Aussie

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman