DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware . . . v01.03.0800

Status
Not open for further replies.
What will happen when the app on your tablet crashes when flying 2km far away? You have to start walking?

Watching

Life sure would be more simple in Mavicland if folks didn't holler before they're hurt, and if they kept their OPINIONS to themselves and only offered up FACTS to add to the collective consciousness gathered here. Who can fly right through all of the static being projected hereabouts 24/7?

let's see.. just flying now to holidays.. if app +Mavic don't bother.. I'll forget this update for 2 weeks

Whatever the case, I think I'll just stick with the .700 I'm on until something compels me otherwise.

Best of luck on the latest DJI adventure, all those who've embarked upon it.

Reactions: peros550
Life sure would be more simple in Mavicland if folks didn't holler before they're hurt, and if they kept their OPINIONS to themselves and only offered up FACTS to add to the collective consciousness gathered here. Who can fly right through all of the static being projected hereabouts 24/7?
Considering the way DJI words things, can you blame them? No one wants to buy an expensive piece of equipment only to loose functionality of it, and by DJIs own wording that is exactly the way it sounds, even if it is only poor translation.

You're right about needing to wait and get the facts but no one wants to be the guinea pig either.

Downloading and installing now but I won't be flying for a couple of days due to health issues. Currently at 60% without any burps except that even with .800 reporting fully downloaded to my iPad it never started the upgrade process.

I had to shut the AC & RC down and restart to get the update process started.

Here's hoping this is a good update.

Done, with no problems on the update. Rebooted the AC & RC.

I did notice the LEDs on the battery blinking, which I've never seen before so I'm guessing the batteries got a F/W update as well.

Total install time was about 15 to 18 minutes. Upgrade size was 207.4 MB.

So if the DJI Go app crashes, will the Mavic attempt to RTH if it is outside the limitations noted? Not very clear.

Prior to this update I was able to fly in my neighborhood. After the update it is now a NFZ (technically on the edge of Class D airspace) and I cannot even takeoff. Plan to downgrade tonight and hope that will fix the problem....

Reactions: jcp411
a2f91ed42d04ea5f2e30b75fdad6c11a.jpg

Are we have the same update guys???

Reactions: Daptone
are imperial measurements added to the googles?

Considering the way DJI words things, can you blame them? No one wants to buy an expensive piece of equipment only to loose functionality of it, and by DJIs own wording that is exactly the way it sounds, even if it is only poor translation.

You're right about needing to wait and get the facts but no one wants to be the guinea pig either.

I would agree DJI's wording is misleading.

If I understood the release notes properly they should clearly state:
- it is required to use the device with Go4 or other compatible App (meaning you will be restricted to fly with RC only)
- it is required to log in into DJI Account in Go4 App ONCE after update to 4.1.0 and don't sign-out

instead of writing very misleading "you will be restricted, when not connected or logged into the app during flight", making people think that we need internet connection.

Today i just put on decals on my mavic, turn it on and I got the exact notification.. and press ignore.. what will happen next? If i decide not to upgrade will i get the limited distance??? Cant fly right now its midnight, only have time to fly this weekend..
0f65f7457be261bc6f67a8ce42258b0a.jpg

Reactions: Daptone and wp7718
Done, with no problems on the update. Rebooted the AC & RC.

I did notice the LEDs on the battery blinking, which I've never seen before so I'm guessing the batteries got a F/W update as well.

Total install time was about 15 to 18 minutes. Upgrade size was 207.4 MB.
My total install time took about 45 minutes.

Today i just put on decals on my mavic, turn it on and I got the exact notification.. and press ignore.. what will happen next? If i decide not to upgrade will i get the limited distance??? Cant fly right now its midnight, only have time to fly this weekend..
0f65f7457be261bc6f67a8ce42258b0a.jpg

I haven't upgraded, and I flewthis morning without any problems that I could tell. Of course, I use Litchi and haven't opened Go 4 in over a month, so that may be a factor for all I know.

I agree that DJI needs help in their communication skills. They seem incapable of stating things in a non ambiguous way. We'll find out soon, but I "think" the signin is a one time thing and then it's fly as before, with or without an internet connection.

As far as adding the Spark modes, who knows. If it's all firmware, then we'll most likely get them added to the Mavic and P4. However, these modes may have a hardware component, and if so, the answer is nope. Again, some straightforward communication with owners would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead