DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware . . . v01.03.0800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloading and installing now but I won't be flying for a couple of days due to health issues. Currently at 60% without any burps except that even with .800 reporting fully downloaded to my iPad it never started the upgrade process.

I had to shut the AC & RC down and restart to get the update process started.

Here's hoping this is a good update.

Yep I had to restart everything to get the update part started!!

I would agree DJI's wording is misleading.

If I understood the release notes properly they should clearly state:
- it is required to use the device with Go4 or other compatible App (meaning you will be restricted to fly with RC only)
- it is required to log in into DJI Account in Go4 App ONCE after update to 4.1.0 and don't sign-out

instead of writing very misleading "you will be restricted, when not connected or logged into the app during flight", making people think that we need internet connection.
When you're flying without the RC, you're still using the app on your phone, so I think you may be wrong about that part.

When you're flying without the RC, you're still using the app on your phone, so I think you may be wrong about that part.
I wasn't saying anything about flying without RC - Wi-fi mode is restricted by default because it is Wi-fi.
I meant flying with RC, without the phone, which is the rare case, but still.

I really wonder how the engineers in DJI can build such a fine piece of equipment (their drones) and in the same time, being such morons as far as firmware updates can be!
I mean, I upgraded firmwares for many equipment in my electronic life, ranging from cameras to computers to I can't think what else, but their process is the most ****** I ever saw!
This DJI Assistant, on Mac, is just a piece of crap, their update through Internet is so badly programmed that it never works alright, you need to start again and again a process that is so badly explained in the scarce dialogs they allow you to see on their software, and even after, when you —finally— think you're ok, it's only to see your drone fail to log into the DJI GO app and you have, again and again, to start all over.
I mean, come on guys, give us a brake here: why don't you let us download the upgrade file and let us install it, offline, when it's entirely loaded, as everybody else in the world ususally do?
And I say that as I'm on a brand new fiber Internet line, so with plenty of bandwidth to —normally— being able to d/l correctly.

I'm really pissed now with this DJI crap! :(

Mine has been stuck at Download 100% for 5 minutes on my iPhone 7 Plus. Soooo what should I do being it appears nothing is happening?

edit: I just restarted the app

Last edited:
In the pop-up message (Notice of firmware update): If the first word were "For" instead of "After" would that make more sense?
Or am I misunderstanding the misunderstanding?

Reactions: skeester
Life sure would be more simple in Mavicland if folks didn't holler before they're hurt, and if they kept their OPINIONS to themselves and only offered up FACTS to add to the collective consciousness gathered here. Who can fly right through all of the static being projected hereabouts 24/7?
I don't understand how so many fail to understand what is so clear and simple. I'm really wondering if people generally are just dumb and granite.

I've read a few posts across two threads, and that was all I needed to get the complete, accurate picture, which I will summarize here:
  • .800 implements the flight restrictions that have consumed this forum for the last few weeks.
  • With .800, all users must use at least GO4 version 4.1.0 or later (4.0.8 might be okay, but I'd ignore it)
  • After updating to .800, users outside the US must be connected to the internet with their smart device, and log in to their DJI account through the GO4 app after connecting to the aircraft in order to lift the 30m/50m alt/dist restrictions. This is necessary only once outside the US; for China users, login will be required every 3 months.
  • Each time the aircraft is powered on, it must connect to the GO4 app to disable the flight restrictions. However, an internet connection, and login to DJI account is not required so long as the user did not log out in the app.
  • To use third-party apps, the aircraft must first be connected to GO4 to disable flight restrictions. Then GO4 can be exited, and the third part app can be connected and used, provided the aircraft is not power cycled.
  • NFZ behavior is also updated/changed; at least one users has reported that some of the NFZ problems seem to have been fixed/improved
That's basically it. Wasn't hard to distill from the postings. Not sure why people have so much trouble "getting it". Perhaps they aren't bothering to read anything in these threads before they spout off?

Me? I'm staying right where I am on .400 for the foreseeable future.

Yep I had to restart everything to get the update part started!!
With all the issues the smartphone apps have (especially on Android), it really seems rather unwise (and basically lazy) to take the risk of updating wireless with these shaky platforms.

Do it with Assistant 2. It's solid solid solid, and rarely ever has a problem or failure. Unless you totally lack access to a PC, it's the only way to go.

Anybody knows what this refers to? "Optimized color shading in for improved footage quality"

• To use third-party apps, the aircraft must first be connected to GO4 to disable flight restrictions. Then GO4 can be exited, and the third part app can be connected and used, provided the aircraft is not power cycled.
This is only needed if the 3rd party app is not yet using the 4.1 SDK.

Reactions: jcpkkmw
Hahahahh I love the way DJI is doing it !!
They are feeding us Crap ----> log in to fly
Then at the same time feed us some candy -----> upgrade for goggles
From what I read there goggles aren't that hot ---- One poster in another forum said to me that he cant see the controller being bigger then the AC ??? Because I was speaking of the BS components
DJI incorporated into the remote!
So I guess it's OK to have a Pampers Box strapped to your head for a controller???? That 2 Mavic's can fit into !
DJI your destroying a Beautiful thing !!!!
I hope he sees this post lolllll

Last edited:
With all the issues the smartphone apps have (especially on Android), it really seems rather unwise (and basically lazy) to take the risk of updating wireless with these shaky platforms.

Do it with Assistant 2. It's solid solid solid, and rarely ever has a problem or failure. Unless you totally lack access to a PC, it's the only way to go.

That's totally false.
I always upgrade through that piece of crap and it *always* fail at least once.
For this lats .008 one, it's only 4 times I tried. And I stopped as it still disn't work. (One battery nearly completly emptied).
I'll try again tomorrow, maybe the DJI servers will be functionnal for a change.
We never know right, if miracles exist? :(

Prior to this update I was able to fly in my neighborhood. After the update it is now a NFZ (technically on the edge of Class D airspace) and I cannot even takeoff. Plan to downgrade tonight and hope that will fix the problem....

Same here, but even a downgrade to 0600 still left me in a NFZ. Before I was able to turn GEO off and fly with no problems. Not any more, seems the NFZ database upgrade is separate from firmware update. No way to roll back NFZ database, so don't update if you haven't clicked it yet. Ready to sell this now.

That's totally false.
I always upgrade through that piece of crap and it *always* fail at least once.
For this lats .008 one, it's only 4 times I tried. And I stopped as it still disn't work. (One battery nearly completly emptied).
I'll try again tomorrow, maybe the DJI servers will be functionnal for a change.
We never know right, if miracles exist? :(
No offense intended, but when one person has so many problems over and over with something and gazillions of others do not, it tends to point to the person as doing something wrong, not problems/bugs with the product.

In contrast to your experience, I've never had a single issue using Assistant 2, same experience as many.

I believe many have a problem with updates once in a while, But never constantly
Using Assistant 2 is more reliable and consistent then using the GO app
also many people RUSH it and cause it to fail

It's still not clear to me- if we are ONLY flying with the RC controller, will there be crippling flight restrictions once the Mavic is upgraded to .800 ?

It's still not clear to me- if we are ONLY flying with the RC controller, will there be crippling flight restrictions once the Mavic is upgraded to .800 ?

Yes

You must have the app there at the start of the flight, you don't have to use it for the flight, and you can safely disconnect the phone/tablet once the aircraft is powered up, but yes, if you do not connect the phone/tablet at all and just try to fly with the controller you will be restricted.

Reactions: jcp411
I don't think DJI will ever be clear with there communications --- This is the game they play with us
It's just an arrogant Mentality way of saying, Do as we say , Don't ask questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev