Mavic Pro Release Notes
Mavic - Wherever you go
Copyright © 2017 DJI All Rights Reserved. 1
Date : 2017.04.11
Firmware : v01.03.0600
DJI GO 4 App iOS : v4.0.7
DJI GO 4 App Android : v4.0.6
What’s New?
 Added Fixed-Wing mode. For details about Fixed-Wing mode, please refer to the Intelligent Flight Mode
section in user manual v1.6.
 Added an option to turn off the remote controller low battery level warning. When battery level is less
than 15%, just press the power button on the remote controller to turn off the warning.
 Optimized Dual Remote Controller Mode. (Requires DJI GO 4 iOS v4.0.5 or later or Android v4.0.5
or later)
 Optimized No-Fly Zone Return to Home and unlocking function.
 Improved playback performance.
 Improved default colors for DNG files.
 Optimized gimbal auto-calibration.
Notes:
 Restart the aircraft and remote controller after upgrade is complete.
 If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4, and retry.

So this new fixed wing mode sounds confusing to me, like it would cause some unexpected behaviors as it remaps the sticks:

Fixed-Wing Mode

The aircraft will fly forward automatically at a certain speed after entering Fixed-Wing Mode. Push the left stick up to ascend and down to descend. Push either stick left or right to rotate the aircraft. Pushing the right stick up will accelerate and pushing down will exit Fixed-Wing Mode.In the DJI GO 4 app, tap the icon and enable Fixed-Wing Mode. Push the right stick up until the C1 icon appears, then press the C1 button on the remote controller to enter Fixed-Wing Mode. Push the right stick down or press the C2 button on the remote controller to exit Fixed-Wing Mode.​

• Push the right stick up until flight speed reaches 3m/s or more to enter Fixed-Wing Mode. Do not move the sticks in any other direction.
  • Flight speed cannot be reduced while using Fixed-Wing Mode. You can only push the right stick up to accelerate. Pushing the right stick down will exit Fixed-Wing Mode.
  • Other Intelligent Flight Modes and Portrait Mode are disabled when using Fixed-Wing Mode.

Last edited:
Seems like a couple things people have been asking for. I like the idea of being able to mute the low battery warning but I hate having to push the power button to do it! :eek: There will be some nerves there that it doesn't shut off the unit. The power button should not be a dual function button.

Fixed-Wing mode makes no sense to me, but I guess there are people out there who want it to fly like a plane for some reason. I'm not sure what the application would be.

Regarding other questions on updating, I have not had an issue doing my updates via iOS app, but I have no idea why it takes as long as it does. Somewhere there is a kink in their update process. However, at least I haven't heard of anyone "bricking" their unit by screwing it up. Yet...

Try to imagine a footage that has less than 23fps, the scene shown is not fluid, it appears to be showing from um frame to other. Did you know what I mean by that?

Anyone else had the same problem?
Do you see stuttering on this video
I am still trying to understand if my unit is faulty or if this is a normal behaviour...

Do you see stuttering on this video
I am still trying to understand if my unit is faulty or if this is a normal behaviour...
I saw what you mean. Mine is happening on the video feed through DJI Go 4. The files are OK until now.

Are you using a class 10 SD Card or UHS class 1?

Hi , I have used a wrong terminology here saying stuttering instead of Flickering. I was under the impression that both terms refer to somewhat the same issue. Sorry for the confusion.
I used the SD it came with, but then I bought a new Sandisk Extreme rated for 4K. The recording was 2.7K though. The problem remains especially on bright sunny days you can notice flickering on the green part of the image (like trees and bushes). Some people on the internet acknowledge this flickering as being with DJI products since Phantom 3 and Inspire one. They say it has to do with the encoder. Do you think this flickering is acceptable ?

Hi , I have used a wrong terminology here saying stuttering instead of Flickering. I was under the impression that both terms refer to somewhat the same issue. Sorry for the confusion.
I used the SD it came with, but then I bought a new Sandisk Extreme rated for 4K. The recording was 2.7K though. The problem remains especially on bright sunny days you can notice flickering on the green part of the image (like trees and bushes). Some people on the internet acknowledge this flickering as being with DJI products since Phantom 3 and Inspire one. They say it has to do with the encoder. Do you think this flickering is acceptable ?
Are you running an ND filter? What are your typical video settings when taking video with this noted flicker?

Yes, almost always I'm running an ND8 or ND16 by TACO. Lately, I have been trying manual settings:
White Balance: Sunny
Focus: set once to infinity and then turn to manual to leave it like that
Exposure : Sometimes start with auto and then use the lock button at a pretty much good shutter (60-150 depending on the angle)
Or sometimes, I go with full manual settings and select ISO and Shutter appropriately. (To be honest, I can't always follow the rule (2x the frame rate =60) there are occasions that I get an overexposed image(even with ND16, ISO:100, Shutter:60) so I go for a little higher speed up to 150 to compensate). Do you think that could be the problem?

I am pretty much happy with the smoothness I get, the ND definitely worked but then I get this annoying flickering effect which ruins all my shots.
My default settings: 2.7K , 30fps, Color Profile: None, 0,0,0.

Yes, almost always I'm running an ND8 or ND16 by TACO. Lately, I have been trying manual settings:
White Balance: Sunny
Focus: set once to infinity and then turn to manual to leave it like that
Exposure : Sometimes start with auto and then use the lock button at a pretty much good shutter (60-150 depending on the angle)
Or sometimes, I go with full manual settings and select ISO and Shutter appropriately. (To be honest, I can't always follow the rule (2x the frame rate =60) there are occasions that I get an overexposed image(even with ND16, ISO:100, Shutter:60) so I go for a little higher speed up to 150 to compensate). Do you think that could be the problem?

I am pretty much happy with the smoothness I get, the ND definitely worked but then I get this annoying flickering effect which ruins all my shots.
My default settings: 2.7K , 30fps, Color Profile: None, 0,0,0.
Thanks for the details....I don't see anything screaming at me that says you have anything set incorrectly. Are you seeing this in the raw footage or after post processing?

I hear ya...

I did my first firmware update (.400 to .500) using my phone and it took a long time... there was also a part during that stage where it stayed at a percentage without moving for quite a while... I was impatient and was wondering whether the update had hung or just taking its bloody sweet time...

so after that I tried the DJI assistant 2 and it works faster for me... better for my nerves too.. haha..

Anyway, Glad I can help... Good luck in your update..

Well, it was only because of this ****** DJI GO 4 app that I couldn't upgrade.
I saw the upgrade to GO 4.0.6 today, so I updated it.
As soon as it was updated, I could upgrade the firmware (.006) of the Mavic. With no issue at all.
It's only that shiity DJI GO 4 c 4.0.5 that was the culprit.

So, now, at least, I'm up to date on my Shield under Nougat, with DJI GO 4 (4.0.6) and the .006 firmware: everything should be okay for the flights I hope I'll be able to have tomorrow (if weather permits).

Not easy is the life of the dronist I must say! :)

What helps me is to always go straight up to 30 feet when you takeoff. Stay there for a few seconds and allow the Mavic to get a solid image of the takeoff point below. When I do this it always returns to my landing pad.
I do the very same thing. Has always worked for me

Try using your computer to update the firmware...

Get the DJI assistant 2 from the website and update from there..
I find updating through the computer faster and as of yet after two updates, hassle and problem free... A straight shot to the 100% mark.

good luck
I did the update on iMac with Assistant 2 and it was flawless

Same here. Did the upgrades last night on Windows 10 with the Assistant - super easy and worked perfectly. Flies fine after too.

I do the very same thing. Has always worked for me

So you mean you go up 30 feet and set your Home Return Button from there?
Or did I understand wrong here?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78