DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

new firmware

perhaps it'll get less "High Wind" message in hovering
I will do the FW update this evening and this is the main thing I want to see because I get "the High wind" message even when there is no much wind sometimes

When you say to your Mavic on its return "it surely wasn't that windy up there, all those alerts?"

Does it simply reply, "You weren't there, man."

Updated from .500 to .550 with DJI Assistant 1.1-2 on Windows 10. Results:

My beautiful steady hover is back!

There's a thing where the barometer reports a foot or two off the actual height as registered by the bottom cameras, but I can vouch for the sensors' accuracy this time - I flew it Opti mode in a middling-to-darker-than-I'd-like basement as a test. (Since weather seems hostile outside.)

Mavic will drift a foot up, or less than a foot down, when the barometer and cameras disagree, but it'll settle in place after that.

Its side-to-side drift can now be expressed in inches- one, maybe two inches, to be exact. (I used a tape measure; .500 made me paranoid about stability.)

Had to re-enable multiple flight modes, precision landing, and low battery threshold (25% is my preference- often you just need a couple percent extra to come down and land before the worst beeping in the world assaults you mid-landing).

Startup noise is still inconsistent.
Litchi's extra modes don't seem to be fixed yet, but that's fine for me: Waypoint & FPV are 95% of my Litchi usage anyway- the UI is just quicker to use than DJI's, for me.

That's my report on as much as I could think of, for anyone who might want to ask any of it.
Update took about 15 minutes, maybe a bit more. Fan stayed on for all of it but the final restart.

One final thing: Auto-land still doesn't want to cancel. I flew it over a table, it decided I was landing it since I was too close, and I moved it quickly away from the table. It kept descending until it landed, and no amount of pushing up on the left stick would convince it otherwise.

Now that's everything. Promised.

Last edited:
Did 550 fix the horrible video and RC link that 500 introduced? I had video break ups and disconnects and RC disconnects over short distances with 500 and had to downgrade to 400. I read on the DJI forums where many others had these problems with 500.

The Mavic what I can see is pretty stable anyway.....and if the firmware update says that it will be more stable in hover then that can't be a bad thing. This is only a firmware upgrade. The app has not been upgraded yet so you might continue to see the warning messages.

Update was quick and easy over wifi. Took about ten miutes total.
Went out for a flight, no issues. RTH seems tighter to me. Bird landed within two inches of takeoff. Ran it around in sport mode a bit. Fun!
Hover seemed to be solid. Winds only about 2 mph this afternoon, which may have helped.

2 main questions:

Does it fix .500s video signal at distance issue?

AND

Is the ability to downgrade back to .400 still available?

They launch on the first Wednesday after a full moon, unless a high tide is due, then it is the following Tuesday. The caveat being that if the bearded man appears from his hut release will be delayed by one day....and I don't even know what I'm talking about.
Well that makes you one well qualified DJI tech support person. Start manning the phones as soon as you can!!!

2 main questions:

Does it fix .500s video signal at distance issue?

AND

Is the ability to downgrade back to .400 still available?

You can still downgrade to .400, as of now.

I wouldn't know about the signal yet, because I only *wish* my basement was big enough for such a flight.
Looking forward to finding out from someone free of rain, though.

You can still downgrade to .400, as of now.

I wouldn't know about the signal yet, because I only *wish* my basement was big enough for such a flight.
Looking forward to finding out from someone free of rain, though.

Well if .400 is still available and the winds permit, I'll test it out this weekend as I've got 5 miles of open space to fly over. Yes, GASP, I'll break the VLOS rule for science!

Reactions: No1much
I just updated firmware - no issues. I just did it through the GO app and over Wifi.

My big question is: Did this firmware update fix the Downward Sonar sensors issue, where it might try to land if you get too low to water? Or will it try to Auto-Land by itself, without me being able to stop it?

What's the overall verdict for the SAFEST flying setting? VSP ON or OFF? (for outdoors - I don't care as much about indoors.)

I DO fly over lakes often and I don't want to take any chances.

Does anyone know if this firmware update affects the batteries?

i.e. - do we need to update each battery now?

I hit 18k ft distance with 500. Anyone try a distance run with 550?

I just updated firmware - no issues. I just did it through the GO app and over Wifi.

My big question is: Did this firmware update fix the Downward Sonar sensors issue, where it might try to land if you get too low to water? Or will it try to Auto-Land by itself, without me being able to stop it?

What's the overall verdict for the SAFEST flying setting? VSP ON or OFF? (for outdoors - I don't care as much about indoors.)

I DO fly over lakes often and I don't want to take any chances.

Multiple people said the auto landing abort is still broken. Looks like i will be on .400 for a little longer.

Reactions: Peel
Multiple people said the auto landing abort is still broken. Looks like i will be on .400 for a little longer.

Use the sport mode switch to switch to the other (of whatever mode you're in). That will abort auto landing. For me it does at least. (.550 FW)

Reactions: Jaysjob
Is there a consensus that this update does NOT fix the catastrophic issues with Litchi under Android's DJI Go 4? I was just going to download Litchi but am holding off until this is confirmed...

Is there a consensus that this update does NOT fix the catastrophic issues with Litchi under Android's DJI Go 4? I was just going to download Litchi but am holding off until this is confirmed...
I dont know what you mean by catastrophic issues with Litchi. As far as I know there were no issues with Litchi Waypoint Mode or for that matter Autopilots equivalent, so long as you set signal loss action to continue mission. I have used Litchi Wapypoint mode a few times with .500 firmware and it works fine. It is the Litchi flight modes like Track and Focus and FPV with Goggle that are effected. If you just want to Fly Litchi WPT missions you still can.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23