DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

new firmware

Firmware update just failed twice. Reason: network disconnection. I'm a bit wary to update it now.

Looking forward for your report.

Have you tried with wi-fi or DJI Assistant 2?
Wi-Fi. The last update I did worked flawlessly over Wi-Fi. Maybe it's because my battery isn't fully charged only 55%

Wi-Fi. The last update I did worked flawlessly over Wi-Fi.
Worked fine for me too but is kinda unpredictable, and it didn't work to downgrade. Not at all.
Now I'll do upgrades (and hopefully no more downgrades) only with Assistant 2.

updated no problems with that. mmm wonder if i can fit in thirty minutes in the park. fun flight see if i notice much.

guys update and tested it !!
everything was fine and smooth ! i tried different smart flight mode included sport!! Everything just GREAT ! it did seem to hover better..
just very happy that everything is improving :)
I did try RTH .. first time ever over the remote control ( always done through the app)
and also via smartphone.. both times it was perfect in the spot !

P.s. yes all the settings where reset so CHECK them all before going for your flight!

[Edit]
updated via dji assistant on PC it took 10 minutes and all was straight without any error !

Last edited:
Updated mine through the app and WiFi and worked just fine....

Firmware update just failed twice. Reason: network disconnection. I'm a bit wary to update it now.
Hi all, brand new to the forum, but I'm having the same issue. I keep getting to 1% and then it craps out and says it couldn't update because of a network disconnection. I've tried WiFi, and then tried data as I have heaps of it to spare, but in both cases it crapped out before it reached 5%.

Any ideas as to why this is? I'm on Nexus 5X using the DJI Go 4 app.

Cheers!

Updated mine this morning.
One of the settings was changed, either Yaw or Gimple pitch?

Quick trial in the garden to test controls, then flew it out over the sea for some video and stills!

All seems to work just fine.

Updated through the app, and mistakenly turned off the phones wifi half way through!
It all carried on updating smoothly, despite my ineptitude....

Can anybody do a distance test and see if video to phone gets choppy and loses signal easy as it was in .500

Reactions: WIMMPYIII
Hi all, brand new to the forum, but I'm having the same issue. I keep getting to 1% and then it craps out and says it couldn't update because of a network disconnection. I've tried WiFi, and then tried data as I have heaps of it to spare, but in both cases it crapped out before it reached 5%.

Cheers!
Just got mine to update. I moved to the room where I have my Wi-Fi router and then it worked perfectly. For some reason my settings did not reset?

Cheers!

Try using a longer USB cable to keep your phone further from the RC, does your router have duel wifi? If so try to connect to the 5.8ghz section.

Otherwise download Assistant 2 and update via that on your PC or Mac, you will need to do both the craft and the RC.

yep just taken mi e out and it seemed more wind stable, maybe that is just my perception sport mode was cool a lot if fun as always. i did RTH twice from 600 meters and 800 meters and it was spot on both times, i did keep landing check off. i did not get a chance to see if autoland abort has been changed back.

i had no connection or feed issues but every setting was reset

except the expo and gains etc

almost everything else should be checked.

i played with the cinematic settings and they feel smoother but really do hack into your stopping distances

POI and active track worked well (following a bike i might add)

but nothing strange happened at all

it just did what it always does for me.

i guess soon we will find out when its tested more , exactly what has been changed

Reactions: mlaczek and mamayda
I look forward to flying mine this weekend. It has a wobbly hover that suits it not at all, on .500- there may be storms and 40+ mph winds where I live, but even if it can't fly outside for a few days, who in the world wants to own a drunken Mavic?

Question for anybody whose Mavic hovers better now than it did in .400: Did you update it with Go, or with Assistant? I want to do it exactly the same way, lest something that shouldn't even affect anything manage to mess something up.

Reactions: M daniels

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin