DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

new firmware

Try using a longer USB cable to keep your phone further from the RC, does your router have duel wifi? If so try to connect to the 5.8ghz section.

Otherwise download Assistant 2 and update via that on your PC or Mac, you will need to do both the craft and the RC.
Ah! I was on the 2.4GHz channel for some reason. I switched over to 5GHz and it went without a problem. It's updating now :)

Thanks for the help!

Mine updated on the app and through my wireless carrier haven't tested it as it's raining out

Updated mine via DJI Assistant 2 (both controller and drone) and then plugged in my other two batteries - neither notified of a firmware mismatch, and all were flown without issue.

I tried a forced landing (down-throttle at under 0.5m) and pushing full-throttle up again didn't cancel it.

Just updated via wifi. Smooth download, no issues. However, for some reason, whenever I attempt to do this at home, (for previous updates) my wifi continually disconnects unless I am next to the wifi router. does the controller cause interference?

Just updated via wifi. Smooth download, no issues. However, for some reason, whenever I attempt to do this at home, (for previous updates) my wifi continually disconnects unless I am next to the wifi router. does the controller cause interference?

Yes absolutely especially if your on 2.4ghz, best option is to connect to 5.8ghz if you have it or use a long USB cable to keep the rc from the phone.

Can anyone confirm if this is working with Litchi now? I've been holding off from purchasing the software, but I want to make sure it is working properly before I purchase it and test it.

Mike

Hi Mavic community,
Please forgive me if this is in the wrong thread.
I received my new Mavic just a few days ago, and it has not flown yet. I updated the firmware when I got it, and repeated (refreshed) for my 2 spare batteries. Due to possible interference between all the stuff on my table I found the most reliable method to be my laptop with wired internet connection and Assistant 2. Now when I update to the latest firmware of today with the same method, should I refresh for the two spare batteries, or is the battery firmware contained in what has already been installed in the Mavic and/or transmitter?
Thanks,
Helge.

Can anyone confirm if this is working with Litchi now? I've been holding off from purchasing the software, but I want to make sure it is working properly before I purchase it and test it.

Mike
No, the update 550 does not solve this issue.

Reactions: Jaysjob
Thanks for the reply. Soooo what exactly is new or has been improved in this update?

What are you thoughts.... Those that have done the update and flown the MP. Is it recommended to update if we are using the DJI GO4 ?

I'm going to hold off for now on the Litchi purchase until an update comes out that fixes this issue whether it is from DJI Firmware or Litchi itself.

Mike

Hi Mavic community,
Please forgive me if this is in the wrong thread.
I received my new Mavic just a few days ago, and it has not flown yet. I updated the firmware when I got it, and repeated (refreshed) for my 2 spare batteries. Due to possible interference between all the stuff on my table I found the most reliable method to be my laptop with wired internet connection and Assistant 2. Now when I update to the latest firmware of today with the same method, should I refresh for the two spare batteries, or is the battery firmware contained in what has already been installed in the Mavic and/or transmitter?
Thanks,
Helge.

HWal this should address your question.

Updating firmware on charging hub and batteries?

Reactions: Airweek
I saw that part, I guess I'm looking for a more elaborate answer.... What DJI has listed is a very general note of what changes have taken.... What exactly has been improved in the RTH? What changes have been made to make the hovering better? Have you (those that have tested it) notice any improvements and how?

Reactions: djl61 and Dmbrody
I saw that part, I guess I'm looking for a more elaborate answer.... What DJI has listed is a very general note of what changes have taken.... What exactly has been improved in the RTH? What changes have been made to make the hovering better? Have you (those that have tested it) notice any improvements and how?
Upgraded the firmware via lan and laptop, probably took less than 10 minutes.
Been out for a quick test. With very light wind I didn't feel that hovering was any better than with .500, especially altitude. It seemed to drift downwards and didn't recover and horizontal hold not as good. I don't know about RTH as I've never used it and I've never experienced the auto land bug.

Updated via WiFi , no problems , flew 5 minutes with wifi (i forgot the RC at home ... ) no problems there too.

Optimised RTH probably refers to OA being turned on by default for RTH.
This could easily be confirmed in the flight logs as it always logs a warning that says "OA will be disabled in Landing" just before landing.

No, the update 550 does not solve this issue.
Litchi is probably only looking at the firmware version to decide if it will work with the bugged flight mode. DJI could have very well fixed the issue in the Mavic firmware and Litchi just needs to push an app update before it will work.

Reactions: Jaysjob
Do DJI release F/W updates on a pattern? Such as 1/ month, or always on Wednesdays?

They launch on the first Wednesday after a full moon, unless a high tide is due, then it is the following Tuesday. The caveat being that if the bearded man appears from his hut release will be delayed by one day....and I don't even know what I'm talking about.

perhaps it'll get less "High Wind" message in hovering
I will do the FW update this evening and this is the main thing I want to see because I get "the High wind" message even when there is no much wind sometimes

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin