DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Member from the hills of Central Arizona

Ron Caballero CAP

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Verde Valley, AZ and Hampshire County, WV
Name is Ron. My AZ home, where I am now, is in Lake Montezuma not too far from Sedona. I am an officer with the Civil Air Patrol involved in Search and Rescue and photographing disaster areas from small Cessna aircraft. CAP is starting to do that with drone and I want to be part of that. CAP has its own drones, which I will learn to fly. However, to get practice (and take photos of an map my environs here) I purchased a Mavic Air. I came to this forum because I am having trouble linking the Air to the controller and actually start flying.
***My EMail address is [email protected]. I will greatly appreciate being contacted by anyone, within 50 miles or so, who in an experienced drone pilot...especially one who is familiar with the Mavic Air.

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.
Sounds like a cool job. The answer my be in the full online only 60 page DJI manual for your drone. Get it and other useful stuff here:

BTW what are the CAP drone brands used?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.
Sounds like a cool job. The answer my be in the full online only 60 page DJI manual for your drone. Get it and other useful stuff here:

BTW what are the CAP drone brands used?

I will get a list for you. I do know that they use many of the DJI drones...perhaps others. Apart from that, CAP also uses the E384 fixed-wing when large areas need to be photographed.

As far as the Mavic Air User guide goes, I have been reading it. In addition, I have viewed a number of training videos. The most frustrating video was the one that taught me how to link the Mavic Air directly to the controller. I followed the directions THREE times, but it never linked. What I would like to do is talk to someone who can guide me through the process.

I will get a list for you. I do know that they use many of the DJI drones...perhaps others. Apart from that, CAP also uses the E384 fixed-wing when large areas need to be photographed.

As far as the Mavic Air User guide goes, I have been reading it. In addition, I have viewed a number of training videos. The most frustrating video was the one that taught me how to link the Mavic Air directly to the controller. I followed the directions THREE times, but it never linked. What I would like to do is talk to someone who can guide me through the process.
Sure, what questions do you have? Maybe I can help? There are plenty of Mavic Air owners here that are willing to do the same! How can We help you?;)

P.S. I also tried to link the two using DJI GO 4. The problem there was that the software seemed to be looking for a different drone. At least, there was a photo of a Mavic 2. When I get to the fourth screen, the "Link with the aircraft' icon at the bottom stays grayed out. I tried this four times.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum. I also fly a MA and have enjoyed many flights. You will find all sorts of support and suggestions. Enjoy your flying. We look forward to seeing your part of the world

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverbobomalem