DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Spektrum RID module released

This will permit you to move the module from one non-Standard Remote ID drone to another so long as each of the drones make/model are listed within the same inventory.
That only applies to Recreational Flyers, where one registration is valid for all drones registered under that account.

I do not have any knowledge on the subject, but if you wired a USB-C cable up, could you tap into the drones on-board battery? Or is there circuitry on board the drone that prevents two way electric flow?
Probably not. The USB port on a Mavic is a downstream port so that it can be charged, files can be transferred, and firmware can be updated. Your PC as the host is the upstream link on the USB bus. Only the upstream link can provide power. That's part of the USB spec.

Also, even if the Mavic could provide power to an RID device, is that something you would want to do? While the power drain would be substantially less than what is needed to drive the motors, you wouldn't want to draw down the Mavic battery any more than you need to.

I see your location is Albany, NY, I was Albany High School, Class of '69 (the old high school...).

I see your location is Albany, NY, I was Albany High School, Class of '69 (the old high school...).
I was Shen', Class of 80. I just happen to live in the suburbs of Albany...

Reactions: LoudThunder
I just happen to live in the suburbs of Albany...
What is "Shen"? Google defines it as a Chinese religion and I do not think that is what you mean…

Actually, I lived in Guilderland, just outside Albany, out Western Ave… But due to a "family situation, I had to attend a lot of Albany schools including AHS or pay the tuition to Guilderland schools… So I attended most schools in Albany.

I also attended School 16 (now Pine Hills Elementary School…), Westmere Elementary School (still Westmere Elementary School in GUilderland), then School 19 (now New Scotland Elementary School), then Hackett Junior High (now William S. Hackett Middle School), then finally AHS (now the Schuyler Building).

After high school, I joined the Air Force and served for over 30-years. After I retired, the wife (AHS Class of '70…) and I went "back home…" but after 30-years, it wasn't home anymore… Since I had three assignments to Langley AFB in Virginia, for over 13-years, we settled here…

And as Paul Harvey would say, "Now you know the rest of the story."

What is "Shen"? Google defines it as a Chinese religion and I do not think that is what you mean…

Actually, I lived in Guilderland, just outside Albany, out Western Ave… But due to a "family situation, I had to attend a lot of Albany schools including AHS or pay the tuition to Guilderland schools… So I attended most schools in Albany.

I also attended School 16 (now Pine Hills Elementary School…), Westmere Elementary School (still Westmere Elementary School in GUilderland), then School 19 (now New Scotland Elementary School), then Hackett Junior High (now William S. Hackett Middle School), then finally AHS (now the Schuyler Building).

After high school, I joined the Air Force and served for over 30-years. After I retired, the wife (AHS Class of '70…) and I went "back home…" but after 30-years, it wasn't home anymore… Since I had three assignments to Langley AFB in Virginia, for over 13-years, we settled here…

And as Paul Harvey would say, "Now you know the rest of the story."
Shenendehowa. Grew up in Clifton Park but have lived in Bethlehem since '96.

Looks like a nice unit similar to DroneTag. I bought a BS model when they were on sale for les than this- it’s a bare board - but it works very well. I added a small Lipo to power it, and having a 3D printer I can make my own case. These little units work very well, and users should be happy with either brand.

One thing to note about the Spektrum - Their ad has an omission- per FAA- (EDIT: for 107 Registrants) you are not supposed to transfer the same unit between UAS models once you register it, so users would need to buy more than one if they fly different models.
Correct about 107 registered drones, all others can move the PID device between drones

Watch the recently released video from Pilot Institute. Good comparison/reviews of all currently available RID modules with pricing and range tests as well.
YOU HAVE THE LINK TO THIS?

Spektrum rid modules are now being shipped via Horizonhobbies.
I received a ship notification yesterday. Will be interesting to see it in action. Ordered when they were at the 70.00 mark.

• Wow
We have mounts for several types HolyStone and DB120 as well as generic type. I will have to get one of these also and check out. I have been using the DB120 and Holystone on my Matrice series drones.

Attachments

• 20240109_140826.jpg
    20240109_140826.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • 20240109_140238.jpg
    20240109_140238.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
We have mounts for several types HolyStone and DB120 as well as generic type. I will have to get one of these also and check out. I have been using the DB120 and Holystone on my Matrice series drones.
If you would like, I could send this one so you can print a clip. I’m not in a hurry to mount the bugger!
Or I can provide dimensions.

Sure if you can spare it for a week. Should not take long and I will send you mount and adaptor. Just let me know what drone you will be using.

Thanks

Paul Bergetz
alienconcepts inc
963 Interloch Ct
Algonquin IL 60102
708-370-2928

Sure if you can spare it for a week. Should not take long and I will send you mount and adaptor. Just let me know what drone you will be using.

Thanks

Paul Bergetz
alienconcepts inc
963 Interloch Ct
Algonquin IL 60102
708-370-2928

I’ll let you know when it gets here.

Arrived. I’ll get this out on Monday. Horizon says there are a lot going out.IMG_4859.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Arrived. I’ll get this out on Monday.
Why do you need any special mount? If you are flying under your Part 107, you cannot swap the RID module with your other drones and if you are flying as a Rec Pilot, mount it with sticky back Velcro.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas