DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

You can view the tachometer in P mode by simply having the controller switched to sport mode BEFORE turning it on. This way you see tach in P mode.

thank you for sharing this!!

The autolanding mode sucks as you are limited to 28mph and have to fight descending with elevator.
I heard someone else say auto landing was limited at 20mph .. I haven't experienced it in a flight yet. Can you confirm its actually 28mph??

wow. mad respect CyberNate.

I'm impressed on a few fronts .. the signal in that area is amazing. I've been there, its dense and ALOT of wifi and devices! I'm not sure if you are on a hill or not, but in an area like that, that's just phenomenal. Second, who the **** turns at 48% when they are 41k away (especially when they got goggles coming!)? Well, CyberNate does that's who! And, you landed at 14%, meaning it wasn't just a guess but rather you know the wind and the speed the bird will fly and were confident to go down that low. Nice flight!!

Thanks! Yeah, I'm elevated at about 200 feet above sea level. So by the time I got to the bay I was at a bit of altitude. It's not a hill, but gradual. Now it's your turn to break that. I'm sure you will. You have the battery and I have the signal. I ordered some LiHV batteries last night. Have dual 4000 and 3000's coming.

Reactions: digdat0

I heard someone else say auto landing was limited at 20mph .. I haven't experienced it in a flight yet. Can you confirm its actually 28mph??

Yes, I hit auto land frequently. It's 28 mph provided that obstacle avoidance is off.

Also, be careful with altitude. Auto land starts earlier, like 16% battery if you're too high. It seems to be variable based on your altitude.

I've ran my mavic to 0% five or six times on long runs in all different wind conditions the max speed is 21 - 22 miles an hour in GPS mode.

I've ran my mavic to 0% five or six times on long runs in all different wind conditions the max speed is 21 - 22 miles an hour in GPS mode.

I must have a special Mavic then, or perhaps I was in sports mode? Let me find the flight data and post my last auto land flight speed.

I must have a special Mavic then, or perhaps I was in sports mode? Let me find the flight data and post my last auto land flight speed.
Could be firmware related too. My magic is newer than yours I'm sure. In my experience DJI tends to take things away from you with firmware updates.

Nate I totally believe you. I'm just going off what I've experienced in normal GPS Mode. That's awesome if your running near 30 mph in landing mode. By the way congratulations on the world record bro!! Turning at 48% sounds like you are just as crazy as me. Awesome stuff dude!!!

Ok, here you go. 28 mph in auto landing:

View attachment 13184

Latest firmware. I've always had 28 mph top speed in auto landing mode.
Ok, here you go. 28 mph in auto landing:

View attachment 13184

Latest firmware. I've always had 28 mph top speed in auto landing mode.[/QUOTE

Screenshots of three different flights on I don't know bro that's kind of weird check this out two different Mavics. In landing mode. Maxx speed on my birds was only 22 miles an hour. Could it be that you were in sport mode?

Attachments

• IMG_0290.PNG
    IMG_0290.PNG
    4 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0292.PNG
    IMG_0292.PNG
    5.3 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0291.PNG
    IMG_0291.PNG
    4 MB · Views: 44
Got some bad news ...Tried the same setup like
No I don't run with any sensors on. Kind of strange isn't it.
Not strange,as i also not using any,but this could explain the slower speed....but my bad... you mentioned before your speed in GPS Mode...so i should hâve known it...sorry

Attachments

• 18492241_10211570830400045_899351523_n.jpg
    18492241_10211570830400045_899351523_n.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: Unknown Caller
Got some bad news ...Tried the same setup like

Not strange,as i also not using any,but this could explain the slower speed....but my bad... you mentioned before your speed in GPS Mode...so i should hâve known it...sorry
That's cool bro. I think next time I'll try sport mode see if that is the difference. Other than that I don't see why my Mavic would be slower then everyone else's.

Reactions: digdat0 and in10s

One thing to keep in mind, I run heavy external batteries. It could be that auto landing restricts the pitch. With a heavier craft, you would fly faster with the same pitch in order to maintain altitude. I don't remember the behavior without external batteries.

18596612_10211615670201012_973891131_o.png Got some bad news ...Tried the same setup like DigDat0 with double Multistar 3000 mah LiHv ... and it was my first ever double battery flight...so very excited.. was flying and flying ...and happy my total percentage of the Mavic didn,t get lower then 99% :p... yes, stupid beginner mistake ... so as i was at 45000 feet,i thought..may better to turn...as i knew Digdat was landing at 20% after 40 k ...on the way back after like another 10 k feet ,got a warming...low battery...landing... total surprised and shocked was checking the terrain to find a good landing place...and still hoping to make it back to Switzerland ... but there was thiis big river just in front...anyway.. few feets more got a motor problem warning and i see a fast movement of the copter.. and later in the logs,that the bird went down with like 30-40miles per second....then i lost the contact like still 300-500 + feet above the Cornfield... so to be honest...no plan what happend ... the first 25 k feet on this route are well known terrain for me,since i did alot of Stock flights with P3 and Inspire there,but this region i just know from 3 flights before.. 1 with mavic 2 days before on 35 k feet...and 2 with P3 about the same... sooooooooooooo.. Took my car and went there....with 4 Copters in my car over the boarder of germany...to find my mavic...this time didn,t really know ,if he just was landing or falling..ok..still not 100% sure...but ptretty much...and as i arrived to search him with the find my drone app in go 4...but as i mentioned..it was still flying as i lost it.....and...it was in a 6 feet high cornfield....the farmer where close with is Tractor...some people jogging...so decided to fly with my P3 and P4 to make videos from above...but very hard to see on the IPad...after like 4 hours searching,as it got dark...went home and try to analyse with DigDat(thanks for your help mate) what could have been happen...still in shame to ignore that never going down battery level...and to check the videos...but i was flying to much North, i guess... the downloaded KLM file from healthy drones showed the direction anf hight ,when i lost it... so i liked to go take a move today with the help of my girlfriend,but...raining all day ...there is a saying in switzerland...1 bad thing never comes allone :)...even the day started nice,as i got a Phantom 4 Pro from my Reseller,for a bird i lost in the sea of Thailand after a 6 Miles Stock flight...anyway....Just to be more sure what happend,i,d like to find it...i think more then the Sd Card and Powerclip will be anyway trash :p... just wanted to let you know...and may we find out together .... and sorry for my english ..it is not my native language ..

Last edited:
One thing to keep in mind, I run heavy external batteries. It could be that auto landing restricts the pitch. With a heavier craft, you would fly faster with the same pitch in order to maintain altitude. I don't remember the behavior without external batteries.
Yeah that would make total sense.

View attachment 13190 Got some bad news ...Tried the same setup like DigDat0 with double Multistar 3000 mah LiHv ... and it was my first ever double battery flight...so very excited.. was flying and flying ...and happy my total percentage of the Mavic did,t get lower then 99% :p... yes, stupid beginner mistake ... so as i was at 45000 feet,i thought..may better to turn...as i knew Digdat was landing at 20% after 40 k ...on the way back after like another 10 k feet ,got a warming...low battery...landing... total surprised and shocked was checking the terrain to find a good landing place...and still hoping to make it back to Switzerland ... but there was thiis big river just in front...anyway.. few feets more got a motor problem warning and i see a fast movement of the copter.. and later in the logs,that the bird went down with like 30-40miles per second....then i lost the contact like still 300-500 + feet above the Cornfield... so to be honest...no plan what happend ... the first 25 k feet on this route are well known terrain for me,since i did alot of Stock flights with P3 and Inspire there,but this region i just know from 3 flights before.. 1 with mavic 2 days before on 35 k feet...and 2 with P3 about the same... sooooooooooooo.. Took my car and went there....with 4 Copters in my car over the boarder of germany...to find my mavic...this time didn,t really know ,if he just was landing or falling..ok..still not 100% sure...but ptretty much...and as i arrive to could search him with the find my drone app in go 4...but as i mentioned..it was still flying as i lost it.....and...it was in a 6 feet high cornfield....the farmer where close with is Tractor...some people jogging...so decided to fly with my P3 and P4 to make videos from above...but very hard to see on the IPad...after like 4 hours searching,as it got dark...went home and try to analyse with DigDat(thanks for your help mate) what could have been happen...still in shame to ignore that never going down battery level...and to check the videos...but i was flying to much North, i guess... the downloaded KLM file from health drones showed the direction anf hight ,when i lost it... so i liked to go take a move today with the help of my girlfriend,but...raining all day ...there is a saying in switzerland...1 bad thing never comes allone :)...even the day started nice,as i got a Phantom 4 Pro from my Reseller,for a bird i lost in the sea of Thailand after a 6 Miles Stock flight...anyway....Just to be more sure what happend,i,d like to find it...i think more then the Sd Card and Powerclip will be anyway trash :p... just wanted to let you know...and may we find out together .... and sorry for my english ..it is not my native language ..

This is exactly how I lost my first Mavic! The main battery turned off. You need to turn around immediately if the battery percentage gets stuck. It means the main battery is off. You were flying on external batteries only with no statistical information.

This the problem with Lihv. The cell voltage should not be higher than the stock when you take off. Your main battery was off when you took off,b which is why meter showed 99%. You should have landed and checked it. I made the same mistake as you and ignored the stuck meter.

Last edited:
Reactions: digdat0 and in10s
This is exactly how I lost my first Mavic! The main battery turned off. You need to turn around immediately if the battery percentage gets stuck. It means the main battery is off. You were flying on external batteries only with no statistical information.

This the problem with Lihv. The cell voltage should not be higher than the stock when you take off. Your main battery was off when you took off,b which is why meter showed 99%. You should have landed and checked it. I made the same mistake as you and ignored the stuck meter.
Thanks for that important Info CyberNate ...I knew about this problem about the LiHv,that it will turn of the main...and happend alot to me,but i got a battery error very fast,that i couldn,t even start..or early inflight,max like half a mile out ...but good info,that this is also the case for no lowering percentage of the main... and as i mentioned...was a mistake risk so much .. so it just run out of juice then ... what makes sense ...just wondering,why there was a motor error ...ok...may also just coz of missing juice ... [ .... one good news for me...my Rc can make it to 45 K feet ... lets think positive and sticks forward :)

Last edited:
View attachment 13190 Got some bad news ...Tried the same setup like DigDat0 with double Multistar 3000 mah LiHv ... and it was my first ever double battery flight...so very excited.. was flying and flying ...and happy my total percentage of the Mavic didn,t get lower then 99% :p... yes, stupid beginner mistake ... so as i was at 45000 feet,i thought..may better to turn...as i knew Digdat was landing at 20% after 40 k ...on the way back after like another 10 k feet ,got a warming...low battery...landing... total surprised and shocked was checking the terrain to find a good landing place...and still hoping to make it back to Switzerland ... but there was thiis big river just in front...anyway.. few feets more got a motor problem warning and i see a fast movement of the copter.. and later in the logs,that the bird went down with like 30-40miles per second....then i lost the contact like still 300-500 + feet above the Cornfield... so to be honest...no plan what happend ... the first 25 k feet on this route are well known terrain for me,since i did alot of Stock flights with P3 and Inspire there,but this region i just know from 3 flights before.. 1 with mavic 2 days before on 35 k feet...and 2 with P3 about the same... sooooooooooooo.. Took my car and went there....with 4 Copters in my car over the boarder of germany...to find my mavic...this time didn,t really know ,if he just was landing or falling..ok..still not 100% sure...but ptretty much...and as i arrived to search him with the find my drone app in go 4...but as i mentioned..it was still flying as i lost it.....and...it was in a 6 feet high cornfield....the farmer where close with is Tractor...some people jogging...so decided to fly with my P3 and P4 to make videos from above...but very hard to see on the IPad...after like 4 hours searching,as it got dark...went home and try to analyse with DigDat(thanks for your help mate) what could have been happen...still in shame to ignore that never going down battery level...and to check the videos...but i was flying to much North, i guess... the downloaded KLM file from healthy drones showed the direction anf hight ,when i lost it... so i liked to go take a move today with the help of my girlfriend,but...raining all day ...there is a saying in switzerland...1 bad thing never comes allone :)...even the day started nice,as i got a Phantom 4 Pro from my Reseller,for a bird i lost in the sea of Thailand after a 6 Miles Stock flight...anyway....Just to be more sure what happend,i,d like to find it...i think more then the Sd Card and Powerclip will be anyway trash :p... just wanted to let you know...and may we find out together .... and sorry for my english ..it is not my native language ..
hey that sucks man, but thanks for sharing. Its a good story though . .I'm hopeful that you find it on an adventure! Ya never know ..

Reactions: in10s
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111