DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

I guess I'll put mine up, don't know which is better, if at all! (distance away from home) or (total ft flown)?

Both flights same setup, boasted rx/tx ant. Mod with cheap Chinese omni directional +6db antennas, dual venom 2200mah batteries!

Until I work out my own version of the NanoSync / fplrv antenna I'll stick with these cheap china or take the 1's off my router antenna.

e07a037d10ffb676071f8ef33ea1ccba.jpg

8aa368adbc3f46e2fcb3db90c431074e.jpg
their had proven that some of them CCP (cheap Chinese Panel ) work great just need to tweak them a little. If you look at the picture of Dirtybum's battery in the back ground is a set of CCP's.

Reactions: Natedoggz
So basically this "leaderboard" is B.S to stock owners.
It's just to see how far you can take the drone be for it turns into a ball of fire going down. Some people have a hard time getting regular numbers in their area with out some type of help either antenna's or amps. This list is of people that are getting great numbers and helping others with what they have learned. It would be hard to setup a leaderboard for each different setup. And it's all on how trustful the pilot is on what he is running.
The whole thing is to have funny and yes a lot of Bragging rights. As I said most of the pilots are more then willing to help another pilot out if he is having problems with distance.
Post your best or worse ( I've done both on the Phantom forum).
Just kick back and enjoy.

No, there are stock entries on the list. Everyone lists their mods. There's a 27,000 ft run completely stock which is amazing. There's also a couple that only have battery mod with over 40,000. Also amazing for stock radio antennas.

Reactions: Natedoggz and in10s
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones
I'm getting close, think I might have it.
I took apart my CCP antenna apart and I definitely got ripped off, it was a 1"x1" aluminum plate in front of a pcb board with a hint of color the looked like copper or or just over abundance of rosin. I have compared numerous insides of others and I got ripped so it throu those away and sticking to my mono pole for close proximity flying, and pull out this $20.99 2.4ghz dual Polarized vertically/horizontally directional side mount commercial outside antenna, super light just have to figure out a good design to attach to the controller.
b9391a7df8ed4dec0e406aa3faa7e6cc.jpg
bba4115f5d755d47c55bfc2efa6850ba.jpg
2aa726e8d396711afe15f97cc0245d09.jpg
3184bff675a39990365b3c033bdf002d.jpg
Absolutely no signal issues as before -1 bar on HD just didn't have time to really push it, was just a test of connectivity.
their had proven that some of them CCP (cheap Chinese Panel ) work great just need to tweak them a little. If you look at the picture of Dirtybum's battery in the back ground is a set of CCP's.

Reactions: digdat0

You're looking at all wrong Kestrel!
There are still 15 stock entries on the board and they specifically say stock or bat mod so you can see where you stack up!
The truth is, there's only 1/2 a dozen modded flyers currently and that means for now those few will be switching back and forth for the top six positions.
There's still plenty of competition on the stock side! So quit the negativity and get up in the air with the 2 dozen other "stock" flyers and grab yourself a top ten spot which is plenty of bragging rights for the mavic[emoji41]

Those CCP's were just backdrop on the bench. I do not use those on the mavic!
My mavic & controller are stock.
In fact after owning the mavic for a week I haven't flown it.
First, troubles registering, then compass errors,then distorted display! After finally get all that sorted I did a quick very windy lift off,I brought it down with landing button/ hand catch method I always use (well actually most my landings are done in critical land mode)
The mavic decided when I grabbed it that it was not a "suitable place to land"
And nearly cut my finger off. Literally!
So after all that drama I threw that disrespectful bird on the pile of drones and haven't looked at it since![emoji41]

Guys,

I just want the best windsurfer type booster? Some reviews said some made it worse! Had great luck with them on my P3 and P4.

thx

bob

Guys,

I just want the best windsurfer type booster? Some reviews said some made it worse! Had great luck with them on my P3 and P4.

thx

bob

Don't waste your time with the windsurfer extenders. Stock is excellent. If you need more you'll need to mod.

Thanks, So the MP is that much different from the Phantom 3/4?

bob

Yes, the phantom responded well to windsurfer type. Less, if any, improvement for the Mavic. Most cannot tell the difference with extender. I've tried them and didn't see much difference.

Yes, the phantom responded well to windsurfer type. Less, if any, improvement for the Mavic. Most cannot tell the difference with extender. I've tried them and didn't see much difference.
I used a windsurfer on my p3 standard and it improved the range incrediably, I was surprised how much more range I got with it. But the mavic even if it did benefit from it, you wouldn't be able to take advantage of it in my opinion because the stock range is incredible and in my experience id run out of battery before I'd run out of range (in the country).

Reactions: Sew
I'm getting close, think I might have it.
I took apart my CCP antenna apart and I definitely got ripped off, it was a 1"x1" aluminum plate in front of a pcb board with a hint of color the looked like copper or or just over abundance of rosin. I have compared numerous insides of others and I got ripped so it throu those away and sticking to my mono pole for close proximity flying, and pull out this $20.99 2.4ghz dual Polarized vertically/horizontally directional side mount commercial outside antenna, super light just have to figure out a good design to attach to the controller.
b9391a7df8ed4dec0e406aa3faa7e6cc.jpg
bba4115f5d755d47c55bfc2efa6850ba.jpg
2aa726e8d396711afe15f97cc0245d09.jpg
3184bff675a39990365b3c033bdf002d.jpg
Absolutely no signal issues as before -1 bar on HD just didn't have time to really push it, was just a test of connectivity.
I like the chair just get it taller. place it in the bed of a truck....

I used a windsurfer on my p3 standard and it improved the range incrediably, I was surprised how much more range I got with it. But the mavic even if it did benefit from it, you wouldn't be able to take advantage of it in my opinion because the stock range is incredible and in my experience id run out of battery before I'd run out of range (in the country).
Kestrel you are so true about running out of battery before signal. I was getting out to 25500 ft with just a stock everything. I knew I needed more battery.

Don't waste your time with the windsurfer extenders. Stock is excellent. If you need more you'll need to mod.
I'm finding that out if anything it may even be hurting the sign, at lease on the one I got.

I like the chair just get it taller. place it in the bed of a truck....
I love that chair, lol the table comes in handy as well, and I DO put that chair in the back of the pickup bed for a little advantage, (it works), anything to help, also it's nice to have a seat while I'm gripping the life out of my controller on distance runs!

I have an old Isuzu Rodeo that I'll stand on the back bumper to get that extra 2 feet. and yes that does help.
Here is one for you. I had this happen last year

I am fully stock and I think I can claim #4 spot and should be able to get #3 next week now that I know the battery estimates from the Go4 app are VERY conservative. Had I known the #3 spot was 37K I would have done it today. I mean, look at my signal for video and RC, its incredible at this distance in my opinion!

I didn't take a screen shot at the start but flew straight up and forward until I hit near the altitude ceiling of 1640' and went past the battery warning for about 30 seconds. This is where I turned around:
Turnaround.PNG

This is when I landed, so much battery left!:
Home-End.PNG

And this is my flight log:
Flight Log.PNG

If I can have a nice wind free day like I had today, I think I can challenge the #2 spot but it will be close.

In my opinion MODing is fun, I have done it with other hobbies, but if I can get actually get close to the top three leaders who are MOD'ed and maybe even take the #2 spot with my stock equipment then I think the limitation here is not the equipment but rather the environment people are flying it in. I have ZERO radio interference and I am flying up a hill so I get to legally go to the max altitude. Get out and explore!

On another note, I talked with a friend today who is considering buying a Phantom or Mavic, She got into UAV's because her friend is

Have fun out there folks!

I am fully stock and I think I can claim #4 spot and should be able to get #3 next week now that I know the battery estimates from the Go4 app are VERY conservative. Had I known the #3 spot was 37K I would have done it today. I mean, look at my signal for video and RC, its incredible at this distance in my opinion!

I didn't take a screen shot at the start but flew straight up and forward until I hit near the altitude ceiling of 1640' and went past the battery warning for about 30 seconds. This is where I turned around:
View attachment 13376

View attachment 13377

View attachment 13378

If I can have a nice wind free day like I had today, I think I can challenge the #2 spot but it will be close.

In my opinion MODing is fun, I have done it with other hobbies, but if I can get actually get close to the top three leaders who are MOD'ed and maybe even take the #2 spot with my stock equipment then I think the limitation here is not the equipment but rather the environment people are flying it in. I have ZERO radio interference and I am flying up a hill so I get to legally go to the max altitude. Get out and explore!

On another note, I talked with a friend today who is considering buying a Phantom or Mavic, She got into UAV's because her friend is

go for it. I have a battery mod and strapped on 2 1050. ( small). I was out to 34300ft and like a fool I was playing around with the modes and came up short 2800 ft. next time no playing around I'll be there and back. So I can't count this one.

View attachment 13376

View attachment 13377

View attachment 13378

You're not measuring the right way. We are not talking about total distance. We are measuring how far away you fly from the controller. If you're talking about total distance trip, many of us are approaching 85,000ft.

You are approaching 1/2 the distance of the top of the leaderboard.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RYNOGOD