DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

On my long really close flights back It's become second hand to watch my bat% while watching the mileage countdown (like when a doctor listens to yer heartbeats while watching his watch) and it looked like Pheonix was getting good bat conservation on the way back at 36ish mph. At 40 you just watch the bat% eat up.
It would be nice if you could integrate throttle % on Dashware vids
Db there is a throttle gauge in Dashware. I'll play around with it and see how it shows up. I did get a (down and dirty) gauge setup for modes.
The funny thing is I'm redoing that flight that I posted and when I lost signal the data for the mode got corrupt. Your see a bunch number that don't correlate with the chart.

@JakeMaxxUAV 8.002 miles 42,249 feet and back with the Mavic. Stock controller no windsurfer , battery clip mod with a single M.S. 5200 standard lipo. Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Wow! That didn't last long! Nice flight. Can't believe you did that on a single multistar 5200 lipo. If you check the battery you'll see that you only used like 75% of it. Those multistar lipos don't work well with the Mavic. You really flew perfectly to get that distance with that setup. You're the master! You get some lihv's and none of us will have a chance.

Wow! That didn't last long! Nice flight. Can't believe you did that on a single multistar 5200 lipo. If you check the battery you'll see that you only used like 75% of it. Those multistar lipos don't work well with the Mavic. You really flew perfectly to get that distance with that setup. You're the master! You get some lihv's and none of us will have a chance.

0e7885006e65e7c86d104c5bc2ee9d01.jpg

Nice flight Unknown. Very impressed watching these unmodded controllers.
The antenna combinations you and I have tried in the P2 days were bulkier than three Mavic controllers[emoji41]

I'm sure you check your lipo's after flights to see how they matched up with the main battery, most of us do, will you shed some light on to Nate's comment about there only being 25% used. That's not normal with all the other aircraft we've been flying. And if that were actually true then people should be able to take their 2300 single LIHV and get 40,000, and I just don't see that being the case. So very interested to see the follow-up to that question.
Also, yes when you do get LiHV 'a you'll be putting up some very impressive numbers, but we will all "still have a chance"!
The bigger batteries to try to keep up with these longer flights are going to progress months faster in this Mavic threat than they ever did on the P3 range thread, and obviously the breaking point is going to reveal itself in short weeks to come, A few flyers have already seen it happen . It's going to be a fun thread to follow.

Thanks bro but it's mostly luck. I had a light crosswind that benefited me on the return trip got a little bit of a push. I'm sure you guys will break this by sundown. I can't get multi-star high voltage batteries anywhere. I'm just doing the best I can with what I have to work with. I was surprised I got back as fast as I did. I figured it was going to be at least a 30 minute run.

0e7885006e65e7c86d104c5bc2ee9d01.jpg

Nice flight Unknown. Very impressed watching these unmodded controllers.
The antenna combinations you and I have tried in the P2 days were bulkier than three Mavic controllers[emoji41]

I'm sure you check your lipo's after flights to see how they matched up with the main battery, most of us do, will you shed some light on to Nate's comment about there only being 25% used. That's not normal with all the other aircraft we've been flying. And if that were actually true then people should be able to take their 2300 single LIHV and get 40,000, and I just don't see that being the case. So very interested to see the follow-up to that question.
Also, yes when you do get LiHV 'a you'll be putting up some very impressive numbers, but we will all "still have a chance"!
The bigger batteries to try to keep up with these longer flights are going to progress months faster in this Mavic threat than they ever did on the P3 range thread, and obviously the breaking point is going to reveal itself in short weeks to come, A few flyers have already seen it happen . It's going to be a fun thread to follow.
Thanks DB awesome you're coming over to the Mavic. I went to work right after I did the flight so I didn't test the batteries voltage. However I've done it on every one of my other flights and yes there are huge deviations between the main battery in th between the main battery and the saddlebag battery. I'm not sure on the percentage but it's a huge difference. Example one flight 3.77 volts main battery and 3.87 volts saddle bag battery. I noticed something in landing mode. Once it hit critical power the saddlebag battery was actually charging the main battery inflight. I went from 7% up to 9% when I landed. I'll look at the main battery and it was being charged off the saddle bag battery.

Reactions: Unknown Caller
Great flight!!! Went from zero 40k flights to having 4 of them done in the last few days (although in10s didn't quite get back) !! That's amazing time back, I'm looking st it saying 8mins ... blood pressure rising haha
Thanks Dig!!! I know it's crazy right now isn't it? This morning I was like screw it! I might as well give it a shot while it's still inreach!!! It was a pretty good run. This flight just gives me more confidence in the mavic. There so many good pilots flying the Mavic now no record will hold for long lol!!!

Reactions: CyberNate
Thanks DB awesome you're coming over to the Mavic. I went to work right after I did the flight so I didn't test the batteries voltage. However I've done it on every one of my other flights and yes there are huge deviations between the main battery in th between the main battery and the saddlebag battery. I'm not sure on the percentage but it's a huge difference. Example one flight 3.77 volts main battery and 3.87 volts saddle bag battery. I noticed something in landing mode. Once it hit critical power the saddlebag battery was actually charging the main battery inflight. I went from 7% up to 9% when I landed. I'll look at the main battery and it was being charged off the saddle bag battery.

I'm seeing the same, always 3.78v on the external. Minimum .7v/cell lag as compared to main battery. I thought it was the clip, but it appears to be the multistar lipo. My smaller lipos with higher c rating lag much less. On my flight yesterday I recharged and put back just under 3000mah in each of my 4000mah lipos.

0.6-.010 v higher per cell left on externals over the main battery is very normal. After at least 250 bat mod flights that's actually how it usually ends up. If you were seeing 75% of your external left, or even 35% more of your external left I would be concerned that the bat my clip was the culprit.

0.6-.010 v higher per cell left on externals over the main battery is very normal. After at least 250 bat mod flights that's actually how it usually ends up. If you were seeing 75% of your external left, or even 35% more of your external left I would be concerned that the bat my clip was the culprit.

I didn't say 75% left. I said 75% of capacity used. I'm usually seeing 25% to 30% remaining on external. The Lihv is much better, getting much more of the energy out of them.

So I'm waiting for @dirtybum to strap on dual 5200mah lihv's. You know you're going to do it. It'll fly and it will likely be the very maximum that the Mavic can take on a perfect day. I'm not doing it out here, but if I had a safe place to do it, I would.

So I'm waiting for @dirtybum to strap on dual 5200mah lihv's. You know you're going to do it. It'll fly and it will likely be the very maximum that the Mavic can take on a perfect day. I'm not doing it out here, but if I had a safe place to do it, I would.

Ohhh,yer right Nate I actually read it wrong! Even so, might want to ditch the battery clip and go to direct mod.

The P4 can't fly a couple 5.2's without getting motor errors/trauma somewhere along the flight. I have no delusions that this aircraft would be able to do that. I do know, based on the competitiveness that's going on here already, that somebody's going to find the breaking point, and some of the combinations already being attempted might be it!
Out of all the aircraft that I've had go down from heavy payloads none were on its 1st flight[emoji41]food for thought!
Even the PIII with the 16,000 MAH MultiStar lasted till its fourth flight!
But eventually the weight does catch up with them.

I'm seeing the same, always 3.78v on the external. Minimum .7v/cell lag as compared to main battery. I thought it was the clip, but it appears to be the multistar lipo. My smaller lipos with higher c rating lag much less. On my flight yesterday I recharged and put back just under 3000mah in each of my 4000mah lipos.

here's data on my two flights. would be interesting to see the lipos tracked similar to look at data. im seeing less put back into the externals than the stock battery, and voltage is pretty close. i didn't measure individual cells, just one battery after each flight for total voltage. the lihv's are burning down pretty well, and only have 2 charges.

edit: i'm also assuming that the lipo's may have slightly more mah than 3000 as well.

upload_2017-5-20_12-59-50.png

9cf2ad71bb9deb95699fa4820727ad52.jpg

These are 4S, i'm going to break them down to 3S, they never really did that great with the P3 or the P4 so I don't expect them to perform great as 3S.
But they're just collecting dust, if I never get around to flying the Mavic for distance, I'll pass them on to somebody who will fly them. They should weigh in at about 240g by the time I split them up

here's data on my two flights. would be interesting to see the lipos tracked similar to look at data. im seeing less put back into the externals than the stock battery, and voltage is pretty close. i didn't measure individual cells, just one battery after each flight for total voltage. the lihv's are burning down pretty well, and only have 2 charges.

edit: i'm also assuming that the lipo's may have slightly more mah than 3000 as well.

View attachment 13279

You're getting all the juice out of those. Looks like I need to hardwire xt60 leads directly. I have all the stuff to do it, just lazy.

Reactions: digdat0
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird