DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone died while flying

I figured out when this occurs, and how to work around this issue.

However, when I plug my phone into the controller before powering on the controller, then launch the DJI GO app, then power on the controller after the phone is connected and the DJI GO app is launched I don't get the charge vibrate indicator and the phones doesn't drain. I have tested this several flight with no phone drainage, which validates these observations and theory.

I'm going to try this with my Galaxy S7E next flight. Two 7 min flights back to back and the controller was below 65% and the phone (being charged) was close behind. Messinger (one of the guru's on here) said there was nothing I could do so I'm doubtful.
Rob

I had this issue happen to me yesterday while using an iPad 4 and Mavic 2 Pro. I was on the third battery with back to back flights. The iPad died while I was pretty far away and 350' up. Pretty hard to see orientation to fly home so I hit the RTH button and she made a perfect landing within a few inches of the take-off point. Noice!

When it happened I was confused as to why the ipad screen was off. Then I tried restarting the ipad and it showed the red dead battery icon on the screen. After the Mavic was safely on the ground I was packing up the ipad had restarted on its own and the battery was at 45%. Very odd. There is no way the iPad would show the dead battery icon with 45% charge. Im going to try the procedure mentioned in previous post where the ipad and DJ4 app is started and connected to the RC before the RC is turned on. And verify that the charge indicator is OFF.

How cold was it, had that problem with iPad pro, got in car, it warmed up and had 55 % left.
I had this issue happen to me yesterday while using an iPad 4 and Mavic 2 Pro. I was on the third battery with back to back flights. The iPad died while I was pretty far away and 350' up. Pretty hard to see orientation to fly home so I hit the RTH button and she made a perfect landing within a few inches of the take-off point. Noice!

When it happened I was confused as to why the ipad screen was off. Then I tried restarting the ipad and it showed the red dead battery icon on the screen. After the Mavic was safely on the ground I was packing up the ipad had restarted on its own and the battery was at 45%. Very odd. There is no way the iPad would show the dead battery icon with 45% charge. Im going to try the procedure mentioned in previous post where the ipad and DJ4 app is started and connected to the RC before the RC is turned on. And verify that the charge indicator is OFF.

How cold was it, had that problem with iPad pro, got in car, it warmed up and had 55 % left.

Well, I saw the 45% charge when I was still outside packing up. So ambient temp probably wasnt it. I think it was about 43 deg F.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329