DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

polar pro filters

The customers who bought those ended up getting full refunds and in a lot of cases free replacements. We always take care of our customers and will always make sure they are happy, even if they are not happy with our products. We would love to have you as a customer in the future, and even if you don't like our product, I promise you will have a positive experience with our customer service and brand.

-Jeff from PolarPro

I can tell you that polar pro absolutely took my 1st gen back no questions asked. Gave me a label and shipped the new ones, not one penny paid by me. I have always bought polar pro and after this experience will only buy polar pro.. I bought the 1st gen ones MONTHS ago and it was not a problem for them.

Reactions: Gp™
I can tell you that polar pro absolutely took my 1st gen back no questions asked. Gave me a label and shipped the new ones, not one penny paid by me. I have always bought polar pro and after this experience will only buy polar pro.. I bought the 1st gen ones MONTHS ago and it was not a problem for them.

Again missing the point, how many people bought them then took off on trip just to find out they were crap. Point is Taco and Freewell released a proven product, probably cause they flew it to test it, pp did not.

Not ten secs, every friggin time you change a battery, so fly come in have to remember to remove filter take battery out change etccc You should fly a mavic before trolling these forums

All of our filters pass through calibration as of December 2016 :)
PolarPro | DJI Mavic Filters

I personally shoot my X5S most of the time but I probably shoot with the about Mavic once a week.
-Jeff from PolarPro

Ok, I am extremely disappointed with the durability of the glass in the filters, im not sure if mine had some issues from manufacturing or if it's simply a piece of crap. I actually smashed the glass in nd 8 filter when I was pulling it off the camera. And I am extremely careful when doing so, mainly because I'm afraid of doing some damage to that tiny gimbal.

The filter was quite hard to get off so my grip was firm, but not hard. And when it popped off I heard the glass crack.

Being used to quality products from polarpro in the past, this was really a disappointment.
I would own to it if I felt like I were to roughly handling ir with results in breaking the glass. But that were not the case.

562499063556c9f304a371a30f427e22.jpg

That glass is not easy to break, luckily you bought a brand with a lifetime warranty :)
Just email [email protected] and they will get you all taken care of.
-Jeff from PolarPro

Again missing the point, how many people bought them then took off on trip just to find out they were crap. Point is Taco and Freewell released a proven product, probably cause they flew it to test it, pp did not.
I'm not missing your point. What you are missing is that they basically admitted they messed up and are making it as easy as it can be to fix their mistake. Emailing support, Printing out a USPS label, slapping it on a box and putting it in the mailbox took about a whole 60 seconds of my life. I've never had such an easy transaction when it comes to contacting customer support in my life. Even amazon takes longer.

Reactions: Brandaloo and Gp™
Bought the Polar Pro three pack for my Mavic at Best Buy about two weeks ago. They would get stuck on start up and give me the error message. I contacted Polar Pro via email and asked if I had the older version. They indicated I had the version that should work. Never the less they sent me out a new set that works perfect. I also have a set for my Phantom 3 advanced and never had a problem with those.

Got the 6 filter Cinema series Tuesday and all the filters go on easy, come off easy and pass gimbal boot up without a hitch. Not to mention the quality of the filters are excellent. Lifetime warranty is an added bonus.

My Polar Pro Cinema Shutter Series arrived this past monday and i can report that the filter was a breeze to put on a take off, no fear of damaging the camera or gimble. This first shot was with the polar pro ND32 filter, filter was put on before powering on mavic, not a single hitch. DJI_0026.jpg

Received my replacement filters today, the newer cinema series are a lot easier to put on and take off and so far the filters I tried putting on passed the gamble calibration with ease, no binding or gimble clacking this time.

Thanks and great customer service IMO.

Reactions: RobP62
Just a heads up to those who are considering buying filters for the mavic pro. Avoid buying the polar pro filters. They are designed to stay on for long periods of time and you have to put them on after gimbal initiation. So that means extra stress of removing the filter to the gimbal every time you need to power on the mavic. They DO NOT specify this on the box but rather INSIDE the manual. I bought mine at Best Buy and can't return them as it has been beyond 15 days of return.

I heard the new cinema series don't require the filters to be removed during gimbal initiation. I reached out to polar pro for a possible resolution and all they offered was a $10 discount if I sent in my old set. So with shipping all I was offered was ~$5 discount. I will be avoiding polar pro in the future.

I have both sets shutter and vivid no problems what so ever. Maybe you got some bad sets. But there are ways to fix that if it's a problem

Just a heads up to those who are considering buying filters for the mavic pro. Avoid buying the polar pro filters. They are designed to stay on for long periods of time and you have to put them on after gimbal initiation. So that means extra stress of removing the filter to the gimbal every time you need to power on the mavic. They DO NOT specify this on the box but rather INSIDE the manual. I bought mine at Best Buy and can't return them as it has been beyond 15 days of return.

I heard the new cinema series don't require the filters to be removed during gimbal initiation. I reached out to polar pro for a possible resolution and all they offered was a $10 discount if I sent in my old set. So with shipping all I was offered was ~$5 discount. I will be avoiding polar pro in the future.

Amazing... Two days ago i contacted polar pro, an half an hour after i got positive response to exchange my ancient filters... No shipping costs, just have to pay the difference from proffessional series to shutter series ( 30 us dollars ) and if i want to have the new proffessional series, witch perform gimbal init, nothing to pay, so i find it kind of weird your statement.

And... I did not buy the set i'm about to exchange from polar pro directly. Even though they accepted to replace them at no cost

I also purchased the first gen Polar pro filters that you would install after start up. I contacted Polar pro to return them and then found out about their newly released cinema series filters. They offered a trade up to the cinema filters for $10 and sent them to me before I returned the old ones. Polar Pro staff have been very accommodating and professional. The cinema filters fit well and do not require removing. I would not hesitate purchasing Polar Pro cinema filters again.

Took the words out of my mouth

Today I received my replacement filters and I can confirm they are much easier to put on and take off as well as they pass calibration without issue.

I would like to thank Jeff for what I consider great customer service by shipping me out replacements in a very speedy manner!

Originally I purchased the early version of the cinema 6 series filters (the gold ones with the little ridges along the edge.)

Hey Jeff @PolarPro I have a question. I want to buy the ND 3pcs filter set (the black one) but I'm in Germany and Saturn(something like bestbuy) have them in stock but I don't know if they have the new Version.
Can you plz inform me if they have the new one ?
Thanks in advance.

OK... very much sold on the need for ND filters given bright and sunrise/sunset conditions I am fond of. And leaning towards Polar Pro given some reading on this forum. Cheapest option in Aus appears to be Polar Pro DJI Mavic Filters Cinema Series 6-pack Aussie Seller Free Delivery | eBay and NEW Polar Pro DJI Mavic Filter Professional 6-Pack Aussie Seller Free Delivery

I have a couple of question I am hoping someone.. maybe the ever-attentive Jeff at @PolarPro ... can help me with...

* These linked above look different (grippy lines in the side) from the latest product shots on the PP site which have smooth sides: DJI Mavic Filters - Cinema Series 6-Pack - does that mean they are old stock? I am VERY keen to get the latest ones after reading about issues with older ones
* Cinema (gold) vs standard (black) ... I'm an amateur - is there much advantage to the cinema?
* Are Cinema ones lighter? They have a weight on the description on the PP site... the standard black ones do not have a weight listed... why is that @PolarPro ?

So much hate it's insane.

The fact that Jeff even takes the time to accommodate half of it on forums is amazing in itself. They make quality products. And back it up with timely and friendly customer service when necessary.

Some of y'all need to relax....

Received my polarizing ND filters the other day. Tested them for fit and any gimble start up problems. None to report. Now if it would just stop raining here in the Northwest I could go out and fly.

I just received my 3-pack ND filter set(the black one), with a CPL filter and two ND filters (ND8&ND16).
Perfect fit and no issues at all with the gimbal.

Anyone had gimbal obstructed errors with the Polar Pro filters?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canuckdive