DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

polar pro filters

Hey Jeff @PolarPro I have a question. I want to buy the ND 3pcs filter set (the black one) but I'm in Germany and Saturn(something like bestbuy) have them in stock but I don't know if they have the new Version.
Can you plz inform me if they have the new one ?
Thanks in advance.

Its going to be difficult to tell, I actually was not aware Saturn even had our products yet. If they end up not fitting we can either send a replacement, or you can just order direct from our site, shipping to Germany only takes about 14 days and it $14.99.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
-Jeff from PolarPro

OK... very much sold on the need for ND filters given bright and sunrise/sunset conditions I am fond of. And leaning towards Polar Pro given some reading on this forum. Cheapest option in Aus appears to be Polar Pro DJI Mavic Filters Cinema Series 6-pack Aussie Seller Free Delivery | eBay and NEW Polar Pro DJI Mavic Filter Professional 6-Pack Aussie Seller Free Delivery

I have a couple of question I am hoping someone.. maybe the ever-attentive Jeff at @PolarPro ... can help me with...

* These linked above look different (grippy lines in the side) from the latest product shots on the PP site which have smooth sides: DJI Mavic Filters - Cinema Series 6-Pack - does that mean they are old stock? I am VERY keen to get the latest ones after reading about issues with older ones
* Cinema (gold) vs standard (black) ... I'm an amateur - is there much advantage to the cinema?
* Are Cinema ones lighter? They have a weight on the description on the PP site... the standard black ones do not have a weight listed... why is that @PolarPro ?

We did do a cosmetic design update, there was a lot of counterfeit filters on the market so we refreshed them. Almost 99% of the ones on the market are the updated version. If you purchase from an Authorized reseller and they are the old version we are happy to replace them for you.

The big advantage of the Cinema Series is the glass has AR coatings which help reduce lens flaring. The extra $10 per filter usually worth it for most people.

The Cinema Series and the Standard Filters are the same weight (same frame different color).

Hope that helps!
-Jeff

Purchased the cinema pack. No regrets, they're excellent.

Worst thing I can say is that they's perhaps a little too tight, but then I guess nobody wants them too loose.

Its going to be difficult to tell, I actually was not aware Saturn even had our products yet. If they end up not fitting we can either send a replacement, or you can just order direct from our site, shipping to Germany only takes about 14 days and it $14.99.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
-Jeff from PolarPro

Thanks for the answer! But I already bought them and they are the new version!!!

Reactions: PolarPro
Hello, i bought the PolarPro Shutter Series and happy with it...
After first flight (without Crash) i noticed that the ND16 had a little scratch in the middle of the Glas.
Now i dont know why... i only land the mavic by look the camera Forward, so iam sure that is not a stone iam landing on. leave the filter on for Transport with the dome on. Could this be the reason?
Thank you for your help.
Regards

Attachments

• IMG_20170428_075228636.jpg
    IMG_20170428_075228636.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 58
Thanks @PolarPro Jeff - very handy. Interestingly - since my post that seller is now only selling smooth sided filters it seems - GENUINE Polar Pro DJI Mavic Cinema Series Shutter Collection 3-pack Filters

... question I have now is, are they 'authorized' and how can I tell a fake from real :-\

They are Authorized if they purchase them from us or from a distributor, meaning as long as they are not stolen.
You can always send us an email to ask about a reseller if you have a question on them. [email protected]

Thanks!

-Jeff

Reactions: Crayons
Just placed my Amazon order for the cinema vivids based on this thread alone. Thanks Jeff for representing your company so well and to others with good news stories. Will fly them Sunday, can't wait.

Reactions: Brandaloo
Oh my, all my worries squashed. These filters are of amazing quality and slide on and off easily with a positive lock (soft click) when you slide them all the way on. Just make sure the gimbal lock is on and the filter is aligned flat when first sliding them on and light pressure locks it on with a positive soft click. Gimbal lock on to remove them too. Be careful, there small, light, and a bit slippery (being metal). Worries of gimbal overload, nay these are so light. I bought the polarized nd cinimatic vivids, flew them yesterday at sunset (nd4) after Amazon dropped them off and the image was incredible, clear, sharp, colors popped, the mist on the horizon just above the trees looked cinematic. The polarizers definitely add an awesome look to the imagery (very balanced no glare), yes worth it. Sun flares are soft and pleasant and a welcome natural addition. I have a set of the DJI ones and the lenses fell out when removing them from the camera because the glue released from the plastic frames. DJI support told me I could buy another set,.....

Thank you Polar Pro, very nice quality all around.

Last edited:
That glass is not easy to break, luckily you bought a brand with a lifetime warranty :)
Just email [email protected] and they will get you all taken care of.
-Jeff from PolarPro

so was this comment of yours just to look better to the guys on the forum?

It's been almost two weeks and 3 emails sent. I've not gotten as much as an auto reply!
What is this ****?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rbruz
I have been trying to get a Mavic Polar Pro 6 pack in Switzerland but they are sold out everywhere. I pre ordered but after being told again and again that the delivery is delayed I gave up and cancelled my order.
Ordering from the US is a no go as the fast shipping cost are prohibitive (as with many sellers in the US) so I decided to give the Freewell 6 pack a go. Freewell is cheaper and they fast ship for free from Hong Kong. I know I will have to pay import duty on it but it would have been the same with the Polar Pros....except that import duty is paid on price + shipping cost. So in the end I will save a pack of money and a lot of time.

Polar Pro, I know you have a great product but if you are not delivering you will not sell. You lost a customer....sorry!

Reactions: flipf and Rbruz
so was this comment of yours just to look better to the guys on the forum?

It's been almost two weeks and 3 emails sent. I've not gotten as much as an auto reply!
What is this ****?
Can you please forward me the email you send in so I can look into it. It should take 24 to 48 business hours max.
I will personally follow up on it, if sending to [email protected] you should get an auto-reply immediately, so something might be off.
[email protected]
I look forward to helping you out.
-Jeff from PolarPro

I have been trying to get a Mavic Polar Pro 6 pack in Switzerland but they are sold out everywhere. I pre ordered but after being told again and again that the delivery is delayed I gave up and cancelled my order.
Ordering from the US is a no go as the fast shipping cost are prohibitive (as with many sellers in the US) so I decided to give the Freewell 6 pack a go. Freewell is cheaper and they fast ship for free from Hong Kong. I know I will have to pay import duty on it but it would have been the same with the Polar Pros....except that import duty is paid on price + shipping cost. So in the end I will save a pack of money and a lot of time.

Polar Pro, I know you have a great product but if you are not delivering you will not sell. You lost a customer....sorry!

Our site has stock and we ship worldwide for $14.99, and generally there are no import duties.
We are doing the best we can to get our resellers in stock but it is difficult with the volume of people purchasing the Cinema Series.

Our products are not cheap. Instead of giving free shipping we give you premium glass, coatings, frame materials, customer support, and a lifetime warranty. Some people prefer less expensive alternatives which is why we offer the Cinema Series line and the standard series line.

We look forward to having you as a customer in the future.

-Jeff from PolarPro

Reactions: Gp™
I have send an email to polar pro, chated with SCOTT, in order to have a replacement set of cinema series ( i had buy the first generation pro series 3 filter set in france, from a dealer) . Half an hour latter, i had my invoice validated, just payed the difference, no shipping costs, an i received my shipment 7 days after (iesterday). So cut the crap and as i am not anything more than all the rest of polar pro's costumers, i have to say this.....

THANK YOU POLAR PRO

Our site has stock and we ship worldwide for $14.99, and generally there are no import duties.
We are doing the best we can to get our resellers in stock but it is difficult with the volume of people purchasing the Cinema Series.

Our products are not cheap. Instead of giving free shipping we give you premium glass, coatings, frame materials, customer support, and a lifetime warranty. Some people prefer less expensive alternatives which is why we offer the Cinema Series line and the standard series line.

We look forward to having you as a customer in the future.

-Jeff from PolarPro

In understand PolarPro makes top quality filters. But the sun is out here in Switzerland and the filters are nowhere in stock. I see that the shop were i ordered initially has moved their possible delivery date again but a full week. And it is the same at all other online shop.

The Freewell filters arrived from HongKong within 5 days. They work a lot better then filters which are virtual!

Fast shopping with PolarPro to Switzerland would have costed me at least USD40 and not USD14.99. And I can assure you that in Switzerland I have to pay import duty.

In the end it is simple: If your product would have been in stock with Swiss resellers I would have bought it. Ordering from the USA is just not interesting.

Reactions: Rbruz
In understand PolarPro makes top quality filters. But the sun is out here in Switzerland and the filters are nowhere in stock. I see that the shop were i ordered initially has moved their possible delivery date again but a full week. And it is the same at all other online shop.

The Freewell filters arrived from HongKong within 5 days. They work a lot better then filters which are virtual!

Fast shopping with PolarPro to Switzerland would have costed me at least USD40 and not USD14.99. And I can assure you that in Switzerland I have to pay import duty.

In the end it is simple: If your product would have been in stock with Swiss resellers I would have bought it. Ordering from the USA is just not interesting.

Thanks for the feedback, our filters are more expensive than the others because of our premium glass, coatings, frame materials, customer support, and a lifetime warranty. You pay more for our filters because they use more expensive materials, and our our support team. Some people are willing to pay more for the premium quality, and others like yourself are not, it is all personal preference, and I am glad you are happy.

Happy flying,
Jeff

Some people are willing to pay more for the premium quality, and others like yourself are not, it is all personal preference, and I am glad you are happy.

That's not really a fair response to the post Jeff.

If the stock had been available he would have purchased it.

You can't expect everyone to order from the USA and then have to pay duty/tax on arrival as well as high shipping costs if you want anything more than basic USPS international service...

I was fortunate enough to find the Polar Pro filters I wanted in Germany and it was easy to get them shipped to the UK, but right now, buying your products outside of the USA is really proving very difficult...

That's not really a fair response to the post Jeff.

If the stock had been available he would have purchased it.

You can't expect everyone to order from the USA and then have to pay duty/tax on arrival as well as high shipping costs if you want anything more than basic USPS international service...

I was fortunate enough to find the Polar Pro filters I wanted in Germany and it was easy to get them shipped to the UK, but right now, buying your products outside of the USA is really proving very difficult...

Our international shipping is quite inexpensive and fast.
USPS is $14.99 and usually takes 10 to 14 days to Europe.
DHL is about $40 and takes 3 days.

Import taxes are rarely charged to the customers.
I think if you talked to all of our international customers they would tell you the process is very simple and easy.

-Jeff

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech