DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

polar pro filters

Threshold

Reactions
Just a heads up to those who are considering buying filters for the mavic pro. Avoid buying the polar pro filters. They are designed to stay on for long periods of time and you have to put them on after gimbal initiation. So that means extra stress of removing the filter to the gimbal every time you need to power on the mavic. They DO NOT specify this on the box but rather INSIDE the manual. I bought mine at Best Buy and can't return them as it has been beyond 15 days of return.

I heard the new cinema series don't require the filters to be removed during gimbal initiation. I reached out to polar pro for a possible resolution and all they offered was a $10 discount if I sent in my old set. So with shipping all I was offered was ~$5 discount. I will be avoiding polar pro in the future.

Reactions: Rbruz
my gimbal initiates with the polar pro fiters i bought on amazon a week ago. polar pro states that as of mid january the gimbal will calibrate with the filters on.

• Engineered Specifically for the DJI Mavic Pro
  • Design Updated Jan 23rd: Now fully compatible with gimbal initialization
  • Includes CP, ND8, ND16, ND32, ND8/PL, ND16/PL filters
  • PolarPro HD Glass ensures razor sharp clarity
  • Lifetime Guarantee with US based customer support

Just a heads up to those who are considering buying filters for the mavic pro. Avoid buying the polar pro filters. They are designed to stay on for long periods of time and you have to put them on after gimbal initiation. So that means extra stress of removing the filter to the gimbal every time you need to power on the mavic. They DO NOT specify this on the box but rather INSIDE the manual. I bought mine at Best Buy and can't return them as it has been beyond 15 days of return.

I heard the new cinema series don't require the filters to be removed during gimbal initiation. I reached out to polar pro for a possible resolution and all they offered was a $10 discount if I sent in my old set. So with shipping all I was offered was ~$5 discount. I will be avoiding polar pro in the future.
A ten dollar discount on top of the price of returned filters or just ten dollars and you would be out of pocket for the filters you returned?
Regards,
-d.

I also have the newer-generation Polar Pro ND filters (got 'em from Amazon, too), and the gimbal initializes just fine with them on.

my gimbal initiates with the polar pro fiters i bought on amazon a week ago. polar pro states that as of mid january the gimbal will calibrate with the filters on.
Mine don't allow gimbal initiation unless I give the camera a little help at one point. Worth it to me but clearly not optimal. I probably have the pre-January version.

Reactions: BaldDaddy
I own a few sets of the PolarPro filters. The gimbal is just fine when I put them on before powering on the Mavic. I did purchase mine after their first set was redesigned.

A ten dollar discount on top of the price of returned filters or just ten dollars and you would be out of pocket for the filters you returned?
Regards,
-d.

$10 dollars off of a new priced item, and I would have to send in my current set of filters.

I guess moral of story is to avoid Best Buy stock. I'm glad everyone else has working filters, not so much for me.

I bought the first generation PolarPro filters. The ones you need to install after powering on the Mavic.
When the redesigned was out, I request to exchange my old filters they did without questioning.
And I live in Brazil.
The filters are great and the customer support was really effective

Great, just realizing I bought the 6 pack in December, I sent them a nice, respectful note asking for exchange if needed... haven't even opened the box yet.

I guess i got pre January product as well... And its mid April. The manual says to calibrate gimble before placing filter

What is this crap.. Some code
cc1a477261582fe3250cb531e2061f1f.jpg

I also purchased the first gen Polar pro filters that you would install after start up. I contacted Polar pro to return them and then found out about their newly released cinema series filters. They offered a trade up to the cinema filters for $10 and sent them to me before I returned the old ones. Polar Pro staff have been very accommodating and professional. The cinema filters fit well and do not require removing. I would not hesitate purchasing Polar Pro cinema filters again.

Reactions: Finalpointlogic
I also purchased the first gen Polar pro filters that you would install after start up. I contacted Polar pro to return them and then found out about their newly released cinema series filters. They offered a trade up to the cinema filters for $10 and sent them to me before I returned the old ones. Polar Pro staff have been very accommodating and professional. The cinema filters fit well and do not require removing. I would not hesitate purchasing Polar Pro cinema filters again.
**** i wish i would've thought of that.. I returned them to bestbuy already

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan