DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poll: Are you happy with your Mavic?

Are you happy with your Mavic?

• 1. Yes I am happy I bought it and have no intention of selling it.

• 2. No I am not happy with it and would like to get a refund or sell it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've had mine since January and couldn't be happier! Seems like I find out something new each time I fly. So far so good!

Reactions: Former Member
I'm totally new to the drone community. I'm on my 2nd drone, the 1st one after like 3 short flights in the beginners

mode the left stick on the controller went wacky on me...returned it for a full refund from Amazon ( Combo )no problem.Purchased a new one..and here I am again. The 2nd Mavic pro I'm not happy with . I did extensive research from the start before ever purchasing the Mavic. Must have watched 40 or 50 You tube videos about what one should and should not do. I'm not an experienced drone pilot by no means but I have common sense.

After receiving the 2nd drone I noticed that the box was very tiny, the first one was in a much larger box and packaged a bit more professional. Both times I ordered the combo kit. Anyway it just didn't look like I expected it to look seeing that it should have been a new one. looked refurbished to me.

Since receiving the 2nd drone I have flown it maybe 10 times in sport mode mostly, never been able to get any speed out of it. 36 to 40 mph tops with no wind at all, no obstructions whatsoever. Having mixed emotions about this new 500 + firmware. I notice that some are complaining about the new firmware. I'm also having Video problems too. Gonna play with it a bit longer to see if in fact the problem is the operator or do I need to send this one back before its to late...

Notice: no crashes, not as of yet! encouraging to hear that most of the post in this thread are very positive so I'm looking up, keeping it on the positive side as well.

Any input would be appreciated.
Regards BigMotor/Bill

I'm totally new to the drone community. I'm on my 2nd drone, the 1st one after like 3 short flights in the beginners

mode the left stick on the controller went wacky on me...returned it for a full refund from Amazon ( Combo )no problem.Purchased a new one..and here I am again. The 2nd Mavic pro I'm not happy with . I did extensive research from the start before ever purchasing the Mavic. Must have watched 40 or 50 You tube videos about what one should and should not do. I'm not an experienced drone pilot by no means but I have common sense.

After receiving the 2nd drone I noticed that the box was very tiny, the first one was in a much larger box and packaged a bit more professional. Both times I ordered the combo kit. Anyway it just didn't look like I expected it to look seeing that it should have been a new one. looked refurbished to me.

Since receiving the 2nd drone I have flown it maybe 10 times in sport mode mostly, never been able to get any speed out of it. 36 to 40 mph tops with no wind at all, no obstructions whatsoever. Having mixed emotions about this new 500 + firmware. I notice that some are complaining about the new firmware. I'm also having Video problems too. Gonna play with it a bit longer to see if in fact the problem is the operator or do I need to send this one back before its to late...

Notice: no crashes, not as of yet! encouraging to hear that most of the post in this thread are very positive so I'm looking up, keeping it on the positive side as well.

Regards BigMotor/Bill
41 mph tops for me. What were you expecting out of something smaller than a Kleenex box?

Regards BigMotor/Bill

I think if you keep flying it at maximum speed, youre going to have alot more video problems, poorer quality images and more gimbal problems than people who fly them slower, smoother, and more cautiously. Nothing personal, but the gimbals are sensitive devices, and should be treated like flying cameras.

Reactions: Robbyg and BigMotor
It is portable,....but I got to admit,...I'm not impressed with the video or camera detail. To be honest,...I think my previous P3P took better video. Also seems to be a lot of issues I'm reading about with any new firmware updates. (I stuck with 4.something as I did not like the removal of RTH with stick) I guess portability is not as important to myself as photo/video quality. When I was deciding to purchase this, I was torn between this and the P4P. I kind of figured they both had 4K video, so the Mavic had the advantage due to portability. Guess you really cannot beat the P4P's CMOS sensor.
So I really do wish I could go back in time and make that decision again. I'm pretty sure of two things if I could do that. 1) My video quality would be much better coming from the drone I would purchase. 2) I would hit the lottery numbers several times.

I think if you keep flying it at maximum speed, youre going to have alot more video problems, poorer quality images and more gimbal problems than people who fly them slower, smoother, and more cautiously. Nothing personal, but the gimbals are sensitive devices, and should be treated like flying cameras.

O no problem, this gives me a better understanding of whats going on, thanks for your input....

After a terrible 2 months of terrible customer service, swearing at it and DJI customer service from Pittsburgh Pa to Carson Ca and $309.00.............. let me just tell you that the ups guy pulling up in front of my house with it from Carson yesterday made me fall in love with it and DJI products all over again! BUT I STILL HATE THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE! Extremely slow!!!!!!

It is portable,....but I got to admit,...I'm not impressed with the video or camera detail. To be honest,...I think my previous P3P took better video. Also seems to be a lot of issues I'm reading about with any new firmware updates. (I stuck with 4.something as I did not like the removal of RTH with stick) I guess portability is not as important to myself as photo/video quality. When I was deciding to purchase this, I was torn between this and the P4P. I kind of figured they both had 4K video, so the Mavic had the advantage due to portability. Guess you really cannot beat the P4P's CMOS sensor.
So I really do wish I could go back in time and make that decision again. I'm pretty sure of two things if I could do that. 1) My video quality would be much better coming from the drone I would purchase. 2) I would hit the lottery numbers several times.

Its never to late to correct the situation. You can still get good money for your used Mavic, and if you are looking for better picture quality, especially in low light, and wider field of vision, the Mavic cant touch the P4P. Plus, the P4P has better obstacle avoidance.

For me, the Mavic was good for its portability, and decent picture quality. I bought a P4P in addition to the Mavic, and also have some P4's and P3P's hanging around. I take the Mavic if its a calm day, daylight, and dont have the energy to lug around the P4P. P4P wins on a windy day, or lower light situations. P3P to me at this point, seems like a dinosaur, and I dont like flying it any more. Sad because it was my single favorite bird for many months.

After a terrible 2 months of terrible customer service, swearing at it and DJI customer service from Pittsburgh Pa to Carson Ca and $309.00.............. let me just tell you that the ups guy pulling up in front of my house with it from Carson yesterday made me fall in love with it and DJI products all over again! BUT I STILL HATE THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE! Extremely slow!!!!!!

2 months is a long time, even for DJI. Are you in the USA? The longest they have taken so far is 6 weeks for one of my repairs.

I love the Mavic and have big plans for it ..... But I wish DJI would farm out the software to someone who knows how to program software. With 3 updates in a very short span of time, you would think they would get one of them right. Also I have camera issues and cannot seem to get decent video images.

Last edited:
Its never to late to correct the situation. You can still get good money for your used Mavic, and if you are looking for better picture quality, especially in low light, and wider field of vision, the Mavic cant touch the P4P. Plus, the P4P has better obstacle avoidance.

For me, the Mavic was good for its portability, and decent picture quality. I bought a P4P in addition to the Mavic, and also have some P4's and P3P's hanging around. I take the Mavic if its a calm day, daylight, and dont have the energy to lug around the P4P. P4P wins on a windy day, or lower light situations. P3P to me at this point, seems like a dinosaur, and I dont like flying it any more. Sad because it was my single favorite bird for many months.

I would sell it in a heart beat and buy the P4P. But I have so much wrapped up in it now. It's the Fly More Kit. Then I have filters, Several iPad mini 4 holders,....including the Mav Mount. Three different cases. I purchased DJI refresh Kit. Cables, Two skins,....(One still not applied)
128 Gb micro SD card. Landing gear extenders and a landing skid. So I got about $2000 tied up in it. Extra complete set of props. (Never ever crashed) If I could get back $1000 + shipping for everything,....I would sell and buy the P4P.
But alas,...I feel most people at that price point will just buy the Mavic new and slowly build up batteries and accessories over time.
But anyone interested may feel free to contact myself. (However,....that is my bottom line price,...so do not waste time asking for a better price.)

Rear plate issue?

Btw! Lovin it, no problems.
If i would to put my finger on something it would be "Forward obstacle sensors" in bright direct sunlight... I just disable them during high attitude flights.
rear plate issue, please elaborate. thanks
Nothing to worry about for you. My came with a broken plate for the left rear motor arm. It was just damaged, and I was planning to warranty it after my trips, except that I ended up accidentally breaking the plate completely. @Thunder-drones kindly gave me a replacement part and I fixed it myself.

Didn't purchase the mavic - was gifted to me from the company I work for as a 25 year award. To me, better than a watch. As for as liking it. Absolutely. The hardware part is phenomenal. Software will always be a work in progress. Sport mode is great. Video is awesome. Couldn't ask for more for the price[emoji6]

Reactions: MAVA4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki