DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poll: Are you happy with your Mavic?

Are you happy with your Mavic?

• 1. Yes I am happy I bought it and have no intention of selling it.

• 2. No I am not happy with it and would like to get a refund or sell it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Love the Mavic. No problems.
I think for what it cost, the pics and vid are awesome. Remember it costs about the same as a high end point and shoot. Sure a high end point and shoot will take better quality pics and vid, but they can't fly. :) All a trade off.
Will definitely get the next gen when it comes out.

Yes I must say your on the nose and 100% right.I have personally experienced also repair delays, and sometimes incompetent staff . I had my Mavic for 3 month and had to ship it back for repair, never crashed it. Just the same problem thats on youtube (gimble). One thing that kills me is in your RMA they send you an address to ship it to and once it gets there they forward it to an other address where I lost six more days of travel to get there for repair. Why they didn't give me that address in the first plus also they received it and not update my status yet for 4 days on the DJI page

It's been fantastic to fly. After 78 flights I have a flawless machine. I have 4 batteries that work well. Still have the original props on. No nicks or cracks.

use iPhone 7 plus for the go app.

My Mavic was shipped 4 days after ordering. Been flying weather permitting for 5 months. No problems. However my P3Pro has been at DJI repair for 2 1/2 weeks and still no word on the status other than "we have it" But the Mavic is doing fine knock on wood.
SL

I have 5 inspires and a M 600, had 2 phantoms but gave them to young local up and coming film makers. I got one of the first Mavics from BnH and love it. Its not fast...not as stable in wind as the Inspire. I love it because I am not afraid to get it in close or low for shots,its not as big of a threat to hit something as a bigger quad copter. For travel its awesome!, just to not have to haul a 55lb camera box is great.I put it in a small backpack when we ride dirt bikes way back in the woods,you just cant do that with the others.It really does have its place in our gear collection.

16 hrs 152 flights
Only problem has been pilot error
Lol
I could not be more pleased with this platform!!
Love it

Reactions: Arkarian
Why would they make a second one that wasn't better? And even if it had lower specs, it's possible that it would be more stable, and I am just worried to have something potentially break, with or without being my fault.
What you mean like the new P4A that followed the recent P4P?

Yeah, you got me, yeah.

Reactions: Arkarian
I'm pretty excited about my mavic and really enjoy the portability of it. But the amazon seller I bought it from screwed me around royaly. I do not recommend buying anything from zooomelectronics.

I bought mine from DJI. No tax was nice. I could afford an extra battery.

Considering all the complaints, that's an overwhelmingly positive response (albeit just two options).

Take out use error and wonder how many complaints there would be :cool:

Everything about it seems cool, but I can't honestly make a completely informed decision as mine suffered the dreaded "gimbal overload" only two hours after arrival.

34 Flawless flights never had to calibrate anything no matter where I took it, just an awesome drone and I've had many all shapes and sizes. Thanks DJI

Reactions: drmort
Considering all the complaints, that's an overwhelmingly positive response (albeit just two options).

Take out use error and wonder how many complaints there would be :cool:

There are Lemons to be sure but the vast majority of negatives get amplified and blown up because DJI CS is terrible.

Rob

Reactions: willhay555
I can see where it is very easy to make a noob mistake. I read so much and watched a lot of YouTube while I was waiting for my bird to be shipped. I wanted to avoid as many noob mistakes as I could. I knew all the settings I needed to check and follow a checklist before each flight.

The kid next door flew his phantom way out of sight following a railroad track. His battery went low and it landed and he couldn't find it. Someone found it and phoned him but the phantom had sat out in the rain all night.

This is my third drone over 4-5 years. AR Drone, then Tali-H500 and now the Mavic. Fun to fly in sport and easy to fly with the different modes to get a good shot. The build quality is amazing. Probably what surprises me most is the charge time and flight time. Quick to charge and lasts a long time!!

Please cast your vote either way.

Just wondering how people feel about their Mavics after purchase. I have personally experienced DJI's shipping delays, repair delays, and sometimes incompetent staff, but overall, I am 100% satisfied with mine. Its the best consumer drone Ive ever had, and is really revolutionary in its design and capabilities.

You can read 100 messages here from people having problems, and I think most of those are from owners not reading the manual or not understanding something and not being patient enough to read past posts and self-diagnose.

I do buy sell and repair Mavics, but from a personal point of view, after owning hundreds of RC aircraft in my life, the Mavic is my favorite.
Over all, I love it. It didn't start too well though! Mine came with .003 firmware. I initially had a lot of disconnect problems between the Mavic and the RC. It always returned to home though, it never flew away. So I thought I'd bite the bullet and update to the then .004 firmware. Halfway through the update it failed! Since then (for some reason) it's worked perfectly. Never had any problems ever again with it and now done about 60 flights. Still on the .003 firmware (it does everything I want it to do) and still on the original props. Never crashed it!

Portability is everything, it really is. After 2 years of lugging around a Yuneec Q500 4K (great quad by the way) the Mavic is a dream. It's as easy as picking up a camera or your phone when you go anywhere, I love that.

I had huge fears putting that amount of money on a drone and ive spent alot on special filters and equipment as well. Was it gonna be worth it? Definetely yes. It is a third family member basicly on trips following us in the sky, and it has changed me personally. Im always looking at the weather, finding ANY excuse i can to go out and fly. It dont have to be sunny, it can be a cloudy day where i suddenly thinking "Wow! would be cool to capture that". Yesterday it was very windy but sunny, so the ocean looking amazing. Most people would just stay indoors and not think about going outside, but for me? It was a perfect moment to capture something cool on my Mavic. (And yes, the Mavic handles windy conditions without issues but be careful)

So im in love with it. If i were to loose it now? I would probably work overtime the same day to work in hours to buy this again no doubt. And im constantly learning new stuff. My footage from last week and this week? Whole another level. Love it

Just like many other, had a hard time spending the cash on it. But have 8+ hours on it already. I would do it again. And would recommend to a friend. Just read the manual and all will be good.

Only thing I would like fixed would be the app crashes.

Very happy.

The Mavic is my first ever drone purchase.
Never flown anything like this before and its absolutely brilliant!

Running latest updates etc, no issues.

I did get fed up of using a spare ipone 5s as the screen was tiny, so went and purchased an ipad mini 4 just to fly with.
Much better for setting out shots in video and stills.

Reactions: pilotattitude

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan