DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poll: Are you happy with your Mavic?

Are you happy with your Mavic?

• 1. Yes I am happy I bought it and have no intention of selling it.

• 2. No I am not happy with it and would like to get a refund or sell it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I like the portability of the Mavic. It's much easier to carry to remote locations than my Inspire ... ;)

Reactions: Former Member
Rear plate issue?

Btw! Lovin it, no problems.
If i would to put my finger on something it would be "Forward obstacle sensors" in bright direct sunlight... I just disable them during high attitude flights.

I've experienced that too, so I just back mine into the sun, then point it in the direction I want to take the shot

I love mine. Incredible bird. Lots of fun

I love the Mavic. I never realized how important portability was until I received it. I will not go back to lugging around a full size bird unless I am shooting professionally.

Phantom 3 Pro - Have flown it 2 times in 6 months - it is gone soon.
X-Star Premium - Have not even charged the battery since November. Waiting to use it pro when the new cam is released.
Typhoon H - Gone - it was a lemon I had nothing but problems with it. others are very happy with theirs mine was a dud...
Phantom 4 - Sold - made the most sense to sell it.

I am waiting to see what gets released. I do need a pro bird.

The Mavic is a blast to fly and it's certainly one of my all time favorite gadgets.
The Camera system is about the only thing that is not superb about the Mavic.
Unfortunately DJI Sales and Customer support are the polar opposites to the Mavic.

Well I'm just fortunate I guess. My Mavic has been perfect. It was one of the first delivered and I have yet to have anything worth complaint.. My P3P was problematic. Cracked shell X2 both times DJI was incredible. They even replaced what I gathered was a failing motor for free after the warranty was expired. I'm just a lucky dude I guess.

If you like portability, the newest addition to the DJI lineup is expected to be the DJI Spark "selfie drone." Might be announced Sunday, April 23.
I'm following that... but I need a pro/prosumer level camera for my business. I don't think the spark will fill that requirement. I'm looking for a P4p after DJI releases something in the Phantom Lineup.. or I'm looking for something with a prosumer camera that is better than the P4p.... Either way if they release something that competes with the P4p it's good for me. I can buy a new reduced cost P4p or jump up to the new bird.

The Mavic is my first drone and it appealed as I could take it out with me when cycling or walking the dog and it's been great for that, I've had a lot of fun seeing familiar landscapes from a completely different angle. I would like a better camera but APS-C or better is not realistic for the size and I just wouldn't use a larger drone the way I do the Mavic.

I'm well aware that DJI customer service is poor and will just have to live with that if there's a problem with a Mavic, it's purely a fun thing for me so I'm not relying on it and there's not really anything else like it.

John

P4p is pretty good

This is not exactly accurate. I have been using their products for a while. I had some issues with my P3p and had to send my bird in twice. Both times the service was excellent. I received my P3 back in less than a week both times.

Are you related to Frank Wang, DJI CEO by any chance? ;)

Love the Mavic!

I had a P3S for a few months but then when the Mavic arrived the P3 headed straight onto craigslist.

Great portability, understated sexy looks, impressive media from such a teeny camera... yeah, Mavic's a keeper.

If my wife and my mavic were both on a sinking ship and I could only save one...

... well, let's just say I have too many accessories for the mavic to let them go to waste.

Is it legal to marry a drone in Texas?

Is it legal to marry a drone in Texas?

If it is, I volunteer to be your best man. But it might be tough to find a preacher.

Preacher: Do you, Trayboz, take this drone to be your lawful wedded wife?

TB: Yes, I do.

Preacher: Do you, Mavic, take this man to be your lawful wedded husband?

Mavic: Beep beep beep beep

By the power vested in me by the AMA, I now pronounce you husband and drone. You may now kiss the drone.

There wont be a dry eye in the house, and Im sure your dad will like her too.

After a year you might need to trade her in for a new model because her "refresh" will expire if she hasnt crashed or flown away before then.

Last edited:
P4p is pretty good
1in sensors are good for the size and I use them regularly in compact cameras but they're still limited particularly in their dynamic range. I have toyed with the idea of a P4P but for me I don't think the 1in sensor is worth the extra size of the drone.

This is not exactly accurate. I have been using their products for a while. I had some issues with my P3p and had to send my bird in twice. Both times the service was excellent. I received my P3 back in less than a week both times.[/QUOTE]

I would say it is accurate, the P3P is not a Mavic which there seems to be far more problems with which will hopefully get better in time but right now that's the way it is.

John

Reactions: willhay555
REALLY?!?!?!?!?

How do you know the specs of the mythical Mavic 2 are better?

Why would they make a second one that wasn't better? And even if it had lower specs, it's possible that it would be more stable, and I am just worried to have something potentially break, with or without being my fault.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman