DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Maybe this is the reason why DJI is dealing the first shipments? :

What do you think? Seems not good this... Did they do something wrong??
▼▼▼

In regards to the Phantom dropping altitude at the beginning of the clip:
I think they didn't change the Maximum flight altitude & Radius Limits from the default values. According the manual:
Maximum Flight Altitude = GPS Signal Weak Blinking Yellow (the REMOTE says MAX ALT).
Flight Limits: Height is restricted to 26 feet (8 meters)when the GPS signal is weak and Downward Vision System is activated. Height is restricted to 164 feet (50 meters) when the GPS signal is weak and Downward Vision System is inactivated.

Looking at the video, VPS is active and NO GPS, therefore it will ascend/descend to find 26 feet. Notice when he gets more GPS, it can then ascend. If he read the manual, he could of disabled OA (by switching to sports) and this would give him 50m max height..

Change the thread title. Its 100% operator error.
RTFM!!!! kidding... as I dont think its available..
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11169540/Mavic/Mavic-Pro-User-Manual-2016-09.pdf

This is the issue with the video. It seems that many pre-production units didn't ship with instructions so maybe not totally their fault.

Reactions: ArcticFlightman
I just cancelled my flight battery order with yitamotor and placed an order with Apple Store pick up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered very early and made the "priority" group of the first 100 orders on Amazon through their DJI store. This is what I see when I check my order status (should have shipped on the 17th per what they said for the priority group):
FullSizeRender-1.jpg

When did you order and what time (w/time zone)? How do you know you were in the priority group of the first 100? Mine still says October 26th and I don't think I was in the "priority group"?

When did you order and what time (w/time zone)? How do you know you were in the priority group of the first 100? Mine still says October 26th and I don't think I was in the "priority group"?
I ordered 10:05am PST on the 27th. When I ordered, the DJI store on amazon had a blurb about a priority group (See image). I also emailed them and the confirmed it had not yet filled up. I had already ordered so I knew I was in it.
Screen%20Shot%202016-10-19%20at%204.04.01%20PM.png

Maybe this is the reason why DJI is delaying the first shipments? :

What do you think? Seems not good this... or did these guys do something wrong??
No **** there's an OBSTACLE.... the floor LMAO :D

I'll just throw this into here... The GoPro Karma is also being delayed and might not get to most countries until next year!
To me this points to a global manufacturing/shipping issue rather than some conspiracy.
For interest the Karma was not up for pre-order and most certainly doesn't have anywhere here the interest/demand of the Mavic and the promised in-store date of 23/10/16 has now changed to "Coming Soon"

Stupid-Stupid-Stupid

NO laws are broken in-fact the FTC allows them 30 days to refund. There is no legal recourse, total bafoonery.
To each their own, I guess.. might be able to get a lifetime of the latest drones if you play your cards right.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drsmurph