DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

That's exactly what people were complaining about, well more the same thing that gamestop does, selling you a brand new game without it being sealed. I read the email that they got and drone world said something along the lines of "we open, inspect, and test all of our drones prior to shipping so that you will receive a 100% working drone." I will try to find out where I seen this, but I do remember reading it after I bought my $109 dbs range extender and they are asking $499 for the same thing. That is why I researched. Maybe customers pay more for employees to use their items prior to purchase,

Here is one where drone world wanted someone to PAY for the firmware upgrade, and also the question about if the item was opened prior to shipping.

DRONE WORLD....are they legit???

So is it bad that I may or may not have crashed it twice today, the second time on my flight directly after the previous crash. I was demonstrating the returning to home feature to a friend, but the GPS was way off and it was getting very close to my literal home. I took over manual control to move it away from my home as it was within a few feet and I pressed the controller in the wrong direction and successfully moved it those extra few feet needed to crash into the side of my house. This time it hit a window, crash landed on concrete and destroyed 2 more props and took a chunk of plastic out of the front (and the battery came out as part of the crash). That said, I picked out the best of my remaining props and it still flies ok. So I will say, overall this thing is pretty resilient when it comes to crashes. That said, I just bought a bunch of spare props via the DJI store and I am glad I have DJI care. As eventually I will have a crash bad enough to want it replaced with a new one.

Its not bad. It shows you are enjoying the Mavic.
I applaud your willingness to disclose "pilot error" . There are those that seem to think it is taboo to mention that they may have been to blame for a crash. They want to just pretend that they are awesome pilots all the time and in all circumstances. I believe that your crashes are pretty mild compared to the ones that we will see and hear about in the coming months. It has made me conscious of needing to order some essentials like extra props for those times where I break some.

I ordered the Fly More package that comes with extras , but I know that I will need more than that.

Its great to hear that the Mavic Pro is truly a robust quadcopter and will take a few slams without disintegrating into lots of strewn pieces.

Its great to hear that the Mavic Pro is truly a robust quadcopter and will take a few slams without disintegrating into lots of strewn pieces.

Yeah, I was surprised that it fell 15' onto hard concrete and still works with only really surface and prop damage. I would have thought for sure the camera / gimbal would have failed to initialize; especially as I didn't have the protective cover on it.

If you go to the Dji store, it now states the micro USB cable to mini is no longer included

Could this be the hold up? They did not have enough cables that were originally included in our pre orders but they may not have em

I read somewhere to that drone world opens all of their drones and flies them before shipping. I haven't seen anything good about drone world. They want $499 for a dbs range extender that cost $109. I wouldn't trust them at all. I read several reviews that their item was opened by drone world prior to shipping. Drone world says it is to ensure the item is operating as it should. But what about activation? That is what I was wondering as well.

Drone world targets people new to the hobby, or too rich to care.

I applaud their capitalism as a red blooded American, but they take gouging to a whole new level!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Drone world is the absolutely sleaziest company out there. They literally skate the edges of legality. They simply take cheap products and slap their name on it and claim they invented it and throw on a 400% markup. The owner should likely be sued.

Yeah, I was surprised that it fell 15' onto hard concrete and still works with only really surface and prop damage. I would have thought for sure the camera / gimbal would have failed to initialize; especially as I didn't have the protective cover on it.

Jason
Sorry you crashed man. I ordered the warranty refresh as well. Did yours ship with the Mavic. My order says refresh will ship at a later date along with a spare battery. But I thought we had to register within 48 hours. I bought direct from DJI. Do you have yours?

Thanks Bill

If you go to the Dji store, it now states the micro USB cable to mini is no longer included

Could this be the hold up? They did not have enough cables that were originally included in our pre orders but they may not have em
This is not true. The site indicates that the reverse micro USB cable is not included, and it never was. The other three cable variants are included in the box.

Got my shipping info today. In origin facility now, ships out tomorrow. Wednesday 11/2 delivery to sw ohio.

Ordered fly more Sept 27th.
Would you mind sharing the time (and time zone) that you received notification? My order was placed three hours after yours, so I'm trying to gauge my shipment window.

I called DJI again this morning, and talked to another supervisor. Like the previous person I spoke with a week or two ago, he was very (very) nice, and very willing to try to get me an answer, because he was "curious also."

Ultimately, after he asked around the office and spoke with different people, he couldn't give me anything about shipping dates. He did share some interesting information, however:

1) although he said it was just "word around the office," the reason his office suspects for the delays is that there simply aren't any units manufactured and available to ship because certain Chinese channels were allowed to order "before America or Europe" and there "wasn't any stock leftover for those orders." He said that cannot be confirmed, but it's what they suspect happened, and now it's a big mess.

2) I asked about how this will effect repairs and warranty services (because he told me that he is a supervisor in a repair facility in California), and he said that they've got lots of Mavic parts in stock, and estimated turn around is currently 2 weeks for Mavic repairs. BUT, if the "damage is bad enough," then "those repairs might take longer, waiting for a replacement unit."

I thought I'd pass this information along, because this has come up several times in conversation and speculation.

This guy was by far the nicest, most willing-to-help individual I've ever communicated with at DJI. It honestly gave me hope for DJI as a company. It's just too bad he's a minority within the company.

You guys who ordered Fly More on Sept 27 and got shipping notices; what time did you order your drone? They haven't gotten to all of the orders on 9/27 yet; no movement on an order put in at 22:36 UTC that day.

Was really really hoping to have it in hand by November 4 for a cool shooting opportunity, but I've started to lose hope.

You guys who ordered Fly More on Sept 27 and got shipping notices; what time did you order your drone? They haven't gotten to all of the orders on 9/27 yet; no movement on an order put in at 22:36 UTC that day.

Was really really hoping to have it in hand by November 4 for a cool shooting opportunity, but I've started to lose hope.

I ordered my Fly More Combo at 19:44 (UTC) on the 27th and it shipped late in the day yesterday in Shenzhen. Delivery is supposed to be by Wednesday morning. Hang in there you got to be getting close

Should be shipped sometime this week for us both. I ordered 9/27 at 21:24. With a bit of luck you`ll receive a shipping notice on Monday.

I know what you mean. We ordered it when it was out and our brains started getting busy with planning the stuff we are gonna do. Then the disappointment comes as the drones doesn't materialise and each opportunity slips away. It's frustrating.

Original Sept 27 DJI store via Amazon date set for Mavic was Oct 18-26
Fed ex info sent out Weds. Scheduled to arrive Monday the 31st
It came in today! I had to turn around my day to get home for the truck..

It took a few hours to get everything charged up..
and there are a few things that take little set up time..
and compass calibration..
so as it came too late for flight..I just put it up in the air for a minute and then landed it..
can't wait for tomorrow..

And perfect, days off coming up..

Reactions: TopQuark

If you look at the chart at the beginning of this thread, you'll see that only a little more than 1/2 of the orders placed 9/27 directly with DJI have shipped. If the current pace continues, I would be surprised if yours didn't ship this week sometime. I have a 9/29 order that feels hopeless right now since NONE of the orders placed on 9/29 with DJI have shipped.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147