DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

PST = Pacific Standard Time, PDT = Pacific Daylight Time, or Pacific Time during Daylight Savings.

Daylight Savings (PDT) is currently in effect, whereas PST is not. So... 23:46 UTC is 04:46 pm PDT. In other words, you ordered 24 minutes before I did. :)

PST or PDT all that matters is UTC and my official UTC time is 23:46 which is the only standard being used.

Also in a few days PDT and PST will be switched compared to UTC which does not conform

Last edited:
Eff this. I'm cancelling my Amazon order through E ZEE Electronics. Worst online buying experience ever! Go eff yourself , DJI...

PST or PDT all that matters is UTC and my official UTC time is 23:46 which is the only standard being used
Thank you for confirming!

Our spreadsheet in this thread uses PDT, which is what I had been looking at, which is why I got confused.

Hopefully ours ship tonight/tomorrow and it won't matter! :)

I just went on DJI chat to check my order ( I ordered direct from them). There were 41 people in line to chat. Do you think I waited? Well do ya punk? (Harry Callahan voice)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What is interesting is if you google for the current time 23:46 UTC google says is 3:46 Pacific Time. which would then suggest the spreadsheet is incorrect

Eff this. I'm cancelling my Amazon order through E ZEE Electronics. Worst online buying experience ever! Go eff yourself , DJI...
You should have waited for the delivery date of November 2nd to pass, they you can give negative feedback. That's my intentions.

Reactions: Hugabeen
You should have waited for the delivery date of November 2nd to pass, they you can give negative feedback. That's my intentions.
Just went in to cancel. They already cancelled it. Can't leave feedback. But I am very vigorously screaming into the Universe!

So Amazon screwed me. Lost a whole effing month for nothing! Back to square one. Any recommendations who I should go through?

What is interesting is if you google for the current time 23:46 UTC google says is 3:46 Pacific Time. which would then suggest the spreadsheet is incorrect
Odd. Google gives me the correct time conversion (4:46 pm PT). Anyway, it doesn't matter. Thanks! :)

Ordered mine here in the U.K. on the 5th October direct from dji..... still pending

So Amazon screwed me. Lost a whole effing month for nothing! Back to square one. Any recommendations who I should go through?
How did it Amazon screw you? You just said eff this I'm canceling my order. It sounds like they did you a favor.

Reactions: ___
Shipping Updates:

Post your retailer, order date (PDT if possible), and ship out date when available!

Link to Shipping Updates

Don't forget to get back to this thread to post your shipment date as soon as it is available.

Summary by date shipments and retailer with heat map now available.

Click the "Likey" below if you like the new format. ;)
I was just cancelled by E ZEE Electronics from my order on 10/03/16. So I just placed a new order for the Basic Package through Newegg 10/31/2016 4:55:08 PM

How did it Amazon screw you? You just said eff this I'm canceling my order. It sounds like they did you a favor.
I got an email from them saying they would hold my place in line. Then they emailed me again and said that I would have to wait a few weeks and try ordering again. I went online to cancel and discovered they had already cancelled my order form 10/03/16. They screwed me because I never had a chance. The choice wasn't even mine. They screwed me because I lost a month by trusting that they were going to take care of their customers. They screwed me because they had no business playing in the game in the first place.

I just went on DJI chat to check my order ( I ordered direct from them). There were 41 people in line to chat. Do you think I waited? Well do ya punk? (Harry Callahan voice)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was in that line (third time since beginning of last week)! Until I got hung up on by the DJI rep after asking why Newegg was getting orders to customers faster than DJI direct :D

Reactions: Zeroescence
No kidding, something serious has got to be going on and I'm wondering if I even want one of the pre-production units at this point (which is what the relative smattering of units shipped so far seem to be.) Given that winter is coming on it may be better to just wait a few months for 'Rev 2'.

I seriously think you keep saying this so ppl cancel.

got of the horn with support. email first asking for update told me i would see a november 7th ship date. i ordered the 2nd of OCT.
now they cant tell me when.

lack of email support please answer

Chat started
Please wait for an agent. There are currently 12 visitor(s) waiting to be served.

【System Message】
Dear customers, Thank you for choosing DJI. The system is transferring the chat to operator service. Please wait.

尊敬的用户,感谢您选择DJI,正在帮您转接人工服务,请稍候~

Our operators are busy at the moment. Please leave a message , and we'll get back to you shortly.非常抱歉,让您久等了,目前客服坐席忙,稍后会有客服回复你您的。感谢您的耐心等待。

Jewel joined the chat

Jewel
Hello, welcome to DJI online store.My name is Jewel. How may I help you today?

hello

i have had email communication from you actually

i have sent two requests now with no follow up on my order

Liu said to wait till china support is on which i believe is your teams

how can i tell when my order will ship or at least get an eta

Jewel
Please wait a moment. I will check for you.

XXXXXXXXX

Jewel
Your order will be shipped within this month.

what does within this month mean?

its oct here

so november?

when we first spoke you said first week of november

Jewel
November.

has that changed?

am i looking at early or late November?

Jewel
Sorry I am not sure now.

where am i at in the queue?

the company is shipping mavic combos but there is no way to determine where i am in the queue or when it will ship?

Jewel
I am afraid I have no idea on that.

is there any plan for DJI to provide incentives to us as we are waiting well beyond the ship date eta etc?

this is pretty ridiculous

i am not blaming you at all

Jewel
I am afraid not at the moment.

CSR is just taking the heat i get it

but 1400 dollars have been taken and nothing can be told

other than November-- no where in those 30 days can you tell me when ill get it

Jewel
Even though we are not sure, we will keep you updated by email.

Jewel thank you. please forgive my frustration as it is not directed at you. just with the company.

Jewel
I understand that.

if possible i would appreciate a response to my email inquiries to document the support

Jewel
No problem.

Thank you and have a great day

Jewel
XXXXX

Is this your email?

yes

Jewel
Chat transcript will be sent after this conversation ends.

thanks

Jewel
My pleasure.

This thread has turned very abrasive. The situation totally sucks, DJI has failed in launching this product in numerous ways, and any testament to this will go undisputed.

However, I personally think that if we could focus on helping each other determine the most effective methods of securing the product, by sharing information, news, and order updates, then we might feel better about our purpose in participating in this thread altogether.

If there are those who decide to cancel their orders, I think that's absolutely reasonable, but then I also think it renders this particular thread (pre-order, shipping times) less relevant to those individuals at this time.

While I don't think the thread needs to be strictly on-topic, I do think a healthier, more positive attitude would go a long way toward diminishing frustration and promoting excitement. What do you think?

However, I personally think that if we could focus on helping each other determine the most effective methods of securing the product, by sharing information, news, and order updates, then we might feel better about our purpose in participating in this thread altogether.

Newegg is taking orders for 3 more hours. While past performance is no guarantee of future results, if I were looking for a mavic and hadn't ordered one yet I'd order it there

DJI Mavic PRO Mini Drones Portable Hobby RC Quadcopter-Newegg.com

Reactions: Smallz and djholt
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d