DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Received mine on Monday Oct 31 I just opened it and charged it and updated and Registered it today. P.S. Combo I order plus a spare battery I have 3 now.

Attachments

• 2016-11-02 13.11.32.jpg
    2016-11-02 13.11.32.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 112
  • 2016-11-02 13.11.54.jpg
    2016-11-02 13.11.54.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 113
Reactions: Smallz
Received mine on Monday Oct 31 I just opened it and charged it and updated and Registered it today. P.S. Combo I order plus a spare battery I have 3 now.

Does they fly more come with only 2 batteries total. I thought it was 3.

1 that came with the mavic plus an additional 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I tried chatting with DJI. Before I could even ask a question, she immediately refused to help me, and told me to send an email, and then disconnected the chat session. Too bad none of my emails have received any response in the last 7-10 days.
Same here. I have sent several emails and all I get is crickets.

i saw that also...i guess it's kind of convenient...but really i would expect it to charge them all at one time. i don't know. i am up during the day and i will charge them all one by one. like that charger does anyways lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Seeing that pic of the three batteries on the charger makes me realize that DJI built it that way to sell a fourth battery to obsessive compulsive drone fliers, whether or not they need that many. #unbalanced
It worked on me.

Left a release for Fed Ex to leave the package, and got a note that the box had been delivered as I was going to pick up my son rom school.

Got home expecting to see a large box by the door. (Remember, I had a Phantom 1 and 3P before this). My heart sank when I pulled in the driveway and looked at the porch. No large box. Had someone stolen my Mavic in the hour between delivery and me getting home?

Then I got to the porch and there was a tiny box behind one of the porch chairs. No way that had the Mavic and Fly More Combo and case! But... It did!

I'd seen unboxings here and a zillion YouTube videos, but none really got across how TINY the shipping box is for a drone plus all those accessories! Wow.

Did a quick test and everything powered on and the firmware updated. Now charging the batteries and hoping the rain stays away for a few hours so I can do a quick test flight! :)

Email today from Koozam / Amazon. They are being very vague on how many they are getting from DJI. That word "few" scares me.

"We hope to have all units shipped to our customers before December, however we cannot know that for sure, we know as much as you do, we just get notifications that we are getting very few units on a daily basis

Customer Service Koozam Inc"

note that they charge one by one, even with the 4 ways charger. so you can swap a battery after you flew another one - having 5 won't charge "faster" due to that.

also it takes 1h20 (80min) to charge a battery and theres about 20min of flight time per battery (4*20=80min flight time total), so in fact, with 4 batteries you can technically fly "non-stop" ;-) (of course, a fifth battery would make that easier lol)
Except that you should allow the battery to cool before and after charging and wouldn't that over heat the motors being in the air after some time?

Except that you should allow the battery to cool before and after charging and wouldn't that over heat the motors being in the air after some time?
Also you will need to charge your phone and the Controller... may be can use this time to cool down the engines ;)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

if anyone here is new to drones. the mavic controller and the mavic itself use lipo batteries. always let these cool after use because most likely they will be warm or hot. charging one that is hot could possibly cause it to catch fire and if it doesn't cause a fire and charges fine it will seem fine, but that reduces the battery life a lot. i made a lot of mistakes with lipos when i first started, like discharging them below 3 volts and i couldn't charge it anymore and i wasn't going to do the dangerous things others do to bring it back to life. treat your lipos with care and please buy a lipo safe bag. you don't have to and these smart batteries are much much safer than regular lipo batteries but id still suggest it. lipos can be unpredictable. you don't need a bag if you feel safe and dji batteries are excellent and control themselves basically, just be careful.

Any word from anyone who ordered from a dealer besides DJI direct, or Newegg yet? Seems like most of us are feeling pretty defeated. Let's not forget what this thread is all about. They still haven't done right by us.

Aim to find on Amazon told me they shipped 6 earlier this week and are expecting more by the 15th.. seems to be similar to everyone else, for whatever that is worth

Reactions: Hugabeen
Any word from anyone who ordered from a dealer besides DJI direct, or Newegg yet? Seems like most of us are feeling pretty defeated. Let's not forget what this thread is all about. They still haven't done right by us.
Well I get screwed twice, once by EZ and Once by BestBuy

Reactions: Hugabeen

I ordered from @Advexure . So far they have always been straight and answer any questions and concerns at the earliest convenience which usually is very quickly. I have sent them 5 emails in one day before and they probably hate me now lol. The fact is, they answer every single one to the best of their ability. You cannot blame a dealer for not having a product that they have no control over. They will get them when they get them. This can only be others decision, but as far as i'm concerned, until Advexure blows me off or i never receive a product, it is the best customer support I have ever had. I would not be the only one to say that. If you are looking for somewhere to order from, do you research if you want and pick one you trust. If Advexure wasn't on your mind and you come to the end of the line, I guarantee Advexure will deliver, again this isn't promising fast delivery, but they keep you posted and they will get you your product and they are an authorized DJI retailer. Ultimately it is up to you, if you come up with nothing, try advexure.

Reactions: Advexure
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure