DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

So, according to the email sent to us by DJI, this will be the plan to ship our orders! What do you think? Comments?

This is taking into account that they stated in the "next 7 to 8 weeks", I took the worst case scenario.

Week # Dates Order Date
Week 1 Nov 7 - 11 Sep 28 - Oct 2
Week 2 Nov 14 - 18 Oct 3 - 7
Week 3 Nov 21 - 25 Oct 8 - 12
Week 4 28 - Dec 2 Oct 13 - 17
Week 5 Dec 5 - 9 Oct 18 - 22
Week 6 Dec 12 - 16 Oct 23 - 27
Week 7 Dec 19 - 23 Oct 28 - Nov 1
Week 8 Dec 26 - 30 Nov 2 ->

Reactions: ___
So, according to the email sent to us by DJI, this will be the plan to ship our orders! What do you think? Comments?

This is taking into account that they stated in the "next 7 to 8 weeks", I took the worst case scenario.

Week # Dates Order Date

Is it more likely that instead of increasing ships linearly, they will speed up as the weeks go by? If this is more likely, many of the early orders still have a significant wait. Any reason to believe one or the other scenarios?

I just wonder if E Zees orders placed on early October that have been canceled on the customer side, will still arrive. and if so whether they'll arrive earlier and theyll really offer them to those who've been cancelled first.

Week # Dates Order Date

They will probably spend more time fulfilling the first couple of days, than later in the period. Let's say 6 weeks to complete the orders until 15th of october and 2 weeks for the rest. All "Guestimates" ofc.

They will probably spend more time fulfilling the first couple of days, than later in the period. Let's say 6 weeks to complete the orders until 15th of october and 2 weeks for the rest. All "Guestimates" ofc.
We can also asume that the first 2 - 3 weeks of preorders take longer to ship since there are more orders to ship. But really who knows! I have mine pre ordered Oct 6. Im from Ecuador and I will be traveling to the states the end of November to hopefully pick up my Mavic. So I wish that schedule sticks, or else Im screwed.

Any news of DJI direct orders being shipped today or are we still seeing a hold in shipping?

I would think once they get through the first week or so of orders things should start going more quickly. I would imagine there was a big spike of orders the first days to week then it probably dropped off to a more steady number.

I personally think DJI have moved the focus onto getting some stock to the large resellers such as Amazon etc to keep them happyish - I think/feel direct order shipments have stalled for now.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: moocows42
I personally think DJI have moved the focus onto getting some stock to the large resellers such as Amazon etc to keep them happyish - I think/feel direct order shipments have stalled for now.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I think that there's some validity to your statement. They'r going to have to start shipping the reseller orders before too long.

I was too impatient to see a package with DJI written on it, so I went ahead and ordered the Osmo mobile. should be at my doorstep tomorrow. In 3 days flat :-|

I ordered a Mobile a month ago. Still waiting, I suppose because I ordered a Mavic with. I emailed a request to split the order, but no response.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can add me as ordered from Advexure 10/22 combo pkg

Playing with a P4 meanwhile...Mike and Travis have been good about providing good solid realistic updates

To those who would like to be in the database. Please submit the following:
  1. Retailer (If Amazon, indicate the storefront)
  2. Date purchased
  3. Time purchased. (Optional)
  4. Package. (Either Basic or Fly More)
You can find the database here:

Mavic Pro Shipments - Mavicpilots.com

Only orders on or before Oct 31 will be included. Sorry if orders were placed Nov 1st and beyond.

Will EZ October buyers be moved back into the list, if their Mavics ship in the next 2-3 weeks ?

In manufacturing, a few key and fundamental metrics are:
1-How many orders you have for a product
2-How many of those products you can build a day
3-How long it will take you to fulfill the orders

I appreciate the latest update as it is a much better effort to communicate with customers. However, what we really want to know is when we will receive the orders. Why should we have to play guessing games at it? It makes me wonder if DJI doesn't know these fundamental metrics for their business. Or- if they just choose not to tell us. If they know the information, it would seem to take a relatively small amount of effort to send individual emails to customers giving them an update on when to expect their individual orders instead of a shotgun email that gives a range up to two months. The effort to do this would seem to be less work than fielding all the inquiries by chat, email, etc. to customer support.

Here's my current situation:
From Amazon: The following order(s) placed on 9/29/2016 with Drone World, will be canceled if the order is not ship-confirmed by 11/5/2016.
To Drone World through Amazon: I received an email from Amazon saying that if my item is not ship confirmed by November 5th that my order will be cancelled. There is high demand for this item and I do not want my order to be canceled which would push me to the back of the line if I reordered. Is there any way to prevent this and keep my order in tact? Also any information about when my item will ship is appreciated. Thank you.
From Drone World: Thank you for contacting us. Your estimated shipping window is still from Mon, Oct 31, 2016 to Mon, Nov 14, 2016. The email you received was from Amazon and is something we are trying to resolve with them on their end, so that these notifications stop going out. Thank you for your patience, Drone-World.

Excuse double post but I should add that drone world has since changed my order status to shipped but without any tracking information. they likely did this just to keep my order from being cancelled. Im not getting my hopes up...

In manufacturing, a few key and fundamental metrics are:
1-How many orders you have for a product
2-How many of those products you can build a day
3-How long it will take you to fulfill the orders

I appreciate the latest update as it is a much better effort to communicate with customers. However, what we really want to know is when we will receive the orders. Why should we have to play guessing games at it? It makes me wonder if DJI doesn't know these fundamental metrics for their business. Or- if they just choose not to tell us. If they know the information, it would seem to take a relatively small amount of effort to send individual emails to customers giving them an update on when to expect their individual orders instead of a shotgun email that gives a range up to two months. The effort to do this would seem to be less work than fielding all the inquiries by chat, email, etc. to customer support.

Their statement is nothing more than a weak attempt at seeming like they actually give a crap. Trust me, they understand the fundamental metric of their business. You don't become a company valued at a billion dollars without understanding basic manufacturing principles. Also keep in mind it's China....they have manufacturing down to a science. They know exactly how many Mavics are coming out of that factory every hour, day, and week.

The best part of their statement was the part about "an issue integrating a part into the Mavic". So what you're telling is you held a product release in NYC, complete with all the major fanfare.....BEFORE you even figured out how to integrate all the parts into the Mavic? Total BS. Not buying a word of it. The whole thing is just a lame attempt at making people who pre-ordered say "awwwww see, DJI really does care".

Reactions: ___ and Chris
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne