DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

I've never tracked a DJI release before but surely had any shipped over the weekend there would be stores in Hong Kong selling them or at least delivering them locally? Once we see Mavic videos being posted on YT not from pre-release units that's when we can start to anticipate delivery outside of China/HK..

We all know that apple store is selling dji since the P4.... I'm going to get it there when its gonna be available, but apparently they don't sell the combo version in AS....so bummed..anyway.......
For best view ipad mini 4 or iphone 7 plus?

Ordered 3rd Oct with DJI online and was just on line with DJI and usual bla bla that pre orders will ship mid Oct but as today already 17th.............and that they will send me a email when shipping so not hopeful to get this month.I am a little miffed as they have already booked off the total amount.............

We all know that apple store is selling dji since the P4.... I'm going to get it there when its gonna be available, but apparently they don't sell the combo version in AS....so bummed..anyway.......
For best view ipad mini 4 or iphone 7 plus?
iPhone 7 Plus is REALLY nice!

yeah never had an ios device b4 so.... but since the gn7 is exploding i decided to switch to appl

Let's stay on topic here folks...

I pre-ordered Sept 27 from DJI through Amazon and asked for some more details and for this back today:

Thank you for contacting DJI official store.

For now, we cannot tell you an exact shipping date, but we will definitely ship it on a first-come-first-served basis.
After shipped it out, it will take about 3 to 5 days for you to get the package. We will use Fedex and will ship it from China.

We will try our best to ship the order out as soon as possible and will let you know the tracking number.
Thank you for your kindly patience.

Have a great day! :
Best Regards
Ella
DJI Official Store

So hopefully that helps answer where from and how, now just need to know when...

Z

I'm trying to tell myself that it will be out when it's ready and there is nothing I can do to speed up the process, but so far it isn't working, I still check this thread and r/djimavic every hour.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Vineshk
I feel your pain! Have not been this anxious about a piece of tech in some time. Almost wished I didn't pre-order.

I feel your pain! Have not been this anxious about a piece of tech in some time. Almost wished I didn't pre-order.
From the look of things, if didn't pre-order you will have to wait for at least a month, so it is good that you did pre-order.

DJI store has now changed the shipping estimation date to "Within November".
Earlier it said "mid October".

Let's hope that's for new order

Yes that crossed my mind that it can be for new orders? But it wouldn't surprise me if DJI has pushed forward the shipping date on the first orders, that is pretty common with DJI. I think its best to count with some delays, if no delays then thats a bonus.

Personally i just wait until it hits the stores and DJI has figured out problems with the first firmwares that is common on newly released DJI drones. I don't want to be a test pilot. That is my personal opinion.
Also no stress about when to receive the drone etc. I have no problems waiting a couple of extra weeks for the drone.
It will be nice to watch videos on Youtube uploaded by the first Mawic owners while waiting for it to hit the stores.

funny that you say that lol
That's awesome! Do you work for UPS? When my Mavic ships can I call UPS and request it be held at the UPS hub near where I live so I can show up that morning and pick up vs waiting for driver?

Also I feel that they are giving these mid November dates as a safety cushion so people don't get upset at delays, but I think they will arrive before then. I could be wrong.

Delays in shipping could cause some customers to jump over and get a Karma if GoPro gets their product launch right!

Is it me or does anyone see GoPro starting to fade out in the next few years?

Oh and one last update to this thread. Drone Nerds is expecting a shipment mid October like everyone else, however if you place a order with them at this point I wouldn't expect till mid November. I think the first batch are already claimed.

I got this email this morning from DJI.

Ann (DJI)

Oct 17, 18:50 CST

Dear Rai,

Thank you so much for contacting DJI online store.

Mavic Pro orders have exceeded supply and we are working as quickly as possible to fulfill orders. The first batch of Mavic
preorders will be shipped from Mid October on first come first served basis.

As of now, we do not have a specific shipping date, however as soon as your Mavic Pro ships we will contact you by email.

Your kind understanding and patience will be much appreciated.

Best Regards
DJI Online Store

Best Regards
DJI Online Store

The final version should be released as soon as the first round of shipments go out. Send me your email and I'll email you the (Non Final) version of it if you want.
[email protected]

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique