DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Wow, Advexure has been getting good press on the forum but if they have resorted to selling product at a 'premium' (above retail) that is not a very positive recommendation.
Which is exactly why I have been posting. There are so many people singing praise for Advexure but they have been doing some shady dealings this weekend and that is only because they got caught. Who knows what else they've done. Their reasoning for selling batteries at a premium was that DJI would prefer to not have unauthorized sellers (meaning the ebay flippers) so they took it upon themselves to regulate the market by selling batteries to the highest offers via PM on this forum. It actually regulates the market better by selling the stock of batteries they had for retail prices because then people aren't starving for batteries and paying the $250 ebay asking price. If stock is plentiful there is no reason for anyone to pay absurd prices, it was just Advexure being greedy.

It would be hard to imagine anything more frustrating than a Mavic with a single battery :D

First of all, the people who want them urgently is going to pay the price for urgency. Second of all if you go to the @Advexure site you can by them for the same price as any other retailer. If people were dumb enough to pay that price just to get something quick, that is not Advexures fault, that's the impatient idiots fault.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

That IS Advexure's fault. I ordered batteries from them after I saw their post. I did not have my order fulfilled even though they admitted to having stock they just wanted to sell to the highest bidders. I made my order well before they said "SOLD" on that thread. I also had an email exchange with them Friday (their shady dealings took place on Saturday) where I asked about battery stock and they told me they wouldn't have enough to fulfill their backorders let alone sell to any new orders and I would have to wait until the next shipment. That is a lie clearly. I asked for a follow up when they had more information and I never heard anything.

And here you go, admin's deleting posts that saying anything bad about what Advexure has done. We don't have the right to free speech here if it affects a sponsor. Mind you a sponsor that probably bought some of the "surplus" batteries that Advexure was selling based on that thread.

Advexure4.png

Reactions: AliAs
If people were dumb enough to buy a battery for that price it's on them, not @Advexure . I live in West Virginia, I don't believe Advexure operates here, so no I'm not an employee.

Like I said , if all those who ordered already have received theirs I wouldn't say much ... more power to them but I still wouldn't respect them as a legitimate business just a place that makes a bad name for small businesses because we both know apple an Bestbuy wouldn't do this ... it called reputation. But I would expect this from a hustler :cool:

In photography sales, Sony regulate their retailers pretty strictly in the UK (and I guess the rest of the world). Anyone caught selling at a price different from Sony's RRP swiftly moves to the bottom of the pile for deliveries. this was a big problem recently when Sony stock was rarer than rocking horse poop. I suspect DJI will do the same with any retailer they find profiteering on DJI's early deliveries.

Reactions: AliAs
And here you go, admin's deleting posts that saying anything bad about what Advexure has done. We don't have the right to free speech here if it affects a sponsor. Mind you a sponsor that probably bought some of the "surplus" batteries that Advexure was selling based on that thread.

View attachment 1146

Time to save their reputation lol Best Buy was bashed in other threads but they aren't paying so it's still here lol

Reactions: Exception
Advexure held a gun to your head and told you to order?

No, did someone hold a gun to your head and force you to buy a Mavic from somewhere? If you got line jumped for your mavic wouldn't that make you even the slightest bit upset? They sold batteries to profit at least $100 more than MSRP. What is stopping them from doing it with their mavic shipments? They now have a track record for doing it, maybe they are just not as obvious next time? Or maybe they've already done it?

No, did someone hold a gun to your head and force you to buy a Mavic from somewhere? If you got line jumped for your mavic wouldn't that make you even the slightest bit upset? They sold batteries to profit at least $100 more than MSRP. What is stopping them from doing it with their mavic shipments? They now have a track record for doing it, maybe they are just not as obvious next time? Or maybe they've already done it?

I'm done with the useless convo, it's going nowhere.

Reactions: ___ and AliAs
it's a real shame if this is true. As you say, there's nothing to say they haven't sold on their early mavic deliveries at a profit, if they're doing it subtly.

Defending them doing it seems a bit weird to me. A black market will not help this waiting game.

Reactions: moocows42
Soooooo any orders ship today (not batteries :p)

I heard apple sent a bunch out and I'm hoping Best Buy does as well. Waiting on my order from oct 4 from DJI direct

Advexure held a gun to your head and told you to order?

Let's keep the scenario but change the product. If a DJI authorized store had a mavic in stock but would only sell if for a premium price, you would be ok with that? So if Best Buy comes out later today and has 20 in stock, should they sell them for $999 or whatever someone is willing to pay? Keeping in mind they paid DJI their normal rate.

Let's keep the scenario but change the product. If a DJI authorized store had a mavic in stock but would only sell if for a premium price, you would be ok with that? So if Best Buy comes out later today and has 20 in stock, should they sell them for $999 or whatever someone is willing to pay? Keeping in mind they paid DJI their normal rate.
Your trying to make sense here lol it's not common anymore

I believe Advexures prices on the website are the same as every other website.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329