DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

P4p has 4K at 60fps? 10mph faster when in gps mode full obstical avoidance 20 mp camera and 30 min flight time :eek: I'm still sleeping apparently ... thought they were only coming out with an inspire 2 -and boom! Mic drop

The P4P is impressive, but I still can't believe they unveiled two products before fulfilling the Mavic, I thought it was crazy. They look great, but my god, make your Mavic customers happy first.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

The Karma isn't even comparable to the P3, GoPro has a lot to learn, but I guarantee they will eventually make good drones. On their first try the Karma wasn't awful. I just didn't want it, it's ugly, lol. They will make good drones though, it's their first one.

Karma = Poor mans Lambo = Mustang or Corvette

Mavic = Lamborghini

Karma was comparable to the p2 still don't know that I would say it would win that battle lol

More like
Karma = bus pass that expires in a week :D

The P4P is impressive, but I still can't believe they unveiled two products before fulfilling the Mavic, I thought it was crazy. They look great, but my god, make your Mavic customers happy first.
I sure can't argue against that. And if they are so strapped for manufacturing capacity that the Mavic is 2 months behind, how are they going to manufacture the P4 Pro and Inspire 2??? Or if they can then the suspicions of something being fishy with all the DJI Mavic production excuses sure seem to have a basis.

At least we know why DJI wasn't worried about the Mavic cannibalizing P4 sales. If anything it might be the other way around, except the small size and lower price of the Mavic may be enough of a differentiating factor, i.e. two different target customers. Convenience/cost/size vs. video quality and flight performance.

Oh, and if you order both you may get the Pro first. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: devinrhall
I sure can't argue against that. And if they are so strapped for manufacturing capacity that the Mavic is 2 months behind, how are they going to manufacture the P4 Pro and Inspire 2??? Or if they can then the suspicions of something being fishy with all the DJI Mavic production excuses sure seem to have a basis.

At least we know why DJI wasn't worried about the Mavic cannibalizing P4 sales. If anything it might be the other way around, except the small size and lower price of the Mavic may be enough of a differentiating factor, i.e. two different target customers. Convenience/cost/size vs. video quality and flight performance.

Oh, and if you order both you may get the Pro first. :D

I just know they better get these Mavics out to pre-orders and backorders before people get these two new products. I don't know who in their right mind would even pre-order one of those while still waiting on a Mavic. The Inspire 2 is whatever to me, don't need something like that, but that P4P is nuts, and I swear if i find out they've been producing these in between the Mavic and that's why the production is so slow, well, ****...I don't know.

I just know they better get these Mavics out to pre-orders and backorders before people get these two new products. I don't know who in their right mind would even pre-order one of those while still waiting on a Mavic.
I will never under any circumstances ever pre-order anything direct from DJI again, period. I will buy the product from an honest vendor as soon as they actually have something to sell me.

Fool me once...

Reactions: F6Rider and No1much
P4p available now
From who? Even DJI is saying 2-3 weeks for the drone and even longer for an extra battery (pay in advance of course, because you know, they learned their lesson.) No friggin' way anyone with any sense at all would trust that estimate.

Last edited:
It would not surprise me if the following scenario occurred:
  • DJI's original intent was to introduce the Mavic today alongside the P4 Pro and Inspire 2
  • They pushed up the Mavic introduction to counter the buzz on the Karma
  • They were expecting much more time to build Mavic inventory before the launch
  • With the early launch they were left scrambling to meet demand
Mind you, this is pure speculation.

Reactions: AliAs
I was hoping BestBuy would have it...I have a ton of reward points

Unbelievable, if I don't have 100 likes on saying that's unbelievable and terrible business and probably a complete lie, then nothing deserves a like. DJI, your Mavic will be my last product.

Edit: Until you learn how to do business the right way.

Can't deny tho .... they make the best product with no real competition other than their own customer service to give them a bad rep.

I was hoping BestBuy would have it...I have a ton of reward points
I have a 10% coupon for Best Buy but I either have to cancel the order and redo it including the discount or wait till it gets here then take it back for refund the apply it ... kind of a pain

ordered on apple.com today they had some available to be picked up today locally , already sent dji an email to cancel my 10/04 order.

Reactions: Spuds_McKenzie
ordered on apple.com today they had some available to be picked up today locally , already sent dji an email to cancel my 10/04 order.
When you ordered on apple did they show available at the time of purchase?

Guys come on!!! The Karma is so comparible and would blow the Mavic,Phantom,Inspire or any other drone out of the water if it was priced at about $9.99.Am I right or am I right???

Sent from my SM-G900V using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: AliAs

That's my read too. The two devices target different customers. The Mavic Pro is all about the compact size and cool form-follows-function design. It's portability should allow photographers to put it in action in a wide range of situations where a Phantom wouldn't be appropriate.

The Phantom series are far more photography focused. You probably won't be flying it FPV and you won't be casually tossing it in a bag and heading out. It takes more pre-planning if only due to its size.

No doubt there is crossover, but I doubt DJI sees it as a problem. Canabalizing their own product lines is a problem most companies only wish they had.

none are available anymore in my area (boston) I clicked on check availability under pickup and it showed a couple of stores ready to be picked up. after i bought it i got an email an hour later saying it was ready to be picked up. Already have it charging

That was this morning don't remember what triggered me to check but i remember reading something so i gave it a shot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329