DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

I got an email this morning from DJI that my order had shipped. Unfortunately it was my order for the bag and spare props. Got me excited for a moment. So the hold up on the fly more package is obviously not the bag or props.

I also received my Osmo Mobile yesterday that was part of the Mavic order on October 4 direct from DJI. Maybe I will actually get a shipping notice for a drone soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spuds_McKenzie
OK folks here's the recipe for getting a drone today. Call your local Apple Store and just say manager into the recording. This will transfer you to your local Apple Store once on the line with them ask them if they have any in stock. It appears most stores got at least one Mavic of the last one or two days. I am going and picking one up now. The rumor is correct in that if there is only one in stock it wont appear in the online inventory. A local Apple rep at the store confirmed this. Call around and I bet you'll get lucky, the key is to say manager into the voice recording to actually speak to someone at the local Apple Store.

As a person who's been waiting for a while I am minutes away from picking up my drone and I wanted to pass on my good fortune.

It worked! Got it plus they had spare props..only had one

Reactions: schpenxel
.... (drum roll) just got email from DJI that mine was shipped today (from shenzen) and will arrive Kuala Lumpur (malaysia) estimated by this Friday afternoon via DHL. Guessing it's just the Mavic Pro package while the extra batteries and props etc (Fly More) will come later, crossing my fingers nonetheless... will update once I got my hands on it..:D.. am updating the database after this..

If you ordered the combo, you will get the combo. That SKU is kitted and packaged in one box.

Reactions: maveric and Pricey
OK folks here's the recipe for getting a drone today. Call your local Apple Store and just say manager into the recording. This will transfer you to your local Apple Store once on the line with them ask them if they have any in stock. It appears most stores got at least one Mavic of the last one or two days. I am going and picking one up now. The rumor is correct in that if there is only one in stock it wont appear in the online inventory. A local Apple rep at the store confirmed this. Call around and I bet you'll get lucky, the key is to say manager into the voice recording to actually speak to someone at the local Apple Store.

As a person who's been waiting for a while I am minutes away from picking up my drone and I wanted to pass on my good fortune.

Luck you. I must have the employees from hell here. I VISITED the Tampa store before knowing about the manager trick. A bust. Orlando employees on the phone said "if it's not showing stock on line, then we don't have it". Brandon looked, but said all they have is the Phantom 4. Sarasota said their inventory shown online is in lockstep with what is in the store. All said they received two or three yesterday and they were sold out immediately.

Holy crap. It worked. Called the Nashville store and they had one although the web said none in stock. Flew over there and bought it. Huge thanks man

Reactions: maveric
Guess I'm hitting an Apple Store or two today!

Holy crap. It worked. Called the Nashville store and they had one although the web said none in stock. Flew over there and bought it. Huge thanks man
I been watching this thread looking for a "tip" or secret. Havent posted crap. I finally found a way to get to talk to a local apple store through the "manager" trick combined with the clues yesterday that indeed some folks saw apple stores were getting stock. I figured even if this helped one person get a drone today, it was worth posting. I cant believe I am finally charging my drone and controller, almost fully charged!!!

Reactions: Spuds_McKenzie
I been watching this thread looking for a "tip" or secret. Havent posted crap. I finally found a way to get to talk to a local apple store through the "manager" trick combined with the clues yesterday that indeed some folks saw apple stores were getting stock. I figured even if this helped one person get a drone today, it was worth posting. I cant believe I am finally charging my drone and controller, almost fully charged!!!
Yeah, it is bizzare that you and others like us we're able to score a Mavic just by walking into an Apple Store. Like others, I haven't cancelled all my pre orders yet. If they arrive soon I'll offer them to the other forum members

Just found an Apple Store with one!!!! Won't let me pay on the phone but he put it on hold!!!! I'm out On my way!!!

Reactions: ___
Are you finding these at smaller Apple stores or their larger ones?
I called three different ones one of them didn't answer the second one said that he didn't have it in stock the third one said he did have it but he couldn't sell it to me I would have to come into the store but he did agree to hold it for me so I'm on my way now hopefully I'll be posting a picture for the nonbelievers :)

I called three different ones one of them didn't answer the second one said that he didn't have it in stock the third one said he did have it but he couldn't sell it to me I would have to come into the store but he did agree to hold it for me so I'm on my way now hopefully I'll be posting a picture for the nonbelievers :)

Where are you located out of curiosity?

Map it out...So far we have Boston, NYC, Miami, Nashville, Seattle, etc. good luck trying to put any logistics to that diversification

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13