DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

I love all the suggestions for extra curricular activities to lull my anxieties. I think I will just keep clicking that little refresh button.

Reactions: Shane
The next firmware release. I am signed up as a beta tester and on my account it says they are in the process of picking 100 testers and the process will be completed on the 23rd, at which time they will I assume notify the 100 selected.

Interesting... This is my first DJI product, but it seems a bit odd to schedule a product release for mid-Oct and also be picking beta testers later in Oct for a firmware update to that same product. Is this typical for prior DJI products/releases?

I'm not really concerned about delivery time. It will be (hopefully) my present under the tree, from the kids of course. ;)

I did the MassDrop pre-order, and I'm just happy to be saving money over retail. If it wasn't for that I would have been fine waiting for a sale/deal.

Reactions: BlueSkies
Did they announce earlier than they wanted so that they could steal some thunder from Karma, while knowing that the release would actually be delayed? Time will tell I suppose...but I don't see a shipment before the end of the month, I may reevaluate how much I actually want/need this thing. $1200 buys a lot of Christmas presents.

Interesting... This is my first DJI product, but it seems a bit odd to schedule a product release for mid-Oct and also be picking beta testers later in Oct for a firmware update to that same product. Is this typical for prior DJI products/releases?

Oh come on, the beta testers are for future updates, not the fw currently on the units. Can't have "public" beta testers without the product being out on general release now can you!

The word on the 'grape vine' as they say, is in the past they have shipped to 'Dealers first' so maybe this is what they mean by shipments. Also heard that the 'shipment' on the 15th was tiny in comparison to demand.... I'd say don't hold your breath to expect anything before the end of October for early pre-orders.:(

I never said big box/retail would not be delayed also however they will likely get priority of mom/pop. and yest that is speculation. I am sure Apple is more important to DJI that a single regional brick and mortor with a little online sales. That is simple economics. Frankly only DJI knows.

For all we know this was just a huge panic from DJI to blow up Go-Pro media blitz, and likely DJI knew all along they would not make any deadlines they created they just needed to change the media narrative at the time.

We are just pawns in the game of the two giants.

maybe Niestat did not get a replacement because they have few to none available...

I agree with your thought on DJI trying to steal go pros thunder....Casey Niestat had a package on his vlog saying 'do not open until 18th October' the next day he had the mavic! I reckon they only planned to release it on the 18th October with Niestat etc all told to flood social media with it. So I reckon we won't see them until November at the earliest, when they probably had planned all this time to release it.

I'm merely just speculating as I want it ASAP

Attachments

• IMG_5614.PNG
    IMG_5614.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 81
I agree with your thought on DJI trying to steal go pros thunder....Casey Niestat had a package on his vlog saying 'do not open until 18th October' the next day he had the mavic! I reckon they only planned to release it on the 18th October with Niestat etc all told to flood social media with it. So I reckon we won't see them until November at the earliest, when they probably had planned all this time to release it.

I'm merely just speculating as I want it ASAP
Casey whoring himself out then loses the bloody Mavic in a week.... :D

LMAO....

Sources... lol the fact DJi are saying they've started shipping leads me to believe all is okay... Let's just hope they haven't got the batteries from Samsung!! :p

Reactions: Mavilicious
I'd suggest cancelling DJI direct orders and sleeping in front of an Apple store. I am sure Apple has set a clause to prioritise them first.
I could be wrong but, history has seen Apple stores get stock before private orders have the fedEX guy visit them.

Definitely priority to supply dealers as they support and market locally. Not sure Apple will have priority.

Definitely priority to supply dealers as they support and market locally. Not sure Apple will have priority.

I think someone asked DJI support in this thread and said priority would go to direct customers first. Either here or on the Reddit.

His vLOG is funny though lol. TU

I like his footage and editing abilities, but his personality doesn't mesh with me. Too much of a +1 type of person.

Last edited:
I think someone asked DJI support in this thread and said priority would go to direct customers first. Either here or on the Reddit.
On past experience with DJi its always been dealers...

The problem is aftercare, I work for a health technology manufacturer company as a manager in my day job and launching a product has certain problems.

We'll have to wait and see I guess...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ldh02111