DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

You'll have to name your Mavic "Wall-E"

I had a chat with Dji this morning and I asked specifically if bestbuy and apple stores would get stock of the Mavic Pro in before us Dji.com preorderers and he told me that us online preoderers would receive our units before big bestbuy or big apple. Soooooo hopefully that is what happens, either way I'm keeping a close eye on all retail stores just in case they get them and my preorder hasn't made it to my front door yet. I feel for you guys that sold your phantoms, man I would be going crazy right now if I didn't have my Phantom 4, I'm serious not meaning to rub it in but most days I forget about the Mavic being too busy flying or if I start getting frustrated wondering where my Baby Mavic is I just take ol Eva out. Yes I named my Phantom 4 Eva! I still haven't picked a name for baby Mavic yet, probably won't until I have him in my arms ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I have been told multiple times my relatively early order (2 hours after launch) should be shipping today. I still wish I would have been able to order on the DJI website (I started trying around 30 minutes into the presentation, and gave up 2 hours in once I saw on their twitter to order from the Amazon page), but nothing has changed on my amazon page, and customer service is beyond unacceptable by US standards. I am not too optimistic; but was really hoping to have this for a trip I am leaving on Nov. 3rd for. I should have ordered from Apple & Best Buy too just in case. Speaking of Apple, it will be interesting to see how they deal with their customers, they usually bend over backwards for them and it's egg on their face if they delay orders too. If they don't deliver to Apple, it's not a good start to a major and very powerful partnership if you ask me.

I noticed tonight that my Shipping status is also gone, there has obviously been some change to the interface of the orders page.

Frankly I am considering canceling my order, it appears that DJI was promising a global roll out, there is no way they are even capable of that, they should learn form the gaming and phone industry. Regardless this is clearly being rushed to market. Maybe I will hold out and just sell it on Ebay or CR since I am a launch day buyer.

I often wonder if Neistats fly-away was a fluke or a software problem possibly delaying launch, not good when their PR drone flys off on its own.

I noticed tonight that my Shipping status is also gone, there has obviously been some change to the interface of the orders page.

Here's my theory: they're probably preparing to ship the initial orders, although from the sound of it, probably not very many. And it sounds like those that don't ship will be waiting a week or two extra (based on what the dealers have indicated). So, to avoid a million people constantly refreshing their order status page for days to come (because, whether you realize it or not, that really taxes their servers), they've disabled the easy-to-find shipping status just prior to the hysterical (few) reports of "finally shipped!!"

Have you seen how many drone's Neistats destroys, have you noticed how irresponsible he is with his stuff on camera, just image what he does to his "free stuff" off camera. Just the fact that he couldn't recover the drone tells me he was flying it illegally here in the USA (line of sight rule).

Have you seen how many drone's Neistats destroys, have you noticed how irresponsible he is with his stuff on camera, just image what he does to his "free stuff" off camera. Just the fact that he couldn't recover the drone tells me he was flying it illegally here in the USA (line of sight rule).

Like the guy (Neistat) or not he has more flying hours then most so no doubt he has experience, yes he has crashed a few, this was not a crash if true it was a fly away. I am sure that he does push the boundries, like most pilots do. Line of sight for the mavic is going to be a very short distance based on its size anyway.

Like I said it makes me wonder, thats all

I find it odd that DJI did not replace it since he is such a huge supposedly non-payroll PR tool for DJI

casey-neistat-drones.png

I never said anything about not liking him, but no one can deny he is hard on his stuff and pushes the limits... Not good for any product, especially a pre-production one. This is now getting way off topic... I'll be excited when the first "real" person on here has a tracking number.

Like the guy (Neistat) or not he has more flying hours then most so no doubt he has experience, yes he has crashed a few, this was not a crash if true it was a fly away. I am sure that he does push the boundries, like most pilots do. Line of sight for the mavic is going to be a very short distance based on its size anyway.

Like I said it makes me wonder, thats all

I find it odd that DJI did not replace it since he is such a huge supposedly non-payroll PR tool for DJI
If you watch Neistats vlog he had that day returned from LA to NYC, where he had been flying the Mavic. My guess is he didn't redo the compass calibration between LA and NYC, lost signal, and the drone went AWOL.

Reactions: botasky
My shipping status has gone too i hope thats a good sign

I just chatted with support again... still saying mid oct first come first serve..... BUT I inquired further as I have a camping trip coming up I'd like to take the Mavic on and rep said :

Alex: We will arrange the shipment at the Mid Oct first come first serve basis

Me: Yes that's what I was told already. No firm date estimates? I have a camping trip planned

Alex: Since we have not started the first batch shipment, i am afraid the prediction of the later order would incorrect

So if that's accurate then another confirmation of nothing shipped yet.

Now i'm off to bed.. it's 2am for me... you people are all crazy! :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another day closer 9am, here in the UK.
My order is with a dealer (camera centre) who was only getting 5 (I think 7 now) so will stick with them unless there are big delays to the dealers. Its my first drone (apart from buying a cheap practice one) so can't wait. I did order from DJI but wasn't until a few days after the launch so didn't think I had much chance of getting one ealrier than a dealer.
Today is the 18th so hopefully we should see some delivery status's change.

Shipping status gone on PC but still says pending on iphone app.

Just looked and my shipping status is also gone.

BUT I just noticed this is not just for the Mavis, this is all Shipping statuses and tracking numbers. I ordered an Osmo Mobile that just got here yesterday, and up until yesterday I could track it's progress via the site for that order, then it showed as delivered, and now all statuses relating to tracking are gone for all orders, past and present.

They removed the code from the site...

Reactions: Stoph787

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom