DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Newegg had batteries in Stock this morning for about 20 minutes . I ordered mine. Thought about it for a minute or two and decided to order another one . But too late. Out of stock again. That was close.
Ordered two batteries and two flymore packages... we'll see how quick they get here!

You know what I'd honestly laugh at more than I've laughed in a while, if someone was filming an unboxing and when they open it up there's just nothing in it, I don't think I could control myself if I saw that. I'd feel bad because it could happen to me, but jesus I couldn't not laugh at that for about ten minutes. Would love to see the reaction.

Devin

You know what I'd honestly laugh at more than I've laughed in a while, if someone was filming an unboxing and when they open it up there's just nothing in it, I don't think I could control myself if I saw that. I'd feel bad because it could happen to me, but jesus I couldn't not laugh at that for about ten minutes. Would love to see the reaction.

Devin
Lol that would be pretty funny. Maybe on a live unboxing would be best.

The thing is that no vendors have received the bulk preorders. They have all been getting ones and twos in. I doubt that they have any real clue what they are getting in and when. I also don't buy the excuse that it is stuck in customs for a week when everyone else has been getting them from China in 3 days. To me sounds like they have some preorders in, but don't have any more of a clue when they will be able to fulfill customers orders, just like every one else.
When I spoke with them they said the order reached customs this past Monday. Don't think it was in customs for a week but the Thanksgiving holiday does take off 1-2 business days of operation changing the shipping date to next week can be a cushion for them to not mislead their customers like DJI or to keep people at bay. My gut tells me to believe them so I'm going to stick it out till next week if not I have to forget about getting one before my trip. At that point I will cancel my preorder and wait till apple or amazon gets them in stock and buy one then.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Of all of the supply channels being mentioned, Apple and Newegg are clearly getting product regularly and beating orders placed direct. Apple is more random as they don't get enough to show stock so you have to visit the stores however Newegg seems to be getting their orders (shipped directly from DJI funny enough) fulfilled more consistently. My prediction right now is that if you have a pending order on dji.com and that is the ONLY horse you are riding, it is going to be a long winter.

Of all of the supply channels being mentioned, Apple and Newegg are clearly getting product regularly and beating orders placed direct. Apple is more random as they don't get enough to show stock so you have to visit the stores however Newegg seems to be getting their orders (shipped directly from DJI funny enough) fulfilled more consistently. My prediction right now is that if you have a pending order on dji.com and that is the ONLY horse you are riding, it is going to be a long winter.

I'll mention a couple things here. When someone orders a product straight from the manufacturers website, you would expect to get it before anyone else, which is understandable. The real fact is, some of these dealers and resellers are in a way customers also. So they will get them sometimes ahead of people who ordered them directly independently. Am I glad I ordered from a dealer and will probably get it sooner than direct orders?, of course I am. Do I think it is a messed up move for DJI to barely be completing independent orders that were made within the first few day?, of course I do. The lesson here is, never order your product from DJI direct again, I almost did because I thought I was thinking smarter, like most other people thought. The fact is, ordering straight from DJI has been the slowest way to get a Mavic so far and I believe ordering straight from them on pre-orders will lessen very much after this disaster.

Devin

Reactions: Spuds_McKenzie
And what if Apple ordered 10,000 of them before any of us? Because that's probably exactly what they did.

Should they get them first since they ordered first? Or should DJI tell Apple too bad and ship to individuals first instead?

Seems like they're doing something in between

Reactions: Spuds_McKenzie
And what if Apple ordered 10,000 of them before any of us? Because that's probably exactly what they did.

Should they get them first since they ordered first? Or should DJI tell Apple too bad and ship to individuals first instead?

Seems like they're doing something in between

I don't know what DJI is doing, but with all the apparent evidence, DJI direct is the worst place to order from if you want it first. Their dealers and resellers get them before they send them to their direct individual customers. My opinion.

Devin

Yitamotor update

Update, just had contact. Cancelled order. Seller offended that I did not trust him. Everyone should understand that some businesses don't start out to commit fraud, but things can snowball. For example, this company admits to having over 1,000 preorders. $100,000+, they plan to fulfill all orders. The are opening a new store, have added expenses, this $100,000+ I assure is not in an escrow account for your safety. Money is spent with the assumption more money will come in. Stuff happens, orders delayed. People start wanting there money. All of a sudden the company is upside down, guess who loses? I have seen people go to prison for this. And more times than not, victims (customers) lose their money. Yes there is restitution, but you can't get blood from a rock!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Shipping Updates:

Post your retailer, order date (PDT if possible), and ship out date when available!

Link to Shipping Updates

Don't forget to get back to this thread to post your shipment date as soon as it is available.

Summary by date shipments and retailer with heat map now available.

Cut-off is up to October 31. Orders placed on November 1 and beyond will no longer be included in the database.

Attachments

• MavicWait.jpg
    MavicWait.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: Chakanz
Well well well... I just got a text from DHL stating that a package is on its way for delivery on Monday .. Finally my order has been shipped .. ordered the flymore combo on 30sep .. Lets see because my DJI account still shows the "sorry for delay..mid oct deliveries...." that never changed... I did get the email from them.. so I reckon they dont update the online part !!

Reactions: TopQuark
Wow Happy Thanksgiving, I awoke this morning to see that my Fly More Package that I ordered on Oct 4 has shipped, I should have it by the 30th!!!
Not sure if its a coincidence but just last week I sent them an e-mail threatening them a complaint with the Attorney General of the state of Arizona about unfair and false advertising for buying and paying for product that had 2 different expected dates that have passed (It was just a test to see if DJI would take notice) never go a reply but at least my Mavic is on its way.....Screen Shot 2016-11-25 at 7.58.48 AM.png

Reactions: TopQuark
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas