DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Argh. My Mavic is sitting at the local FedEx facility about 2 miles folks my house, but they won't deliver it until Monday. I asked if I could go pick it up, but they said that it wouldn't be unpacked from the arrival container until Monday. So close, yet so far away...

propeller is here, ups was so kind to knock on my door.5 minutes ago.. Mavic and battery still pending. How can I fly a propeller...

I ordered a Fly More Combo on 2016-10-04 from GlobeFlight (Germany).
As they only received a few Mavics and don't get any estimations from DJI concerning future deliveries, I was looking for an alternative way.
The local Saturn (German counterpart to BB) will receive lots of Fly Less Mavics next week (end of Nov/begin Dec) and also quite a few Fly More Combos the week after.
So who is DJI kidding, imho everything looks as if they originally wanted to announce the Mavic together with the P4P/I2.
Hoping for the best :)

Just bought the Mavic Pro from the N Michigan Ave Apple store here in Chicago. Called them up this morning and they said they had "yellow" levels of inventory. I was able to grab one! FYI they don't have any left you can still call the store and say manager and verify yourself. The Lincoln park store said they'd receive a few next week.

I ordered from DJI on oct 13 th, no movement as expected. Also ordered on Best Buy and Newegg. Probably going to cancel those orders. If anyone is interested to "take my spot" do let me know. This thread was very helpful and I appreciate OPs efforts towards the doc and the emote community.

Off to flying the entire weekend!

Oh by the way, I've heard weird things about Yitamotor or whatever it's called. People say they get ripped off and stuff, I received my propellers today from them and actually had an estimated delivery for December 7th. I don't know what they've done to other people but they got me what I ordered.

Devin

Argh. My Mavic is sitting at the local FedEx facility about 2 miles folks my house, but they won't deliver it until Monday. I asked if I could go pick it up, but they said that it wouldn't be unpacked from the arrival container until Monday. So close, yet so far away...

FedEx FTW. Despite telling me it wouldn't be delivered until Monday, my Fly More combo arrived this morning (ordered 9/29 09:27 UTC)

Looks like the flood gates are opening.

I have to agree with the general conjecture that DJI had planned on releasing all three models together but launched Mavic early to take the wind out of GoPro's Karma sails.

I think they would have run into fewer problems if they had done a demo of the Mavic, released some review units to the usual suspects and said "available late 2016." Hindsight, especially in light of the Karma meltdown, but perhaps more prudent for DJI. I suspect they'll learn a lot from the Mavic launch.

Reactions: Joe Pasqua
@TopQuark My order date was changed on your list to the 26th, it did say 24th which is the date I ordered. Was just letting you know in case you wanted to change it for more accuracy.

Devin

Reactions: TopQuark
Apple Stores in Vancouver have lots of inventory and accessories. They arrive everyday and sell out in minutes. If you want one, order on line and have it delivered to the store. Quoted delivery date is in 4 weeks but if you have it delivered to the store you will get it next day. Unassigned inventory gets assigned to buyers picking up in store, first. People are ordering on line here and getting them the next day.

Apple Store is also offering a 2 week no questions asked return policy.

Last edited:
I ordered Fly More direct from DJI on 10/3. Based on all of the reported delays, it didn't appear that I would get anything until well into the new year. So I sent the email to DJI cancelling my order on 11/23. I also chatted them to tell them to cancel the order. Today, 11/26, I get the email from DJI saying that my order has shipped and even got a fedex tracking number. Go figure.

So, like someone said, the floodgates have opened. Hang in there everyone.

Reactions: TopQuark
Ok so my package is coming in wed.

What are the odds it'll come in Tuesday? Could I call FedEx and ask them to
Hold the package at a location ?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member