DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Just a thought...

I hope DJI is having production issues because if the lied to underwhelm Karma, than it's a dirty move.

They also charged me full amount at the time of the order, if a company does this knowingly, then we have to part ways.

If so, then as soon as someone makes anything remotely good as Mavic, my brand loyalty will switch.

The anticipation on the Mavic is absolutely overwhelming, it´s palpable! Reminds me the pre-release of Star Wars VII - I just hope without the frustration experienced afterwards!!! LOL

Of course they did all this to kill the Karma, it´s pretty obvious. This is big corporation basics, happens all the time. It´s also obvious they believe in the Mavic being so superior that once it starts shipping and ppl flying it, all the frustration will vanish in no time and everyone will be all smiles again, looking like kids on Xmas morning.

Reactions: RkyMtn4695
Just think of the people who ordered on ebay and Amazon from those shady resellers, to only receive a brochure in the box. (so the reseller could show shipped, and charge cc).

My order is still with DJI. If it gets delayed too much more I will probably switch to Best Buy so I have someone to deal with I trust and easy return if broken.

Even though the Karma is basically a flying potato, GoPro has a good history of having stuff available when they say its going to be available. Not that I want one.

Just got an email from Advexure with an actual update on the shipping delay..not just DJI's BS where they say they are providing an update and dont actually provide any helpful information..so typical of DJI and that's why I never deal with them directly. Very disappointing to see the "global director of communication" with such poor business communication skills. Thanks Advexure for the update...very professional. DJI could learn from you guys.

Yes I want my Mavic but waiting is a hell of lot easier when you know what's going on..I guess I'm happy DJI isn't rushing this out

View attachment 238
Yep, just got the same email from Advexure. Super happy with them so far (my first purchase from them). Pretty confident that I'll end up hearing updates from them before DJI, which is kind of funny.

Thank you for the kind words and continued support, @jowens @Broker. We hope that we'll have some good news for everyone waiting very soon! Thank you again for your patience.

Reactions: Lees23
Got an email today from DJI, I wonder now when they plan to ship ?

Dear Customers,

We said at our Mavic Pro launch event that we would begin shipping in
mid-October. We’ve just passed that, and if you’re wondering where your
Mavic Pro is, we’d like to offer an update.

Since unveiling the Mavic Pro, we’ve had amazingly strong global demand. Production is in full swing, and we will be fulfilling orders as fast as we can.
If you have a DJI customer account, we’ll be sending you updates,
or you can check for new information in our online store http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-pro.

We thank you for your enthusiasm and patience and for being a DJI customer.

Best,
Adam Najberg
Global Director of Communication
DJI

I think its time to take a chill pill..
for me it can wait..
I sold my P3A on announcement day at a loss...yes, i miss it..and my friend is having fun with my perfectly fine P3, but when it comes down to it..
I will have a Mavic, and I am guessing soon.
DJI store via Amazon currently says pre order now, arrive Nov 22-Dec 8
That is for orders taken as of now..
So it will still be here by Christmas, and 2017 everyone will have one..
But I should have mine sometime in 2016
And I don't want a Karma

The anticipation on the Mavic is absolutely overwhelming, it´s palpable! Reminds me the pre-release of Star Wars VII - I just hope without the frustration experienced afterwards!!! LOL

Of course they did all this to kill the Karma, it´s pretty obvious. This is big corporation basics, happens all the time. It´s also obvious they believe in the Mavic being so superior that once it starts shipping and ppl flying it, all the frustration will vanish in no time and everyone will be all smiles again, looking like kids on Xmas morning.
100% in agreement with you. I didn't explain my thought corrrctly, I meant to say if they made an empty promise to hurt GoPro, that's fine, business is business but by charging me for the product they don't intend to send in due time, my funds become collateral damage in DJI war agains GoPro. I do not agree with that

Reactions: kykayak
I called Dji and talked. He told me everyone that ordered between sept 27th to oct 12 would of be considered the first batch and shipping will take place between oct 25th to 30th. The way he made it sound was that everyone who is in the First batch would have theirs shipped between that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: crbalch
Just got this from Newegg...says it's slated to ship 10/31 vs their initial 10/25 quote.

Attachments

• IMG_0205.PNG
    IMG_0205.PNG
    324.2 KB · Views: 41
I called Dji and talked. He told me everyone that ordered between sept 27th to oct 12 would of be considered the first batch and shipping will take place between oct 25th to 30th. The way he made it sound was that everyone who is in the First batch would have theirs shipped between that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who did you speak with?

When I spoke to my supplier, they told me that they believed DJI were waiting for a good stock level in the UK before supplying to all dealers... they didn't want to let down other tier 1 suppliers by not being able to supply to all of them at the same time. So to make it fair they are pushing back the delivery slightly until there is a good global stock level for the roll out.

got this from Newegg. not the end of the world, at least Newegg passed on what they had.

Dear Valued Customer,

This email is regarding your recent pre-order purchase of the DJI Mavic Pro from our marketplace seller, DJI Official Store.
We have been informed by DJI that there is a world-wide delay on all Mavic Pro shipments due to a manufacturing delay. DJI is currently working very diligently to have your order shipped out as soon as possible.
The shortage not only affected Newegg but all stores that were expected to carry this particular item from DJI.

According to DJI, your order will be shipped by October 31, 2016.
Please rest assured that you will still be one of the first batch of customers who receives this incredible new product from DJI.
At this time, your credit card has not been charged. We will charge your credit card once the order has been shipped, or you may cancel the order if you if you no longer wish to wait.
Please contact us at to cancel your order.
On behalf of our seller DJI Official Store, we sincerely apologize for this delay and thank you for your understanding.
Best Regards,

Newegg Marketplace

Man, the PR statement from Adam Najberg on the shipping status page is so frustratingly useless that I'd rather just see an endless 'Pending'... it's actually less annoying.

Reactions: djholt and gavinski
All of the dealers are just passing on info DJI originally told them when they might receive product.

Even DJI is giving out estimated shipping dates at this point.

So what if there off by a few weeks, what can you do, sue them! LOL

Even though the Karma is basically a flying potato, GoPro has a good history of having stuff available when they say its going to be available. Not that I want one.

The Karma looks to be an incredible drone, it just happened to unfortunately come out at the same time as the Mavic. It's still got the nice gimbal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman