DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

FYI...I was bored today at work, so just for grins I initiated a chat session with Best Buy rep and asked that if I ordered a Mavic today when can I expect delivery. He more or less guaranteed me by October 31st. I told him that this is a "hot" item everywhere else and he said "no worries".

Thank you for the kind words and continued support, @jowens @Broker. We hope that we'll have some good news for everyone waiting very soon! Thank you again for your patience.

i didnt order from you guys sadly.. but just you a 3rd party getting infront of this SPEAKS volumes about your image and care of us fliers.. Awesome job sending out the reply

Well... this happened yesterday. Everybody asked him for his date of preorder. He has ignored everyone so far. My guess is that the drone was a gift from DJI, which is comprensible because in the end that is publicity for them.

1.png

FYI...I was bored today at work, so just for grins I initiated a chat session with Best Buy rep and asked that if I ordered a Mavic today when can I expect delivery. He more or less guaranteed me by October 31st. I told him that this is a "hot" item everywhere else and he said "no worries".

I gave BBY 4 years... take that chat with a huge GRAIN of salt.. we would say anything to get a sale or move you on... the only good thing is we can check inventory as its scanned then added in so if you have someone check the inventory in store and have them show you THEY ARE OBLIGATED to sell the model if its in store... so good luck and hit that f5 when you check bby!

I ordered from Newegg on October 1st with shipping coming from Dji official store. I inquired about the shipping date as was told the 18th of October from someone at Dji a couple weeks ago. I got this email from newegg a little bit ago which I take with a grain of salt on the shipping date. At least they did email me with more information than Dji has sent to everyone else. This is the email:

Dear Valued Customer,

This email is regarding your recent pre-order purchase of the DJI Mavic Pro from our marketplace seller, DJI Official Store.

We have been informed by DJI that there is a world-wide delay on all Mavic Pro shipments due to a manufacturing delay. DJI is currently working very diligently to have your order shipped out as soon as possible.

The shortage not only affected Newegg but all stores that were expected to carry this particular item from DJI.

According to DJI, your order will be shipped by October 31, 2016.

Please rest assured that you will still be one of the first batch of customers who receives this incredible new product from DJI.

At this time, your credit card has not been charged. We will charge your credit card once the order has been shipped, or you may cancel the order if you if you no longer wish to wait.

Please contact us at [email protected] to cancel your order.

On behalf of our seller DJI Official Store, we sincerely apologize for this delay and thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Newegg Marketplace

I gave BBY 4 years... take that chat with a huge GRAIN of salt.. we would say anything to get a sale or move you on... the only good thing is we can check inventory as its scanned then added in so if you have someone check the inventory in store and have them show you THEY ARE OBLIGATED to sell the model if its in store... so good luck and hit that f5 when you check bby!
Didn't really matter to me...I pre-ordered via Amazon weeks ago

got this from Newegg. not the end of the world, at least Newegg passed on what they had.

Dear Valued Customer,

This email is regarding your recent pre-order purchase of the DJI Mavic Pro from our marketplace seller, DJI Official Store.
We have been informed by DJI that there is a world-wide delay on all Mavic Pro shipments due to a manufacturing delay. DJI is currently working very diligently to have your order shipped out as soon as possible.
The shortage not only affected Newegg but all stores that were expected to carry this particular item from DJI.

According to DJI, your order will be shipped by October 31, 2016.
Please rest assured that you will still be one of the first batch of customers who receives this incredible new product from DJI.
At this time, your credit card has not been charged. We will charge your credit card once the order has been shipped, or you may cancel the order if you if you no longer wish to wait.
Please contact us at to cancel your order.
On behalf of our seller DJI Official Store, we sincerely apologize for this delay and thank you for your understanding.
Best Regards,

Newegg Marketplace

What was your order date if you dont mind my asking.

I have been following all the threads in eager anticipation of receiving my Mavic Pro.
It is obvious that DJI would never be able to meet the deadlines that they set. Early reviewer videos were saying that they received the Mavic in bubble wrap, no retail packaging etc. This was approx 2 weeks before we were all hoping for mass shipments to happen. There is clearly no way that this was going to happen. One reviewer said that he had one of only 4 (not too sure about that number) Mavics being sent out to reviewers. Anyway, there was a small number being sent out (definitely less than 100).
This means that the Mavic Pro had not even entered pre-production stages.
Look at the bottom of the opened Mavic, the soldering is hand done, nowhere near production status.

I have build many drones and have programmed them myself. Using recommended values but still are prone to over correction and dropping out of the sky. When you have to set the feedback loop parameters, test fly and then repair and then try another set of values you start to appreciate that it is not 100% straightforward to get a drone that will fly, handle wind, fast stops and change of direction.

It was wrong of DJI to take money for something that they knew that they would never be able to deliver on time. I used a pre-order and put down £100 so am not experiencing the same level of annoyance. What I am disappointed with is the poor communications from DJI. I know that this was due to the Karma and it has worked. All the buzz is about the Mavic, pre-orders are flying in and DJI are in a good place compared to GoPro, but at some stage DJI must give more accurate information. If it is delayed by one month then say so. I for one would be happy to wait for 1 month instead of checking these forums every couple of hours just in case someone has actually received a single Mavic. This is getting silly and has nothing to do with order volumes. If they were in full production then they would have shipped out even 10 units, 100 units or whatever.

Why do I want the Mavic Pro ... because I want to move to a new stage of drone ownership. I have drones smaller than the Mavic, I have drones faster than the Mavic but what I want is a drone that I can launch, will handle wind and that I can have a high degree of certainty that will come back to me and land without me having to replace an arm. I want to be able to capture great video (my Parrot drone has awful video) and to be able to let my son have a go without worrying that he will change direction too quickly causing a flip over and more repairs.

I think most of us are quite grown up and in our hearts we knew that the delivery would be late. But please DJI, treat us with some respect and don't keep on saying that units will be shipped mid October when there is clearly no chance that they will.

Debating on the fly more package. I ordered the $999 then 2 batteries extra separately just in case there was a hold up with batteries. Now there is just a hold up if I change my order I'm sure that it will put me to the end of the long *** line lol

It's funny: long before this thread ever existed, I asked DJI for my estimated ship date. Originally, they'd give me a solid date: Nov 2. Since I ordered on day 1, it seemed pretty far away, so I kept asking. For days I kept getting the same answer: Nov 2. Suddenly, one day, they stopped giving me a date. Instead, they kept saying the typical nonsense that we've heard for weeks now.

So, I'm wondering if this delay was expected all along and they soon removed all of the original ETAs to cover it up. If it was expected early on, it'd make sense for them to wait until soon after the 15th to say "oh yeah, delay. sorry about that."

I'm only hoping I don't have to wait until Nov 2, but it's sure looking that way.

From a local retailer here in New Zealand:

"DJI are being quite tight-lipped about the DJI Mavic and the shipping date. We have heard early reports that the Mavic is having some firmware issues during manufacturing.

From what we've discovered, some North American retailers are being told November 20th as the current ETA for the Mavic. We have not yet been told an accurate date, and no shipping confirmation has come through to us yet. Please be aware that this date is not set in stone, so the Mavic may arrive earlier."

So what happens when they blow the Amazon ship date? Any repercussions from Amazon?

Well... this happened yesterday. Everybody asked him for his date of preorder. He has ignored everyone so far. My guess is that the drone was a gift from DJI, which is comprensible because in the end that is publicity for them.
View attachment 241
Philip Bloom replied to someone and said
"my pre-order hasn't shipped yet. They sent me a production model to try in meantime."

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerry from ok