DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

If shipping is delayed till early November, some of us might be better off waiting till later in the month when most retailers will abide by Christmas return policies providing a nearly 6 week return period.

Last edited:
i didnt order from you guys sadly.. but just you a 3rd party getting infront of this SPEAKS volumes about your image and care of us fliers.. Awesome job sending out the reply

Thank you, @harmonix234. Appreciate the support and are happy to contribute to the MP forum any way we can. We hope to work with you in the future.
I know where I'm ordering next time.

@Tony Perry, we take that as a compliment and look forward to working with the next time around.

Debating on the fly more package. I ordered the $999 then 2 batteries extra separately just in case there was a hold up with batteries. Now there is just a hold up if I change my order I'm sure that it will put me to the end of the long *** line lol

@AliAs, I'm not sure if your order is through Advexure or not but we'd be able to get you into our second batch which assuming batch numbers don't change, should still be following the first batch closely behind. Our second batch should be very large as we've got hundreds of units on order and typically what we've seen over the years is that the second batches begin with some pretty good numbers. I will also mention that we've had a handful of first and second batch cancellations after the delay announcement so all pre-order slots are shifting up a bit. If we can help please don't hesitate to reach out.

Reactions: Tony Perry
27th Sep around 12pm from Rise Above in Australia

Looks like another month before I get mine. From Massdrop:

Thanks again for joining this drop! We have submitted the group's order with the vendor for the DJI Mavic Pro Pre-Order and they are working hard to prepare it for shipment.

As soon as the group's order is ready at the vendor's location, they will ship the individual orders directly to you. The current estimated ship date is 11/14.

We will keep the group updated throughout the fulfillment process. You can expect an update from us by the end of the day Pacific Time on 11/1.

If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center (http://massdrop.com/helpcenter).

I have been following all the threads in eager anticipation of receiving my Mavic Pro.
It is obvious that DJI would never be able to meet the deadlines that they set. Early reviewer videos were saying that they received the Mavic in bubble wrap, no retail packaging etc. This was approx 2 weeks before we were all hoping for mass shipments to happen. There is clearly no way that this was going to happen. One reviewer said that he had one of only 4 (not too sure about that number) Mavics being sent out to reviewers. Anyway, there was a small number being sent out (definitely less than 100).
This means that the Mavic Pro had not even entered pre-production stages.
Look at the bottom of the opened Mavic, the soldering is hand done, nowhere near production status.

I have build many drones and have programmed them myself. Using recommended values but still are prone to over correction and dropping out of the sky. When you have to set the feedback loop parameters, test fly and then repair and then try another set of values you start to appreciate that it is not 100% straightforward to get a drone that will fly, handle wind, fast stops and change of direction.

It was wrong of DJI to take money for something that they knew that they would never be able to deliver on time. I used a pre-order and put down £100 so am not experiencing the same level of annoyance. What I am disappointed with is the poor communications from DJI. I know that this was due to the Karma and it has worked. All the buzz is about the Mavic, pre-orders are flying in and DJI are in a good place compared to GoPro, but at some stage DJI must give more accurate information. If it is delayed by one month then say so. I for one would be happy to wait for 1 month instead of checking these forums every couple of hours just in case someone has actually received a single Mavic. This is getting silly and has nothing to do with order volumes. If they were in full production then they would have shipped out even 10 units, 100 units or whatever.

Why do I want the Mavic Pro ... because I want to move to a new stage of drone ownership. I have drones smaller than the Mavic, I have drones faster than the Mavic but what I want is a drone that I can launch, will handle wind and that I can have a high degree of certainty that will come back to me and land without me having to replace an arm. I want to be able to capture great video (my Parrot drone has awful video) and to be able to let my son have a go without worrying that he will change direction too quickly causing a flip over and more repairs.

I think most of us are quite grown up and in our hearts we knew that the delivery would be late. But please DJI, treat us with some respect and don't keep on saying that units will be shipped mid October when there is clearly no chance that they will.

I agree . I feel like we've been taken for fools and its not a pleasant feeling. This is large scale deceiving that involves money and we should be able to do something legally.

Thank you, @harmonix234. Appreciate the support and are happy to contribute to the MP forum any way we can. We hope to work with you in the future.

@Tony Perry, we take that as a compliment and look forward to working with the next time around.

@AliAs, I'm not sure if your order is through Advexure or not but we'd be able to get you into our second batch which assuming batch numbers don't change, should still be following the first batch closely behind. Our second batch should be very large as we've got hundreds of units on order and typically what we've seen over the years is that the second batches begin with some pretty good numbers. I will also mention that we've had a handful of first and second batch cancellations after the delay announcement so all pre-order slots are shifting up a bit. If we can help please don't hesitate to reach out.
Going forward you will most deff have my service and money lol

Our only legal options are to file a complaint with the BBB FTC for the taking of money and moving we'll past the shipment date with very little info to offer.

By law they will then have to have notice upon them for meaningful data.

Let's get em boys!

This is a serious question from a newbie (DJI newbie):
1) Does anyone know if anyone from DJI reads this forum?
2) If they do have a large supply of solid, reliable Mavics, but not "large enough to meet global demand," is there any way that any of the many rational statements concerning shipping out existing stock to first-tier customers (to at least show some form of reputable business practices) on the forum possibly sway them into doing it?
Thanks.

Our only legal options are to file a complaint with the BBB FTC for the taking of money and moving we'll past the shipment date with very little info to offer.

By law they will then have to have notice upon them for meaningful data.

Let's get em boys!

So you'll get a refund which you can get now, and no drone to show for it. Congratulations!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

2) If they do have a large supply of solid, reliable Mavics, but not "large enough to meet global demand," is there any way that any of the many rational statements concerning shipping out existing stock to first-tier customers (to at least show some form of reputable business practices) on the forum possibly sway them into doing it?
Thanks.
Yes DJI KEN reads the forums.

Logistical issues overseas are causing a fuckery of issues etc.

Thanks.
1. Probably yes.
2. Certainly not.

My reply after ed windham said sorry for your disappointment. I didn't order from Dji direct.

You didn't disappoint me, Dji did that to every customer. It's just disgust in how the company is handling the situation, especially taking peoples money prior to shipping, lying about shipping, and not being straigh-forward. I thought other companies preorders were bad. This is "Next Generation" preordering I guess. I have to say, this IS definitely an "innovation", "redefining" preorders across all spectrum's of the business world. Must be the business practice these days..... Well for Dji at least. What a good job the privately owned company is doing holding more than 70% of the market share. Such an excellent job.
77_2x.gif

Reactions: Shane
So you'll get a refund which you can get now, and no drone to show for it. Congratulations!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
By law domestic and foreign they can't refund without my approval. It just puts pressure on them to communicate better

Thanks.

1) Yes, there are a few DJI employees that are active on the forums and others that monitor them even though they may never say anything. Keep in mind the public can access everything on this forum so DJI can easily come in and see everything being discussed. Over the years, we've also brought up many specific discussions on forums and owner groups with DJI HQ.

2) We don't have exact specifics available to us but there is the possibility that they could be working out some kinks within production and could have thousands of units that are WIP that have not reached the final stages of production.

Reactions: Broker
What's funny is they are very active n the forums over at dji but we get some **** canned response that doesn't help lol

I am talking to an attorney to see if we can get any legal action on this.
A launch event on Sept 27 and a promise delivery date of Oct 15 , implies that they can deliver some on that date. There's no proof that DJI shipped at least one on Oct 15th. Deceptive claims are illegal.

"False advertising is any published claim that is deceptive or untruthful. Misleading advertising is any published claim that gives a consumer an incorrect understanding of the product they are interested in purchasing or using. The false and misleading advertising by companies of any product may result in the consumer suffering a financial loss, or another form of damage to the consumer."

Reactions: Shane and dontic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman