DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

The fly more combo's shipped fast. I saw people who ordered 11/26 and it got shipped with original estimate of shipping by 12/30. I have an order I placed with them from 11/14 Mavic only, supposed to ship by 12/15. Not yet shipped.

Do they charge you right away?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I got a tracking number as well for 2 fly more packages via Newegg. Ordered a week or two ago.. guess I should have ordered 20!

They do a pre-authorization when you first order then do a "real" charge when it ships. Or at least that's what they did for me

Reactions: Fplvert
Does anyone know when people have ordered recently from newegg when they were originally predicted to ship? It says now if you order today it ships January 1st? Just wondering if I'd get lucky possibly and receive it faster.

Mine, ordered on Nov 18, was said to ship Dec 15. It's in the batch that's half-way across the Pacific now. In another thread, someone who's order originally said Dec 30 is also on that flight.

I ordered from DJI on 10/4 and my order has shown shipped for more than 2 weeks. No email notification of shipping and shipper information as I have received with previous orders, so I am pretty sure it is not on they way yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I recieve the email notification with tracking number!!! Finally!!!!! Estimated delivery date:06/12. two months and one day after the order... Very strange with happen with your order LameDuck

Over the past day, I ordered another 3 MPs in hopes one will come before Christmas! Thanks all for the information.
Below are details on original and the 3 new orders. I'll keep this post updated for those in similar situations.

Original Order Date: 9/30
Retailer: Amazon (via Amazon)
Sku: Base/Fly Less
Delivery Estimate: Jan 15

Over the past day, thanks to this thread, I ordered the following:
Date: 12/1
Base/Fly Less
Retailer: Apple, Newegg
Delivery Date: 1/1/17

Date: 12/1
Fly More
Retailer: Newegg
Delivery Date: 1/1/17

Reactions: TopQuark
The pilots are drunk. Now flying the FedEx plane backwards! I'll never get my drone!!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
After following this topic since the begining, I finally hit the refound link in the dji page. Never ever again going to purchase a product in this page. Thanks for nothing dji. (Sept 30 order) Enyoy your birds everyone!

After following this topic since the begining, I finally hit the refound link in the dji page. Never ever again going to purchase a product in this page. Thanks for nothing dji. (Sept 30 order) Enyoy your birds everyone!

That's not the plane. One of those pilots Mavics are on that flight and they couldn't wait so they put the planes blackbox on their Mavic and started flying it.

Devin

Well, they'll be flying over my area in about half an hour. They need to just fly that Mavic down to my front door.
upload_2016-12-1_16-32-54.png

Completely pissed off by heli-direct. Do NOT BUY FROM AMAZON!! Priority is given to existing high volume dealers with known adherent customer bases. Newegg is now in stock and just ordered. What are my chances of getting it before Christmas?

So should i cancelled and order from newegg ? I order mine nov 2 from amazon prime

You most likely purchased yours from a third-tier reseller who frankly dji loses money on with each order so with the luck people have been getting with newegg the odds are ever in your favor :)

Apple Stores in Vancouver have lots of inventory and accessories. They arrive everyday and sell out in minutes. If you want one, order on line and have it delivered to the store. Quoted delivery date is in 4 weeks but if you have it delivered to the store you will get it next day. Unassigned inventory gets assigned to buyers picking up in store, first. People are ordering on line here and getting them the next day.

Apple Store is also offering a 2 week no questions asked return policy.

Tried your suggestion of ordering to the store for pickup but unfortunately it doesn't work - at least it doesn't arrive the next day. It's been 2 days so far. If it ends up coming in fast I'll post again.

Okay here's another update. My Mavic Pro ordered from @Advexure had been shipped and I have a tracking number. I've never had better service than Advexure, they made the wait pleasant, there was no guessing all the way through the wait. I can only speak for myself but it is the best customer service experience I've ever had including places like Apple and Google. I will be a customer of theirs from here on out for many things. They're a great group of guys and a great company. I thank them very much for the service they provided me and the best updates that never kept me guessing.
b3aa4d2266fc488b6c624a6182607a37.jpg

Devin

Last edited:
Cancelled my order with Massdrop. They sent out an update. Mid January, lol. They charged our cards on Oct 11th-14th

Reactions: TopQuark
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Distantdoc