DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Personally, at this early stage, I'm hesitant to draw any conclusions regarding which orders have or have not been shipped. The people on this forum represent a tiny fraction of the number of orders, so although nobody here who has ordered the fly more combo has reported that theirs has shipped, I don't think we can conclude that this sample size is representative of the entire customer base.

My other thought is that it's called the 'fly more combo' - not the 'fly sooner combo', so even though we might not be flying sooner than those who purchased just the drone, once we receive our orders, we should be flying more than those who just have a single battery.

We may fly more per session, but in aggregate we will actually fly less given the extra days of flying the fly less customers get :)

Still nothing from DJI via Amazon...

I ordered mine from Amazon via Amazon on the 15th. It says "will be released on November 15th", and I fully expect them to ship all orders on the 15th -- give or take a few days. If it's before that, well I'll be the first to know with my refreshing my order page every hour or so.

"I'm getting an F5 complex, refreshing just to see what's up next". (Woot-off song)

Just spoke with customer service chat and they said even though I ordered only the Mavic, my order date of October 5th (told to me to be in the first shipment) may not come until next month. :(

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

We may fly more per session, but in aggregate we will actually fly less given the extra days of flying the fly less customers get :)
I suppose that depends on a few variables that we can't quantify: 1. how long it takes for each 'drone only' person to receive his or her drone, 2. How much each of those people flies, 3. How long it takes each 'fly more' buyer to receive the drone, 4. How much flying each 'fly more' person flies and 5. Once all parties in question have the drones, over what time period we're talking. ;)

Reactions: ___
Personally, at this early stage, I'm hesitant to draw any conclusions regarding which orders have or have not been shipped. The people on this forum represent a tiny fraction of the number of orders, so although nobody here who has ordered the fly more combo has reported that theirs has shipped, I don't think we can conclude that this sample size is representative of the entire customer base.

My other thought is that it's called the 'fly more combo' - not the 'fly sooner combo', so even though we might not be flying sooner than those who purchased just the drone, once we receive our orders, we should be flying more than those who just have a single battery.
Between this thread and the other threads on the DJI forums which are dedicated to the shipping of the fly more combo, I would conclude with reasonable confidence that no fly more combo orders have been marked as shipped, so far. That said, it could well be that those orders will be marked next, and they'll all ship out at the same time or close to it. In that sense, I'm remaining patient.

However: if that isn't the case and the fly more combo orders are delayed past the others, then I'll be pretty upset. The fly more package was indeed sold and advertised as "fly more, and no later", because all orders were promised to ship "first come, first served," independent of which package was purchased. Many were told this at the time of ordering. Unless they ship soon, DJI again failed to deliver on their promises, and I can't forgive such a scenario nearly as easily as I can the week delay, or even the inadequate communication. To be clear, many orders have been "shipped" which were placed following my order.

Again, I'm still crossing my fingers that it'll take a day or two for all of the shipping notices to be sent.

Finally received a tracking number from DJI via emailTU On the email it also states the extra battery I ordered with the mavic fly less combo will ship at a later date.

Reactions: Sapperx76
Finally received a tracking number from DJI via emailTU On the email it also states the extra battery I ordered with the mavic fly less combo will ship at a later date.
Wait, so you didn't order the combo then? Would you like to post a picture of the email?

Wait, so you didn't order the combo then? Would you like to post a picture of the email?
I posted one earlier today. To answer your question, no I didn't order the combo. Just the mavic with an extra battery.

I posted one earlier today. To answer your question, no I didn't order the combo. Just the mavic with an extra battery.
I was referring to a picture (or paste) of the part about shipping the battery later.

Has anyone seen a scan yet? As sending out tracking numbers is easy of course.

Based on them sending out Mavic's and delaying the extra battery, it means probably the limiting factor right now is batteries. If that's the case, I think the FLY MORE bundles will be delayed a VERY long time. If DJI is limited by batteries then for every FLY MORE bundle they can instead ship 3 basic Mavic's. I wish I knew this when I ordered, I just got the FLY MORE because I figured I might as well get everything but i really didn't care about it and would have gladly purchased the regular Mavic

Based on them sending out Mavic's and delaying the extra battery, it means probably the limiting factor right now is batteries. If that's the case, I think the FLY MORE bundles will be delayed a VERY long time. If DJI is limited by batteries then for every FLY MORE bundle they can instead ship 3 basic Mavic's. I wish I knew this when I ordered, I just got the FLY MORE because I figured I might as well get everything but i really didn't care about it and would have gladly purchased the regular Mavic
oh, what inside information do you know..
people and opinions
all last week we had whining people
and now know it all who do not work for DJI

they are shipping..accept it..

I placed my Order Time: 2016-09-27 20:13:28 (UTC)

Haven't got a confirmation email on tracking but it does say my order shipped. [emoji1591]

935a0c92eefb8c30f62f60eaa0fdffcb.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR