DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

If I track using FedEx, using the reference number "DJI Goods," I am given a tracking number, but not one belonging to my order. It is from DJI China to my city, from about a week ago. Because "DJI Goods" is not specific to any order, this won't help anyone. It also means that there isn't a way to search by order if DJI always specifies "DJI Goods" as the reference number for all FedEx shipments. Good idea, though.
Did you enter the date your item was shipped? I don't see why they would show you a package shipped a week ago if you entered a different date. Huh.

Again, my Best Buy order "delivered by" date was moved up from 10/31 to 10/30, for what that's worth.

Still 10/30? Mine is 10/31

Mine also says "awaiting authorization" on the order details page, does your say that or is there a snag with my CC?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You guys are cracking me up. Why not throw in the towel for the evening. Have a few beers. Get some sleep. I bet you'll see some movement in the next 24-48 hours. I've ordered things from China before. It's very common not to get much of a tracking update until it's checked in at a station in the USA (or whatever other country you live)

The GoPro Karma was released today (Oct. 23). There was no 'pre-order' at least that I was aware of and the 'ship date' is now listed as Nov. 14. The Karma Grip also had a release date of today, and is now listed as 'coming soon'.

Interesting...

Thanks,
dr
I guess they all are getting out the bug spray.Sometimes I wonder if there ever is any beta testers and if there are how competent they may be.[emoji89]

Sent from my SM-G900V using MavicPilots mobile app

Did you enter the date your item was shipped? I don't see why they would show you a package shipped a week ago if you entered a different date. Huh.
Technically, my order hasn't shipped; I was trying to find out if it had. As for the date, FedEx searches for shipments within 15 days in either direction of the date you enter, so it does not need to be exact.

So, using this search method, I've developed a simple tool that everyone may use in an attempt to locate their tracking number earlier than DJI might otherwise provide it to you. Give it a go and tell me if it works! It should be a quick test for anyone who already has a tracking number and can quickly confirm that it works. Here it is:

DJI Package Search (US orders only, for now)

Try it out!!

Reactions: TopQuark and ___

Mine also says "awaiting authorization" on the order details page, does your say that or is there a snag with my CC?

Mine still says 10/30, and order status is "Pre-ordered" with no reference to authorization.

I've tried to order from best buy for the past two days... Each time it either shows it as out of stock as soon as I hit the checkout button, or I get a failed authorization message for my credit card. Tried two different cards, but it has not worked.

OK, that's exciting!! Seems a package is being delivered in my small town on Wed the 26th from DJI, too bad it won't tell you where but I understand the security. So now I will be sitting on pins and needles on Wed hoping against hope its my Mavic. Shipping on 10/24 delivery on 10/26. More than likely my flying friend ordered a basic Mavic, I will be SO jealous.

You guys are cracking me up. Why not throw in the towel for the evening. Have a few beers. Get some sleep. I bet you'll see some movement in the next 24-48 hours. I've ordered things from China before. It's very common not to get much of a tracking update until it's checked in at a station in the USA (or whatever other country you live)
Lol

Receive date can vary depending on country and location so I thought it is not a good gauge which retailer ships out first. That was the objective when starting this thread. Besides, once everyone received their Mavic, I doubt anyone will take their time to post back here. They'll spend time flying their Mavic. :rolleyes:

Edit: Someone made a good point if Newegg's providing a tracking number means they are shipping. I'll take note of that and adjust the shipment date based on when Newegg actually ship the units out. Sounds fair?
Tracking numbers start as soon as the shipping label is created. Only when the shipper has picked it up is it really meaningful.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: Josh Miller
This is why I have been trying to get someone to test if the track by reference would work using the order number as the reference #

I can confirm that for my order, coming via DHL, that there is no cross reference to my Amazon(DJI) order number.

Where do you live, and is there a reference number on your tracking page?

Alberta, Canada. There is a search by reference feature on the DHL site, but I can find no mention of a reference number on my tracking page. I entered my order number and the shipment date on DHLs site, but it returned no results.

I bought Oct 4 via Amazon, seller E ZEE electronics. I sent them message (via Amazon system) asking if they'd heard anything about their orders. They said not yet, but they were expecting to hear from DJI tomorrow (Sunday). I'll ping them again tomorrow and will post here for those that are in the same boat.

Heard anything yet

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Why don't you email AMAZON customer support? That's what I did and after two emails they basically told DJI to give me the info I requested!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Oh, well if they're good at bossing DJI around, maybe I can ask Amazon to do the same for me, even though I didn't order from Amazon. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J