DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Has anyone on here received the Mavic they ordered? I am just too **** lazy to read through the 500 some odd posts since I last posted.

Has anyone on here received the Mavic they ordered? I am just too **** lazy to read through the 500 some odd posts since I last posted.
Apparently, an employee at DJI was using his new Samsung Note which suddenly burst into flames resulting in significant damage to Mavic inventory. We're being told the delay is likely 3-6 months before the first orders are filled.

I hope DJI does a better job shipping to pre-orders than Pebble did. I got delay notices for six months with Pebble, and then could buy it in Best Buy before they could ship to me. On a plus note, it was a good reason to cancel my order for that POS.

52a868a27a9e2e829e88d6e654906121.jpg

Ordered a fly more from Drone World. Received this email update today....

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

To sum up. A few Mavic Pro(s) went out to keep the masses at bay. I think roughly 10 units to Canada, and the rest to a fruit company I think.
The "Fly Less" orders are yet to be shipped. Reason: the dude @ DJI purchasing forgot to order the Mavic Power Bank Adaptors and therefore held up all orders until that part arrives.

Just be patient. Just think how lucky you are. There is always some one worse. Just imagine you backed the kickstarter Lilly and you will feel much better.

Reactions: Arpi Pap and J-MAC
I hope DJI does a better job shipping to pre-orders than Pebble did. I got delay notices for six months with Pebble, and then could buy it in Best Buy before they could ship to me. On a plus note, it was a good reason to cancel my order for that POS.

Yup... same thing with the Oculus Rift... Fully-paid preorders were still not shipped, but they were selling them in-store at Best Buy... that's a dicked move.

To sum up. A few Mavic Pro(s) went out to keep the masses at bay. I think roughly 10 units to Canada, and the rest to a fruit company I think.
The "Fly Less" orders are yet to be shipped. Reason: the dude @ DJI purchasing forgot to order the Mavic Power Bank Adaptors and therefore held up all orders until that part arrives.

Just be patient. Just think how lucky you are. There is always some one worse. Just imagine you backed the kickstarter Lilly and you will feel much better.
Ahh the Lilly .... I remember that one. What ever happen to it?

You know, it's a bit off topic, but I was actually paying attention to what the posts said until this afternoon. At this point I find at least as much enjoyment by watching the thread grow. (6 pages since 7 hours ago when last I checked.) It's faintly mesmerizing to watch the page numbers tick upwards like that.

I'm stuck with the new pebble too, no shipping yet and delayed .. kickstarter can be a pain sometimes ..

Yup... same thing with the Oculus Rift... Fully-paid preorders were still not shipped, but they were selling them in-store at Best Buy... that's a dicked move.

I was kicking myself for not kicking Oculus Rift since they got the pre-release and final I think. I'm assuming you are talking about preorders post KS?

In any case, the s$it deal is having paid for my Mavic for almost a month and it may take another month to get it? Seems like the dealers are taking a story out of the bankers playbooks.

I emailed E ZEE Electronics through Amazon again if I am going to receive my Mavic by 11/2 as promised.
Looks like NO!
This was there response on 10/26

Order ID xxxxxx:
1 of DJI Mavic Pro [ASIN: xxxxx]

------------- Begin message -------------

Our updates are coming directly from china DJI headquarters, they stated yesterday that dealers won't
receive the units for another 2 weeks, they said dealers have been sent sample units but no physical
large shipments have gone out.

------------- Begin message -------------

Our updates are coming directly from china DJI headquarters, they stated yesterday that dealers won't
receive the units for another 2 weeks, they said dealers have been sent sample units but no physical
large shipments have gone out.

:(

I have a feeling it may be 'two weeks' (in DJI-speak) rather than two weeks. They just don't have anything to ship. The few units they managed to squeeze out so far may be preproduction hardware that they were forced to release for PR purposes. Those who have to wait a bit longer may be glad they did.

I'm not as anxious as some of the people here but if DJI advertises a product and can only crank out 40 or so that's a joke. Something really F'd up over there for that to happen. I mean Apple can hold an event, open up the preorder, and crank product out like no body's business in less time. What the hell really happened with DJI for this to happen? It's not like they are some small time company trying to source a manufacturing plant on the other side of the world. THEY ARE RIGHT THERE IN CHINA! Oh well, I'm waiting patiently and enjoying the panic, mutiny, joy, and jealousy. It's kind of like it's own social experiment...Image a group of people stuck on an island with no outside communication...People start going nuts and fabricating stuff and others believe. Then the place goes apeshit crazy lol!

I just had an evil thought, all some unscrupulous person would have to do is post something like 'I just got off the phone with <vendor x> and they said they had 12 in stock because of cancellations. Give them a call!' The result would be like the telephone version of a DDoS attack. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1