DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

I'm sorry to disagree but DJI created this mess when they announced an October 15 release when they CLEARLY had no intention or capacity to meet the target date. Even now, two weeks past the release date, the factory isn't in full production.

they really did make this mess...if everyone had ordered just one...which if you order two because you want two that's different...but ordering several just to get one quicker really isn't working...you guys with multiple orders and are only keeping one should find which place u ordered from that you think will be quickest and cancel the rest

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Does anyone know the shipping weight of the fly more package? The Fedex link says the package heading to my zip code is 5.73 pounds. Is that a regular Pro or a Fly More? I ordered the Fly More so if it's a regular Pro, I'll know it's not mine.
The standard one weighs 4.85 pounds. The one you are talking about seems to be the fly more.

For all those with Monday Oct. 31st delivery to the USA, I think many of you might get lucky and see "early" delivery happening on Friday instead. The flight is slightly ahead of schedule compared to the one that left on Monday for the standard orders that many received a day early (Tuesday). So assuming nothing goes wrong with the flight or customs clearance, there's at least a chance!

And for the person that asked, you can track the flight here: FedEx (FX) #5986 ✈ 27-Oct-2016 ✈ HKG / VHHH - KMEM ✈ FlightAware
Thanks!

This is so annoying. I ordered the Fly More package through Amazon before the keynote was even over... and got a "Nov 1 - Nov 17" delivery date. And of course... absolutely no hint that anything has been shipped (credit card not charged either).
same deal here :/

This is starting to sound like a company that was near bankruptcy, and had no cash on hand to order the parts to build the device. So they had to wait to get a lot of orders in, take the cash, then go out and order from their suppliers in a mad rush.

The standard one weighs 4.85 pounds. The one you are talking about seems to be the fly more.
5 lbs seems too low. 9.7 lbs / 4.4 kgs is what is declared to fedex for my flymore.
shipped by DJI, ordered view newegg (2016-09-30), expedited processing. I don't know if it's one of the 100's but I suspect not. I guess the 100's are for actual resellers, not the direct-via-DJI sales of newegg and other sites
sp.png

5 lbs seems too low. 9.7 lbs / 4.4 kgs is what is declared to fedex for my flymore.
shipped by DJI, ordered view newegg (2016-09-30), expedited processing. I don't know if it's one of the 100's but I suspect not. I guess the 100's are for actual resellers, not the direct-via-DJI sales of newegg and other sites
View attachment 492
My Fly More is showing a bigger box: 23x38x49 cms
but a lighter weight: 5.73 lbs / 2.6 kgs

This is starting to sound like a company that was near bankruptcy, and had no cash on hand to order the parts to build the device. So they had to wait to get a lot of orders in, take the cash, then go out and order from their suppliers in a mad rush.
DJI has been so successful with their other products that I wouldn't think they are on the ropes, but yeah, in another situation I would be thinking exactly the same thing.

Uhhh, no. Im not sure you understand the current size of DJI or how all this works in any way. The fact that they are shipping less than a month after being announced means that the production lines were already tooled up and ready to go. They didn't take payment for a product that was to ship months from now.

Reactions: Theron
For all those with Monday Oct. 31st delivery to the USA, I think many of you might get lucky and see "early" delivery happening on Friday instead. The flight is slightly ahead of schedule compared to the one that left on Monday for the standard orders that many received a day early (Tuesday). So assuming nothing goes wrong with the flight or customs clearance, there's at least a chance!

And for the person that asked, you can track the flight here: FedEx (FX) #5986 [emoji574] 27-Oct-2016 [emoji574] HKG / VHHH - KMEM [emoji574] FlightAware

Thats what I'm hoping!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

They didn't take payment for a product that was to ship months from now.
Uhhh, maybe not intentionally, but the true shipping schedule remains to be seen. Hopefully they will get it together but given all the misleading information thus far I will believe it when I have some product in my hands and not before.

From the look of things DJI has shipped 100 or so Mavics in 2 weeks after claiming their production line was in full swing. Unfortunately they contradict this assertion in their Gizmodo statement.

Uhhh, no. Im not sure you understand the current size of DJI or how all this works in any way. The fact that they are shipping less than a month after being announced means that the production lines were already tooled up and ready to go. They didn't take payment for a product that was to ship months from now.

From the look of things DJI has shipped 100 or so Mavics in 2 weeks after claiming their production line was in full swing. Unfortunately they contradict this assertion in their Gizmodo statement.

Ok. So what you re saying is you DO think DJI is in some sort of financial straights? Lets be clear here... in order produce what they have shipped (and they have obviously shipped more than a hundred units. Remember that the message board spreadsheets only represent a small faction of actual activity), they would need to have production lines ready to go. This isn't a kickstarter. DJI's large retail partners are standing by for product. Best Buy shelves have displays on them... do you know how much it costs to put a product display in a best buy aisle? A complete fortune. And they have Mavic displays in every store slated as "coming soon."

Best Buy says they start shipping their first group of preorders tomorrow. B&H says they start shipping Monday.

Everyone should relax. It's been said that the email quoted in the Giz article is a fabrication, and DJI neither confirmed or denied it's authenticity.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure