DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

I don't state or imply DJI is in any sort of financial trouble. Heck they may be sitting on a cool billion in pre-order sales cash. There a tiny sampling of production Mavic YouTube videos online so there are not many units in the field. Further members here & on DJI are diehard more likely to have pre-orders. I will frankly be amazed if Best Buy delivers these units they have sold. We'll know for sure in a few days.

WHO certified & declared the email a fabrication? Some folks just seem to be in denial. I actually think some enjoy being deceived.

Ok. So what you re saying is you DO think DJI is in some sort of financial straights? Lets be clear here... in order produce what they have shipped (and they have obviously shipped more than a hundred units. Remember that the message board spreadsheets only represent a small faction of actual activity), they would need to have production lines ready to go. This isn't a kickstarter. DJI's large retail partners are standing by for product. Best Buy shelves have displays on them... do you know how much it costs to put a product display in a best buy aisle? A complete fortune. And they have Mavic displays in every store slated as "coming soon."

Best Buy says they start shipping their first group of preorders tomorrow. B&H says they start shipping Monday.

Everyone should relax. It's been said that the email quoted in the Giz article is a fabrication, and DJI neither confirmed or denied it's authenticity.

Best Buy says they start shipping their first group of preorders tomorrow.
Best Buy says they start shipping their first group of preorders tomorrow and I have some land for sale in Florida you might be interested in.

We're talking about 2 different things here I think.

The gizmodo article says 100 total (hard to believe)

The other email says 100 fly more packages to tier 1 dealers which is very easy to believe.

We're talking about 2 different things here I think.

The gizmodo article says 100 total (hard to believe)

The other email says 100 fly more packages to tier 1 dealers which is very easy to believe.

yeah i believe they've shipped more than 100 total...it's still not a lot but it's more than that

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

and honestly in my opinion i think dji has a shortage of things to produce the mavics in huge quantities...whether it's the battery or props...no one knows i guess...but i truly think they have a shortage of one or more things...i think preparation and the urge to release before i think they were ready was a bad move and they're definitely paying for that when it comes to reputation...i have probably another month to wait and MIGHT get mine and really i'm not worried...im not flying it in snow and it probably will be snowing...and the product looks worth a wait...a reasonable wait at least...hopefully when november hits they have their act together and start really pushing these things to the dealers...and just think of it this way...the later you get it the most likely people found critical errors and firmware would be updated so by the time you get yours if it's late at least the firmware might be a little more solid than it is right now

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I think this delay goes a little deeper than just 'unprecedented demand' There's something properly wrong at DJI. Just got a feeling.....

Reactions: capnzoog
All,

I changed the format to add statistical information on all who posted pre-order and shipment information here in mavicpilots.com.

MavicPilots.com PreOrder and Shipping Summary

I still have to add and update those who posted since late yesterday. At some point, I will arrange to have this integrated with a very similar list going around in dji.com.

I hope you like the new format. Click on the Likey below if you like it
;).

I disagree DJI is "paying" with their reputation. I´d say it´s the opposite in fact.

Of course it´s getting customers crazy, mad and in existential crisis. The pressure is up and all. But if this whole situation shows one thing is that their reputation is in doing excellent and highly-desired drones. Delivering them is only a matter of suply and demand, maybe logistics too - but another thing altogether. And that good reputation seem pretty unharmed IMO. Otherwise it´d chill and everyone who ordered the Mavic would drop it or buy a Karma and be happy. Which I´m not seeing happening.

Everything will be back to normal once they start shipping in good numbers. Demand is high, supply is short - I almost envy DJI´s position from a business POV, what a f***** sweet problem to have!!! :p That´s the power of quality and exclusivity. In other words, DJI might be messing up here and there - but the defining factor is undeniable: the Mavic has no competitors and thus, it´ll rule.

All,

I changed the format to add statistical information on all who posted pre-order and shipment information here in mavicpilots.com.

MavicPilots.com PreOrder and Shipping Summary

I still have to add and update those who posted since late yesterday. At some point, I will arrange to have this integrated with a very similar list going around in dji.com.

I hope you like the new format. Click on the Likey below if you like it
;).

this is awesome. thanks!

if you care to add, I ordered from B&H on the Oct 6th @ 12:34 am.

I have updated twice since yesterday morning, my final update is this one (just in case).

Fly More Package, Shipped Oct 26, TBD Oct 31.

It seems there are no English / Europeans around...
What about those dates?

Amazon.co.uk.PNG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt