DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question for the Mavic Gurus of Video making..

I tried turning and strafing using cinematic mode today..

I think there is a world of difference when using cinematic mode to remove the turn and get choppy video issue..
I'll get the video up soon and you guys let me know...

And here you go..

What do you guys think?

These are nice smooth movements.
One trick I've come fund of is shooting dead slow even when I want faster movements. And than I add speed to it in post processing. I also sometimes shoot backwards and reverse in post, what ever is easier and more manageable during flight.

I watched in some videos showing users changing the EXP on their controls and they can select Gentle, Normal and Sports..

Just went in a minutes to check and there are no such options to select.. Only Normal...
how about you guys?

Reactions: Red_Raven
I watched in some videos showing users changing the EXP on their controls and they can select Gentle, Normal and Sports..

Just went in a minutes to check and there are no such options to select.. Only Normal...
how about you guys?

it's gone.... I have it in dji go older app witch I use for phantom.. But not in go 4

Reactions: Cerberus
it's gone.... I have it in dji go older app witch I use for phantom.. But not in go 4

Thats unfortunate.. would be great if I can edit the forward speed for tripod and cinematic mode, other than that, its controls is great for a more fluid vid recording..

Reactions: Red_Raven
i'm thinking of writing up to DJI and suggest they enable several custom presets we can edit and select when the right moments calls for it..

I think it will be more influential if we all write in and suggest this be made available on their next update. How about it, guys?

Reactions: WheelzWorld
I haven't played with it enough yet to be definite, but I think the cinematic mode shows promise. You can certainly dial in similar settings with the EXP and gimbal controls, but cinematic mode allows you to keep those at different settings if you prefer. Cinematic mode seems to be a happy midpoint between normal and tripod mode and further allows you tweak the settings to your liking.

I haven't played with it enough yet to be definite, but I think the cinematic mode shows promise. You can certainly dial in similar settings with the EXP and gimbal controls, but cinematic mode allows you to keep those at different settings if you prefer. Cinematic mode seems to be a happy midpoint between normal and tripod mode and further allows you tweak the settings to your liking.

I just wish I can edit the setting for cinematic mode and make the forward motion like the normal one... its moving forward too slow for me..

I just wish I can edit the setting for cinematic mode and make the forward motion like the normal one... its moving forward too slow for me..
It looks like your getting better making slow movements and reducing the jittery effect. As a separate issue, you do have pretty severe "watercolor effect" going on in all your vids you've posted. Try increasing your sharpness setting and see if that helps. If not, you may have a defective Mavic camera board that needs attention.

It looks like your getting better making slow movements and reducing the jittery effect. As a separate issue, you do have pretty severe "watercolor effect" going on in all your vids you've posted. Try increasing your sharpness setting and see if that helps. If not, you may have a defective Mavic camera board that needs attention.

Water color effects? I think my Mavic is fine, just that my color grading skills leaves a lot to be desired...LOL..

Improving in controls, but still needs loads of practice to improve better. in the latest vid you will notice some minor sudden "jumps" while I was turning. That is when my "thick" fingers kinda jumped a notch while trying to hold it in that position... I'm getting old.. haha

p.s :- btw, please explain what you mean by water color effects? and on which area of the vid is this very noticeable.. I have a feeling you were referring to the trees..

i'm thinking of writing up to DJI and suggest they enable several custom presets we can edit and select when the right moments calls for it..

I think it will be more influential if we all write in and suggest this be made available on their next update. How about it, guys?

We simply need a function to save and load settings from file. That'll do for infinite number of different profile for all settings.
And would make firmware updates both easier and saver when people could load their settings from file instead of have to go trough each and every setting there is.

Water color effects? I think my Mavic is fine, just that my color grading skills leaves a lot to be desired...LOL..

Improving in controls, but still needs loads of practice to improve better. in the latest vid you will notice some minor sudden "jumps" while I was turning. That is when my "thick" fingers kinda jumped a notch while trying to hold it in that position... I'm getting old.. haha

p.s :- btw, please explain what you mean by water color effects? and on which area of the vid is this very noticeable.. I have a feeling you were referring to the trees..

I saw it in some thread where people were grouping up to send demands of a fix to dji.
They want them to fix this watercolor effect that is said make footage from mavic camera look more like a watercolor painting g than actual photos.

Not that I can answer for other people, but I would guess that's what he's talking about.

I still don't get what you guys meant for "Water Color" Effect..

I'll google it up and see whether I can find out what you guys meant..

To my Grand Old Lady video, I find the Oil Tower and buildings crisp and clear..

Its just the trees seem blurry and all... I'm not sure whether what you guys mean this when you say my video has this water color effect...

My Mavic had the "stuttering" effect. Tried all kinds of settings/combinations to no avail. Returned it within the 30-day return period at Amazon. Replacement works just fine out of the box. No more jerky video. Just my experience, not saying yours is faulty, just that it appears mine was. There is another thread about this issue.

My Mavic had the "stuttering" effect. Tried all kinds of settings/combinations to no avail. Returned it within the 30-day return period at Amazon. Replacement works just fine out of the box. No more jerky video. Just my experience, not saying yours is faulty, just that it appears mine was. There is another thread about this issue.

Well, I'm fairly certain my stuttering effect is from my clumsy fingers seeing that I have smooth footage when I move my AC forward at normal settings and only have this pretty bad stuttering effect when I am turning and strafing my AC..

And as some helpful souls pointed out in this thread of mine, lowering the EXP and stuff for the RC settings does help alot.. I didnt fiddle with the settings but I did try out Cinematic mode which I have to say is an improvement in my eyes... I'm just a bit miffed that the forward speed on Tripod and Cinematic is too slow for my liking...

Well, I'm fairly certain my stuttering effect is from my clumsy fingers seeing that I have smooth footage when I move my AC forward at normal settings and only have this pretty bad stuttering effect when I am turning and strafing my AC..

And as some helpful souls pointed out in this thread of mine, lowering the EXP and stuff for the RC settings does help alot.. I didnt fiddle with the settings but I did try out Cinematic mode which I have to say is an improvement in my eyes... I'm just a bit miffed that the forward speed on Tripod and Cinematic is too slow for my liking...
Check out this thread....Not a smooth video while turning...more suggestions there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian