DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question for the Mavic Gurus of Video making..

I don't understand the purpose of downsampling to 24 then follow with upsampling to 60. I pretty much film at 30fps, then interpolate upsample to 60 if the scene requires less jitter.

No particular purpose, I just wanted to see whether downsampling and upsampling will provide any kind of difference with the original 30FPS video..

What do you mean by interpolate upsample to 60fps? How is that done?

Ok, another video run in a difference section of my town.. I think I overdid the colors in this one.. but meh... just practicing my video capturing runs so I can do a better job when my lens filters arrived... Enjoy..

Ok, another video run in a difference section of my town.. I think I overdid the colors in this one.. but meh... just practicing my video capturing runs so I can do a better job when my lens filters arrived... Enjoy..

Very colorful and scenic where you are! What are your settings when you shoot? Because all your foliage is mushy. I know you started the thread to discuss editing, but your stuff would look a lot better if you could remove the watercolor effect from your videos. Your camera settings may solve this problem.

Reactions: Cerberus
Very colorful and scenic where you are! What are your settings when you shoot? Because all your foliage is mushy. I know you started the thread to discuss editing, but your stuff would look a lot better if you could remove the watercolor effect from your videos. Your camera settings may solve this problem.

Yea, I noted that most of the foliage in my videos are mushy looking... not sure why.

Setting at 2.7k / 30fps, color at none, style at -3 -3 -3. Shutter at 1250 I think, ISO at 100.

I'm again stumped at the water color effect description.. I tried googling and I can't figure out what you guys mean by water color effect... haha.. please someone elaborate to me by what you mean in "water color effect"

Anyone else besides Strafe1 who feels that all my videos have this "water color" effect? I tried looking over them again but I still don't get what he meant by water color effect... I hope that doesn't mean I am color blind or something.. :(

p.s :- read this thread here which mentions this water color effect... I think it possible because of the style I set my mavic to... I;ve set mine to -3 -3 -3... so possibly this could be my problem (though for the life of me I still don't really see this so called water color effect.. haha.. will try -1 -1 -1 soon and Hope Strafe1 will look at it and tell me whether there is a difference..

Last edited:
Reactions: Budmancan
Anyone else besides Strafe1 who feels that all my videos have this "water color" effect? I tried looking over them again but I still don't get what he meant by water color effect... I hope that doesn't mean I am color blind or something.. :(

p.s :- read this thread here which mentions this water color effect... I think it possible because of the style I set my mavic to... I;ve set mine to -3 -3 -3... so possibly this could be my problem (though for the life of me I still don't really see this so called water color effect.. haha.. will try -1 -1 -1 soon and Hope Strafe1 will look at it and tell me whether there is a difference..
Watercolor on this forum refers to the mushy looking trees and grass. They look like someone painted them in using watercolor paints. No definition, only blobs. This effect has been attributed to negative custom settings like you have done. Try 0,0,0 on your settings. -1,-1,-1 might even be too much. Then post some video if you don't mind!

Reactions: AyeYo and Cerberus
Watercolor on this forum refers to the mushy looking trees and grass. They look like someone painted them in using watercolor paints. No definition, only blobs. This effect has been attributed to negative custom settings like you have done. Try 0,0,0 on your settings. -1,-1,-1 might even be too much. Then post some video if you don't mind!

So it is the trees and stuff... what about the buildings? Do they look water colored to you?

It is less visible but you can see it.

It's just easier on trees and such

This is bad, and all the while I thought my Video are perfectly nice.. lol

Thankz for the heads up.. gonna experiment more on this with the style settings..

I was looking at best video settings for the Mavic Pro at youtube and I came across something interesting..

it appears some users suggest using the Color ART plus some tweak in the style settings..
so going to my Mavic and looking around, can't seem to find ART in the color settings...

Was it removed from the newer firmware updates or something?

I think "ART" (ios) is "NONE" (Android) also some people like the D-cinelike. But of course it's best to get the footage the most neutral.

Check white balance also. Some people say "put only to sunny or cloudy" others say "put to manual"

I was looking at best video settings for the Mavic Pro at youtube and I came across something interesting..

it appears some users suggest using the Color ART plus some tweak in the style settings..
so going to my Mavic and looking around, can't seem to find ART in the color settings...

Was it removed from the newer firmware updates or something?
Just for a moment, forget all about best settings your finding on youtube. That's why your settings were -3.-3,-3. Just try color setting of NONE or D-Cinelike, all at 0,0,0. Just see if this fixes your mushy trees problem. If that works, then start looking at ART or other profile. Also, be sure your exposure (EV) is 0 or +0.3.

Tried D-Cinelike with -1,-1,-1... the trees are sharp and crystal clear..

Can't find the Color ART in my MP though.

And to EV, I can't control them, when I put my video to manual, the EV becomes untouchable..

I believe the ART profile is only on the IOS version. The Android version has different Color profiles. Why? I have no idea....

I believe the ART profile is only on the IOS version. The Android version has different Color profiles. Why? I have no idea....

Thats too bad.. I think ART color would be more my type of video I can edit comfortably with... oh well..

Thats too bad.. I think ART color would be more my type of video I can edit comfortably with... oh well..
I have had better luck editing DLog than ART. And D-cinelike is even easier. Don't be led to believe that you have to have this super flat profile to edit well. If you can get D-cinelike to look great, then just use that. I love using that shooting mode. If you want to do a lot of post edit, shoot D-cinelike -1,-3,-2.

I have had better luck editing DLog than ART. And D-cinelike is even easier. Don't be led to believe that you have to have this super flat profile to edit well. If you can get D-cinelike to look great, then just use that. I love using that shooting mode. If you want to do a lot of post edit, shoot D-cinelike -1,-3,-2.

Testing out d-cinelike at the moment, I still have a long way to go in terms of color grading though

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan