DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question to the Forum - Re: SD card

Fergy

Reactions
Can I use a larger SD card in my Mavic or is 64Gb the recommended one.

thanks
fergy

64GB is what DJI recommends as the max, but some people are using larger memory cards. If it works, you can use it.

Reactions: Pathogen
Some devices will run a higher capacity card but will limit as to how much it will hold, one of my old cameras had a 8gb limit and accepted a 32gb card but would not exceed 8gb capacity when shooting.

Some devices will run a higher capacity card but will limit as to how much it will hold
64GB is definitely not the limit for the Mavic.

Reactions: Pathogen
I have a larger SD card that didn't work well, but it's read/write speed was to slow, so that might have been the problem. I had a bunch of 16gb SD cards that did work, but broke down and got a 64gb with the correct read/write rating. Never a problem since.

Reactions: fiftiesnut
I've used 200GB as well as 128GB. My current card is a samsung 128GB that has 90MB write speed (U3). Works great. I did have issues with a Sandisk 128GB Extreme which degraded quickly. Maybe I got a bad one. It was too slow and resulted in video stopping very often. The Sandisk Ultra works without issues. Samsung is even better with the high read/write speeds.

I have a 128gb in mine and it has worked just fine. I have never let it fill up though as I typically clean it off right after I get home from a flight.

I've used 200GB as well as 128GB. My current card is a samsung 128GB that has 90MB write speed (U3). Works great. I did have issues with a Sandisk 128GB Extreme which degraded quickly. Maybe I got a bad one. It was too slow and resulted in video stopping very often. The Sandisk Ultra works without issues. Samsung is even better with the high read/write speeds.
I am running a Sandisk 128gb Extreme and I haven't had any problems with it at all. I have had it for 6 months now.

I'm using a Samsung 128GB with no issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez